Bioshock Infinite Announced

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#31 Dezuria

Dezuria

Loading, please wait...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:29 PM

I loved Bioshock, but Bioshock 2 was just boring to me for some reason. This looks really interesting though. The steampunk-like theme looks amazing.

#32 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

I already know the ending so *SPOILERS* you have to fight a big momma (big daddy's gotta come from somewhere, amirite?) over an ocean and you use your plasmid to pop the big balloons and the city falls into the ocean and BOOM they rename the city to rapture.
Posted Image

#33 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:54 PM

I already know the ending so *SPOILERS* you have to fight a big momma (big daddy's gotta come from somewhere, amirite?) over an ocean and you use your plasmid to pop the big balloons and the city falls into the ocean and BOOM they rename the city to rapture.

Even though I know your post was a joke, you must not of understood the first games if you think that would even be a possibility.

#34 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:17 AM

This game looks badass.

It would be cool if there's a young Andrew Ryan in the game as a minor character. That maybe the happenings on this cloud city are part of what makes him decide to eventually build Rapture?

#35 ONESTARv2

ONESTARv2

Dreamcast Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:20 AM

um, so why is it called bioshock then? I am a total whore for Bioshock, but why use the IP for this? Looks interesting though. Will never replace rapture in my heart though.
*The Cadillac of signatures*

#36 captainfrizo

captainfrizo

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

Wow, this looks extremely promising.

#37 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:48 AM

um, so why is it called bioshock then? I am a total whore for Bioshock, but why use the IP for this? Looks interesting though. Will never replace rapture in my heart though.

Because its from the same universe, also we don't know much of the story yet...with how perfectly Bioshock told us its story, I'm sure Bioshock Infinite will have the same impact and its bound to have some surprises that will somehow tie into Rapture. 2K has already stated that they see Bioshock as a franchise like GTA and they plan on making additional games based on the Bioshock universe every couple years or so like they currently do with GTA.

#38 skychotic

skychotic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:58 AM

Cool. I can't wait to play this in 3 years, lol. Extremely early hype anyone?

#39 snico1995

snico1995

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:32 AM

ahhhhhhhh i really want this, i also still need to play bioshock 2

#40 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:33 AM

Here's hoping they don't try to shoehorn some not-that-great mulitplayer in the game. I'd much rather they spend the development time on making the single player that much better.

Because its from the same universe, also we don't know much of the story yet...with how perfectly Bioshock told us its story, I'm sure Bioshock Infinite will have the same impact and its bound to have some surprises that will somehow tie into Rapture. 2K has already stated that they see Bioshock as a franchise like GTA and they plan on making additional games based on the Bioshock universe every couple years or so like they currently do with GTA.

It depends on what you consider to be the defining characteristics of the game. For me, Bioshock was big daddies, little sisters, adam, plasmids, Andrew Ryan, and Rapture. The narrative and setting were the strongest parts of the game. This game takes place ~50 years before Bioshock, meaning we'll get none of that (at least not under those names and appearances). We will have the theme of a "Utopia turned sour", but that's debatable as to whether that's strong enough to make it a Bioshock game.

#41 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

Eh, I'll wait for Bioshock 4: City on the Moon.

#42 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:39 AM

Ditto. I'm in for whatever Levine is doing, but I really thought letting Bioshock 2 go to 2K Marin was akin to shutting the door for Irrational. It was a bit of a not-exciting surprise to see the name, but the teaser was fun...

#43 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

Because its from the same universe, also we don't know much of the story yet...with how perfectly Bioshock told us its story, I'm sure Bioshock Infinite will have the same impact and its bound to have some surprises that will somehow tie into Rapture.

Easy money is that Columbia being a failed Utopia is what drove Andrew Ryan under water away from outside influence. However, I bet there will be a lot more than that to tie them together.

#44 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

Easy money is that Columbia being a failed Utopia is what drove Andrew Ryan under water away from outside influence. However, I bet there will be a lot more than that to tie them together.

Man, with the fits that people had when BioShock 2 retconned Sophia Lamb into the story... How is it going to fly that no one in BioShock 1 or 2 ever mentioned the history of this remarkably similar other isolated failed utopia.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#45 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

I don't know about the rest, but what made Bioshock for me were the plasmids and the Big Daddies, both of which are in Infinite. Rapture was amazing, but whats to say that this won't be 10x better?

#46 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

I want to play 2 but I just can not get into it like I did the first one. I will be keeping up with this one to see if I will want to get it or not. If it has online play it would be nice to have dedicated servers but I'm sure it wont.
Posted Image

#47 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

I don't see a reason why it needs a different title than Bioshock. Bio meaning "life" and shock meaning well "shock". It's a shock in a way life or a shocking way of life, which describes both games and will also explain this one. Just like System Shock 1 and 2 (Bioshock is said to be the spiritual successor to System Shock 1 and 2) dealt with a computer systems causing havoc. All these games relate to something "shocking" a peaceful way of life.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

Bio meaning "life" and shock meaning well "shock". It's a shock in a way life or a shocking way of life, which describes both games and will also explain this one.

:rofl:

#49 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

i am intrigued to see what weapons are featured. this is the early 1900s

look out a zeppelin

i feel like music may play a role

#50 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:09 AM

pictures and article in gameinformer

#51 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

Gameplay video is now up on Xbox Live! Looks freakin' incredible.

http://marketplace.x...4085d?cid=SLink

Man, this is going to a really tough wait. I love that the city isn't as devolved as Rapture was. The atmosphere is actually more tense given that not every single living entity will attack you on sight like they did in the first two games.

#52 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:28 PM

I tried playing the first Bioshock, but I found it too disturbing. After reading the Game Informer coverage in this month's issue, I have to say I'm considering giving Bioshock Infinite a try. The girl and Him sound like a really interesting dynamic.

#53 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

Woah... that demo trailer is amazing.

#54 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

I'm not sure it is possible to watch that trailer and NOT plan a day one purchase. This will be first and ONLY time I would EVER consider advocating the inclusion of co-op in a single player experience like Bioshock.

God damn. How can you NOT get hype watching this shit? How!?

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#55 faceturd

faceturd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

There were a couple of interesting moments:

1. After the Bell Crashes, as you are turning to continue on the street the banner has a weird effect that makes it look like it is materializing.

2. Saltonstall's Face is out of control when he first recognizes you.

3. When you enter the lounge/bar with the Bear in the foyer, the painting on the wall switches from a picture with a horse to a portrait of a man as the camera pans back and forth.

Might be nothing... might be something.

#56 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

I honestly cannot imagine the amount of work scripting this game must entail.

That trailer seems almost too good to be true. If they can keep up quality like that, they could be going for game of the decade!
Posted Image

#57 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:48 AM

Game looks awesome

Formerly known as slickkill77

#58 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:51 AM

Looks absolutely incredible.

#59 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:43 AM

There were a couple of interesting moments:

1. After the Bell Crashes, as you are turning to continue on the street the banner has a weird effect that makes it look like it is materializing.

2. Saltonstall's Face is out of control when he first recognizes you.

3. When you enter the lounge/bar with the Bear in the foyer, the painting on the wall switches from a picture with a horse to a portrait of a man as the camera pans back and forth.

Might be nothing... might be something.

Wow, great observations. I did not notice the first and third things at all on my first viewing. Clearly something crazy is happening underneath the surface in Columbia. So much curiosity about what all that could possibly be.

Here's a YouTube embed:

Also, sounds like DeWitt's voice actor is the same guy who voiced Garrett in the Thief games. Awesome.

#60 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

Okay, I'm sold.