So in the trailer it shows elizabeth
Spoiler
. When dat happen?

#334 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

i think i like the close area of bioshock 1 and 2 then a more open world like this game.

Spoiler

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#335 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

99.99% possession and .01% of devil's kiss everything else could go hit the bricks! And I rarely used the charged versions of either vigor.

After hearing someone's playstyle as charge vigor, on contact steal health and "magic", charge next enemy, I'm totally doing this!

I mainly just shocked people, got head shots and that notorious splat of their head. Oh man
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#336 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

So in the trailer it shows elizabeth

Spoiler
. When dat happen?

It's called marketing... or you could say it was a metaphor maybe. Prob easier to have that resemble Elizabeth being a hostage than a giant floating structure that resembled Columbia's Statue of Liberty.

Also yeah I had trouble with that combat sequence and died a couple of times so then I just put shock/ crow traps everywhere lol. I also died firstly because I was enjoying the combat, with the sky-line system in play and all your vigors it all blended nicely together at last.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#337 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

After hearing someone's playstyle as charge vigor, on contact steal health and "magic", charge next enemy, I'm totally doing this!

I know, I'm itching to play through the game again and experiment with different vigors.

#338 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

well i was loving this game until i got to the part

Spoiler

I loved this part! It was an actual epic battle in Bioshock. It was Great! Was I one of the select few that didn't have a ton of trouble with this on hard? I had to redo it 2 or 3 times, but didn't think it was impossible in the slightest.

Spoiler

Edited by Jimmienoman, 04 April 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#339 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Whats going to be included in the "Season Pass"? Does anybody have a rumors or news about it? Since this game does not include multiplayer what are they going to add?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#340 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Whats going to be included in the "Season Pass"? Does anybody have a rumors or news about it? Since this game does not include multiplayer what are they going to add?

Elizabeth in Paris
Spoiler

#341 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

No one really knows. They said they would tell other stories so hopefully some actual story DLC like Bioshock 2 got.
I'm guessing one piece of story dlc, challenge rooms/horde mode of some kind, clothing/guns/vigors. Hopefully they will expand upon the
Spoiler

One thing this game did get absolutely right is the death's. This is one of the first game's where I wasn't absolutely pissed at some part of the game that I got stuck on. Far Cry 3 did this pretty well too. No matter how hard a part was or how many times I got my ass kicked I always felt like I would get by it. Well other than the Siren/ghost fight. Most other games have those absolutely frustrating moments that I get stuck on for hours and it makes me want to stop playing. Dead Space 3 did this to me very early on.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#342 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Spoiler

#343 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Could someone recommend a good "Gear" set-up? I am at the point of the game where you are about to enter Comstocks House.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#344 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Well I finished it and cannot for the life of me understand all the praise it is getting. Complicated doesn't mean good.

I wonder if gamers need to get out more. (have you not seen Back to the Future 2?)

I think Bioshock 1 (save for the boss fight) was in every way better.

#345 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Could someone recommend a good "Gear" set-up? I am at the point of the game where you are about to enter Comstocks House.

Rpg's are really helpful at the end. Shotgun is useful too but really anything will do. Its a lot of guys and a lot of patriots to fight

Well I finished it and cannot for the life of me understand all the praise it is getting. Complicated doesn't mean good.

I wonder if gamers need to get out more. (have you not seen Back to the Future 2?)

I don't feel like looking back in the thread, but from what I remember you and about two other people didn't like the game from the very beginning. And your opinion didn't change throughout your play time. Seems like you went in wanting to not like it for whatever reason, but everyone doesn't have the same tastes. I thought Fallout 3 was horribly boring and it was critically praised. We don't like the game just because it was complicated. The world that was crafted was amazing. The music was awesome. Elizabeth's AI was awesome. The story was very well crafted. Gun play was solid.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#346 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

I don't feel like looking back in the thread, but from what I remember you and about two other people didn't like the game from the very beginning. And your opinion didn't change throughout your play time. Seems like you went in wanting to not like it for whatever reason, but everyone doesn't have the same tastes. I thought Fallout 3 was horribly boring and it was critically praised. We don't like the game just because it was complicated. The world that was crafted was amazing. The music was awesome. Elizabeth's AI was awesome. The story was very well crafted. Gun play was solid.

please don't assume. I could just as easily claim that the people who love it simply "wanted" to love it but I'm not that lazy.

People like different things, it's just an opinion. I would say Elizabeth's voice actor was the best I've ever heard.

#347 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

The world that was crafted was amazing. The music was awesome. Elizabeth's AI was awesome. The story was very well crafted. Gun play was solid.

The world wasn't that amazing. Music wasn't bad. Elizabeth was awesome. The story wasn't that well crafted, especially compared to Bioshock 1. It wasn't a bad game, but I'm seriously wondering why everyone is saying it's the guaranteed GOTY.

#348 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

The world wasn't that amazing. Music wasn't bad. Elizabeth was awesome. The story wasn't that well crafted, especially compared to Bioshock 1. It wasn't a bad game, but I'm seriously wondering why everyone is saying it's the guaranteed GOTY.

What other game gives you a vibrant background like that?

I assume you played on console also? If not you can really see the world come to life on PC. That and I just like that it wasn't another dark/dimly lit surroundings. Too many games take that route to hide some design flaws or save space.

It was a very good game in a year that has been kinda down. It probably wouldn't go in my top 10 all time. But it definitely deserved quite a bit of this praise. Music was at least good. AI was decent to good. Help AI was great. Voice acting was good to great. Gameplay was fluid. Frame rate dropped once in a while on consoles due to the world so a slight hit there.

I will say the story was just good. The middle wasn't explained for too long so I started to just be confused.

Overall I definitely think it deserves accolades and some GOTY talk. Especially in a down-ish year so far

#349 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

Elizabeth was an interesting character, but I'm not sure how someone could say she had good AI? She cringed during every confrontation and the enemies just ran past her. At random times I pressed the X button. Helpful, sure. Good AI, not convinced.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#350 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

What other game gives you a vibrant background like that?

I assume you played on console also? If not you can really see the world come to life on PC. That and I just like that it wasn't another dark/dimly lit surroundings. Too many games take that route to hide some design flaws or save space.

You know this game takes the opposite route to save space, right? It turns on the lighting to full instead of darkening everything.

I played on PC on max, btw.

#351 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Elizabeth was an interesting character, but I'm not sure how someone could say she had good AI? She cringed during every confrontation and the enemies just ran past her. At random times I pressed the X button. Helpful, sure. Good AI, not convinced.

This is also true. Low on salts in combat? She finds salt. Low on ammo in combat? She finds the gun you're using. Low on health in combat? She finds you health. Combat ended after she offers you something? She tosses it!

#352 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

True, but I think you could argue everything looks better on PC. Regardless of the actual graphical quality, the art style shows through on all systems, which is probably the most important thing in my opinion.

Yeah I don't quite understand all the compliments to the AI. As I said before, she does have some dynamic actions when you're walking around like automatically sitting down at a nearby bench or what have you, but that's not stuff that exactly sets the AI world on fire. It seemed like alot of times in firefights she would just crouch down while bullets just whizzed by her.

I didn't really much pay attention to verify it, but I had the impression that she never really "warped" while you were turned the other way, which IMO is worth it's share of kudos:

#353 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

Regarding the Lady Comstock encounter:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#354 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

No one really knows. They said they would tell other stories so hopefully some actual story DLC like Bioshock 2 got.
I'm guessing one piece of story dlc, challenge rooms/horde mode of some kind, clothing/guns/vigors. Hopefully they will expand upon the

Spoiler

One thing this game did get absolutely right is the death's. This is one of the first game's where I wasn't absolutely pissed at some part of the game that I got stuck on. Far Cry 3 did this pretty well too. No matter how hard a part was or how many times I got my ass kicked I always felt like I would get by it. Well other than the Siren/ghost fight. Most other games have those absolutely frustrating moments that I get stuck on for hours and it makes me want to stop playing. Dead Space 3 did this to me very early on.

Which part of DS3 did you get stuck on? I don't remember the game being stupidly hard at any point other than the one hit kill rappling segments which were just stupid.

I would definitely buy into DLC branching out into other universes depending where they go with it.

#355 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Wouldn't the DLC have more impact if you played as other characters? It would be cool to see how everyone ended up where they were at the start of infinite.

Same could be said of Tomb Raider. Why there isn't a single player campaign focusing on Roth?

#356 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

The game was easily GOTY till about halfway through, when the game play got repetitive and the story went to shit.

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#357 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

A really good Spoiler Discussion is over on Revision3 about Bioshcok Infinite with Adam Sessler, Jeff Gertsman and Kevin Vonard.

#358 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I played this on pc but since there isn't really a pc thread I will post my thoughts in here.

First of all, I really enjoyed the game a lot. The combat was probably the best in the series so far (although I don't think it was a huge step up from the combat in Bioshock 2, which was awesome). The vigors were fun to use with most if not all of them completely viable to use in almost any situation. The graphics on pc were amazing, the lighting is some of the best I've ever seen in a game. The music was also great, the few "oldies" tunes you get to hear was a really cool experience. I especially loved the banter between Booker and Elizabeth when they hear
Spoiler
The one thing I didn't care for gameplay wise was the whole thing where everywhere you turn you basically have to sit there and just mash "E" (or "X" on a 360 controller I think) to loot everything. It's not a fun mechanic and it completely devalues all the "loot" in the game. I never even looked/cared about anything I found, when it's almost 100% always something you would want you just hit "collect all" and move on with the rest of you life. It's not fun and is in the end completely unnecessary. I know I'm not the only one who has had this complaint but I still wanted to mention it.

In the end as awesome as Columbia was as a setting for a game I still prefer Rapture. At the end when you
Spoiler

When it was all said and done I have to say I was a little disappointed in how "sci-fi" the story ended up being. You get so much thrown at you in the last 30 minutes of the game I'm just not sure it was executed the best that it could of been. I know it must be incredibly difficult to tell a story like this and not have it seem convoluted, and maybe it was done the best that it could have been (Ken Levine and the rest at Irrational are some of the best in the business after all) but I just can't help but feel like it could've been done a little more..... I don't know....cleanly?

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way but in the end (to me) Bioshock 1 is a better executed and overall better game than Bioshock Infinite. While the gameplay and graphics may be improved in Infinite the story twist was much more shocking in the original than in Infinite imo.
Spoiler

Ultimately 5 years from now I believe people will still remember Bioshock 1 before Bioshock Infinite. The original will stick with people longer than it's successor, which IMO means it was a more effective and overall better experience.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#359 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Couldn't disagree more.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#360 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Was just watching the E3 demo from way back in 2011. It's funny how some elements from this demo made it into the final game, some did but in greatly altered form, and some didn't at all.