Bioshock Infinite Announced

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#301 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

I don’t know… I just wasn’t blown away. It certainly isn’t a bad game, but I just didn’t enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to. I put everything in spoiler tags for ease-of-reading, but keep in mind the last two do actually discuss spoilers.

Art Style
Spoiler

Gameplay
Spoiler

The Ending (SPOILERS!)
Spoiler

Some nitpicky stuff about the plot... (SPOILERS!)
Spoiler

At first I didn't mind that the core ideas of Bioshock Infinite were so similar to the original Bioshock ("how about we put it in the sky this time?") because I thought there would be a new great story and characters... unfortunately I don't feel that either of these lived up to the original. Columbia doesn't quite carry the same intriguing backstory that Rapture did, we don't really learn about the warped ideals that shaped Comstock's villainy like we did with Ryan (even when we get the chance, it just sorta tells us "after this event he becomes evil", and the game's big twist isn't quite as nuanced as it was in the original. Like I said, certainly not a bad game, but definitely not what I thought it would be either. Maybe it's just impossible to live up to the expectations of the original.

#302 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

I apologize, I just wanted to
Spoiler

#303 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Wow....Spoiler alert kind of....Only watch if you've beaten the game. Turn your speakers up and listen at the 14 second mark

http://www.youtube.c...mvkZ6TIMk#t=13s

Formerly known as slickkill77

#304 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

Wow....Spoiler alert kind of....Only watch if you've beaten the game. Turn your speakers up and listen at the 14 second mark

Holy fucking shit. I can't believe that foresight.

#305 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Sound repeats itself near the end of the clip, around 1:26 or so. Could be planned, could be coincidence. Either way, now that it's been brought up, won't be long for someone to go through sounds files to verify.

#306 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Sound repeats itself near the end of the clip, around 1:26 or so. Could be planned, could be coincidence. Either way, now that it's been brought up, won't be long for someone to go through sounds files to verify.

Even if its not
Spoiler
its still a very cool possibility and weird coincidence

#307 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

That's the coolest shit ever.

Edit: Looks like it's not in some other versions of the video. Kinda want to go back to check myself. I'm totally playing B1 again after this anyway. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Edited by ActionKazimer, 01 April 2013 - 03:51 PM.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#308 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

That post-credits tag kind of changes the tone of the ending. Make sure you sit through the credits if you haven't already, because a lot of people I've seen try to "explain" what happens in the ending seem like they might've missed it.
Spoiler

Overall I liked it, but I wasn't as blown away as some have been. The first half of the game, or maybe the first 2/3, really had me going, but I kind of became exhausted by the time you get to the latter sections.
Spoiler

That said, the art design, attention to detail -- all of that -- is pretty spectacular. Not sure I'll go through it again, but it's certainly worth one trip at least.

#309 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

That post-credits tag kind of changes the tone of the ending. Make sure you sit through the credits if you haven't already, because a lot of people I've seen try to "explain" what happens in the ending seem like they might've missed it.

Spoiler

Overall I liked it, but I wasn't as blown away as some have been. The first half of the game, or maybe the first 2/3, really had me going, but I kind of became exhausted by the time you get to the latter sections.
Spoiler

That said, the art design, attention to detail -- all of that -- is pretty spectacular. Not sure I'll go through it again, but it's certainly worth one trip at least.

I still think the after credits scene means
Spoiler

Then again, this other Forbes article poses some interesting ideas about the ending http://www.forbes.co...sed-completely/

I still enjoy thinking Booker
Spoiler

#310 Duminakan89

Duminakan89

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

What is your favorite vigor to use and or upgrade in Bioshock Infinite?

#311 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I was a big fan of Bucking Bronco, as well as Devil's Kiss. Undertow came in handy towards the end of the game.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#312 nevergonnagive2

nevergonnagive2

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

I used undertow the most. Loved knocking the enemies off of the map

#313 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Certainly worth 2 trips at least, there's so many minor things in you might have missed. Here's a good spoiler discussion, again if you haven't beaten the game don't click here. These guys bring up a lot of good points, was the conversation I wanted to have with all my friends when I beat the game 2 days after release lol!
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#314 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Undertow is too good. Having access to pushing and pulling physics kills, as well as being able to stun Patriots and Handymen makes me consider it the best, overall. Between that and the Bronco/Charge combo, I can only imagine the enemies raining into the ocean below.

I found that each Vigor had it's time to shine. I did use fully upgraded Devil's Kiss for the majority of my 1999 run. Seldom messed with the single grenades; I'd generally toss traps into mobs of dudes and watch the nuclear fallout from the other room.

Despite the fun idea behind Return to Sender, I didn't find myself utilizing it too often. Too many other exploitable weaknesses across enemies to pull me back.

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#315 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

One thing is for sure: I love Bioshock 1 more than Infinite. Bioshock is my favorite game and Infinite my 2nd favorite game. The thing about Infinite though, is that it has left me thinking about the story well after I beat it. I can't think of any other games that have done that as well as Infinite has (I haven't played every game obviously so that probably isn't true for everyone). It seems like that is true for a lot of people. Spec Ops the line did that pretty well and a lot of games have had great stories, but there are very few, if any that have left me searching for answers and digging for tiny details quite like this game did.

Edited by slickkill77, 03 April 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#316 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hey guys i have played the first bio shock but never the second one do i need to play the second one to understand the Infinite or could i just just right into the third game? Thanks a ton

#317 zyk

zyk

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

Hey guys i have played the first bio shock but never the second one do i need to play the second one to understand the Infinite or could i just just right into the third game? Thanks a ton

Nope. You can jump right into Infinite no problem.

#318 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Beat the game Sunday. Can't stop thinking about it, because I'm trying to make sense of the story. But there's just too many plot holes or unexplained bits.

Put me in the camp that wasn't really impressed. The first Bioshock dominated Infinite in every way.

Spoiler

I would have had no beef with the ending if it was presented like that.

#319 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yeah great conversation guys!

I thought this guy summed it up as well as could be explained (as always DONT READ if you havent finished yet)

http://venturebeat.c...ng-explanation/

#320 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

I used Possession and Devil's Kiss for pretty much the entire game. Barely touched the others.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#321 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

99.99% possession and .01% of devil's kiss everything else could go hit the bricks! And I rarely used the charged versions of either vigor.

#322 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Murder of Crows for large mobs, cause it's the best CC. Shock Jockey for everybody else, cause it stuns turrets, Patriots, Handyman, and even Lady Comstock.

#323 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Fully maxed murder of crows means every time you kill someone, you get more crows. Couple that with gear that increases crit damage and gear that generates shocks by killing people with excessive force, you've got a nice way to kill a large group of people

#324 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

is it just me or does the game world seem way to big for a bioshock game. seems like 80 percent of the time im just walking around looking in stuff to loot. i think i like the close area of bioshock 1 and 2 then a more open world like this game.

#325 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

well i was loving this game until i got to the part
Spoiler

Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#326 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Just got this used for $9.xx from GS. Used the birthday coupon and the steal of the week for a total of 45% off then traded Far Cry 3 in towards the purcase of Infinite with the 50% bonus. Plus copped the season pass of ebay for $15

#327 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Has anyone try taking a blacklight to the lithographs to see if there's any hidden message written like there was for Bioshock 2 posters?

#328 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

But yeah, I'm going to dread this part in 1999 mode.

#329 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

Spoiler

But yeah, I'm going to dread this part in 1999 mode.

Spoiler

#330 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

Spoiler

I tried this about 50 times before I finally found a glitch on youtube that worked. It definitely made it way easier.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png