Bioshock Infinite Announced

I Was thinking that after Bioshock 1 and 2 that the people of Rapture still had a bit more stories to tell, but honestly this will do just fine. I Am liking the look of it though and curious how or if morality choices play as big a role in this one as well. I'm gonna guess how much you push Elizabeth to help you in missions decides the ending.

Im like wtf yeahh it looks pretty interesting, the only thing that has to convince me how it is a city hidden in the sky?? , and altought they say its not a prequel for me it is, go team bioshock.

I am extremely, extremely skeptical.. but Levine's on board and I trust him, so I'll pick this up. It's no secret that I'm such a huge fan of the series. I don't understand why there's a city in the sky, though.. maybe it'll end up being a dream or something.. I dunno. Like I said, I trust Levine, and I'll pick it up.

[quote name='Scorch']I am extremely, extremely skeptical.. but Levine's on board and I trust him, so I'll pick this up. It's no secret that I'm such a huge fan of the series. I don't understand why there's a city in the sky, though.. maybe it'll end up being a dream or something.. I dunno. Like I said, I trust Levine, and I'll pick it up.[/QUOTE]
Ditto

Story sounds pretty cool:

BioShock Infinite is set in 1912, prior to the events of the first two BioShock games, Though it has little to do with the plot of the previous games. The primary setting is a city suspended in the air by giant blimps and balloons, called "Columbia". Unlike the secret development of the underwater city of Rapture, Columbia was proudly boasted by the American government when launched in 1900, centralized on the idea of American exceptionalism.[1] Between its launch and the game's events, the well-armed city became involved in an "international incident", and the location of the city was soon lost from everyone else.[2] Like Rapture, Columbia is considered a failed utopia, with signs present suggesting a theocracy government taking control at some point, and similar racial-purification concepts such as nazism.[3][4][5] Columbia has been compared to a cross between steampunk and the Star Wars Bespin cloud city.[4] as well as the airships of Final Fantasy settings.[3]
The main character is Booker DeWitt, a former, disgraced agent of the Pinkerton National Detective Agency. He is hired by individuals, aware of Columbia's location, to invade the air-city and rescue Elizabeth, a woman that was abducted as a girl and has been in the air-city since.[4] Though he finds Elizabeth easily enough, DeWitt quickly discovers that Elizabeth is central to the city's conflict, forcing DeWitt and Elizabeth to trust each other in order to escape.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock_Infinite

the colors in the trailer were nice. hope to see the vibrant colors in the game

and what next bioshock in space..

big daddy vs space daddy

[quote name='timesplitt']the colors in the trailer were nice. hope to see the vibrant colors in the game

and what next bioshock in space..

big daddy vs space daddy[/QUOTE]

It's been done before...check out System Shock 2.

I hope they don't ruin the franchise. I thought that about 2 and it turned out ok. This is my favorite current gen franchise and 2nd to Zelda for me.

I loved Bioshock, but Bioshock 2 was just boring to me for some reason. This looks really interesting though. The steampunk-like theme looks amazing.

I already know the ending so *SPOILERS* you have to fight a big momma (big daddy's gotta come from somewhere, amirite?) over an ocean and you use your plasmid to pop the big balloons and the city falls into the ocean and BOOM they rename the city to rapture.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I already know the ending so *SPOILERS* you have to fight a big momma (big daddy's gotta come from somewhere, amirite?) over an ocean and you use your plasmid to pop the big balloons and the city falls into the ocean and BOOM they rename the city to rapture.[/QUOTE]

Even though I know your post was a joke, you must not of understood the first games if you think that would even be a possibility.

This game looks badass.

It would be cool if there's a young Andrew Ryan in the game as a minor character. That maybe the happenings on this cloud city are part of what makes him decide to eventually build Rapture?

um, so why is it called bioshock then? I am a total whore for Bioshock, but why use the IP for this? Looks interesting though. Will never replace rapture in my heart though.

[quote name='Nico0020']um, so why is it called bioshock then? I am a total whore for Bioshock, but why use the IP for this? Looks interesting though. Will never replace rapture in my heart though.[/QUOTE]

Because its from the same universe, also we don't know much of the story yet...with how perfectly Bioshock told us its story, I'm sure Bioshock Infinite will have the same impact and its bound to have some surprises that will somehow tie into Rapture. 2K has already stated that they see Bioshock as a franchise like GTA and they plan on making additional games based on the Bioshock universe every couple years or so like they currently do with GTA.

Here's hoping they don't try to shoehorn some not-that-great mulitplayer in the game. I'd much rather they spend the development time on making the single player that much better.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Because its from the same universe, also we don't know much of the story yet...with how perfectly Bioshock told us its story, I'm sure Bioshock Infinite will have the same impact and its bound to have some surprises that will somehow tie into Rapture. 2K has already stated that they see Bioshock as a franchise like GTA and they plan on making additional games based on the Bioshock universe every couple years or so like they currently do with GTA.[/QUOTE]

It depends on what you consider to be the defining characteristics of the game. For me, Bioshock was big daddies, little sisters, adam, plasmids, Andrew Ryan, and Rapture. The narrative and setting were the strongest parts of the game. This game takes place ~50 years before Bioshock, meaning we'll get none of that (at least not under those names and appearances). We will have the theme of a "Utopia turned sour", but that's debatable as to whether that's strong enough to make it a Bioshock game.

[quote name='Nico0020']um, so why is it called bioshock then? I am a total whore for Bioshock, but why use the IP for this? Looks interesting though. Will never replace rapture in my heart though.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I'm in for whatever Levine is doing, but I really thought letting Bioshock 2 go to 2K Marin was akin to shutting the door for Irrational. It was a bit of a not-exciting surprise to see the name, but the teaser was fun...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Because its from the same universe, also we don't know much of the story yet...with how perfectly Bioshock told us its story, I'm sure Bioshock Infinite will have the same impact and its bound to have some surprises that will somehow tie into Rapture. [/QUOTE]

Easy money is that Columbia being a failed Utopia is what drove Andrew Ryan under water away from outside influence. However, I bet there will be a lot more than that to tie them together.

[quote name='Corvin']Easy money is that Columbia being a failed Utopia is what drove Andrew Ryan under water away from outside influence. However, I bet there will be a lot more than that to tie them together.[/QUOTE]
Man, with the fits that people had when BioShock 2 retconned Sophia Lamb into the story... How is it going to fly that no one in BioShock 1 or 2 ever mentioned the history of this remarkably similar other isolated failed utopia.

I don't know about the rest, but what made Bioshock for me were the plasmids and the Big Daddies, both of which are in Infinite. Rapture was amazing, but whats to say that this won't be 10x better?

I want to play 2 but I just can not get into it like I did the first one. I will be keeping up with this one to see if I will want to get it or not. If it has online play it would be nice to have dedicated servers but I'm sure it wont.

I don't see a reason why it needs a different title than Bioshock. Bio meaning "life" and shock meaning well "shock". It's a shock in a way life or a shocking way of life, which describes both games and will also explain this one. Just like System Shock 1 and 2 (Bioshock is said to be the spiritual successor to System Shock 1 and 2) dealt with a computer systems causing havoc. All these games relate to something "shocking" a peaceful way of life.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Bio meaning "life" and shock meaning well "shock". It's a shock in a way life or a shocking way of life, which describes both games and will also explain this one.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

i am intrigued to see what weapons are featured. this is the early 1900s

look out a zeppelin

i feel like music may play a role

bread's done
Back