Bioshock Infinite Announced

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#151 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Totally spaced that I had the Industrial Revolution code emailed to me long ago from amazon. Finally redeemed it today :wall:

Can't wait for this to come out. Amazon sadly has no release date shipping for the songbird edition :cry:. Thankfully though my best friend is letting me play his copy until I get mine since he is still playing God of War Ascension. :)

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#152 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

With games like this, I avoid trailers, clips, and essentially any specific info. I can't wait to experience this game next week.

Hopefully Amazon gets my Songbird edition on release date, even though it seems scheduled for 2 Day delivery.

#153 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Totally spaced that I had the Industrial Revolution code emailed to me long ago from amazon. Finally redeemed it today :wall:

Can't wait for this to come out. Amazon sadly has no release date shipping for the songbird edition :cry:. Thankfully though my best friend is letting me play his copy until I get mine since he is still playing God of War Ascension. :)

Well technically Amazon doesn't have "release date shipping" anymore. I know with Prime, you select 2 day shipping and it arrives release day. I don't know about non-prime people.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#154 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Jim Sterling of Destructoid hinted he was giving Infinite a 10. So excited.

#155 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

If anyone wants to quickly do the Industrial Revolution Puzzle, here is a guide with all the solutions:

BioShock Infinite Industrial Revolution Puzzle Solutions
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#156 klwillis45

klwillis45

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

If anyone wants to quickly do the Industrial Revolution Puzzle, here is a guide with all the solutions:

BioShock Infinite Industrial Revolution Puzzle Solutions

Keep in mind that the rewards past the first, easy part aren't really worth much effort.

Edited by klwillis45, 23 March 2013 - 12:57 PM.
added link

Posted Image

#157 bigdsinferno

bigdsinferno

unicorns are kick ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Can someone tell me why I'd want the ultimate songbird edition over the premium? I have both preordered but I'm really not seeing the added 70 dollar value here.
Posted Image

#158 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Sorry I am sure this has been answered numerous times but I will ask anyway.

Can I pick this game up and play it as a stand alone title or will I be lost because I didn't play the first two games yet?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#159 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Can I pick this game up and play it as a stand alone title or will I be lost because I didn't play the first two games yet?

Barring some surprise twist, there's no story connection to the other BioShock games.

#160 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Any other reviews floating around other than IGN?

Where is everyone making their purchase, I opted to go with Best Buy since I have $45 in certificates to use

#161 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

IGN has the only review out because of the embargo.

So according to Amazon CS, they won't get the premium editions early enough to ship them for release date arrival

Edited by slickkill77, 24 March 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#162 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

High reviews all across the board

#163 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

High reviews all across the board

Came to post this. Some very high scores so far. Excited for Wednesday (when I'll actually be able to play it). Was thinking about calling in to work tomorrow lol but I better not..

#164 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Fuck yeah! 95+ across 20 reviews. Some dude gave it an 8 dragging it down. :) I have not been buying new games lately but I will gladly pay my $80 tomorrow for my limited edition.

#165 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Tha rare occurrence where a game is constantly delayed and comes out good.

#166 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Irrational Games did it again. I watched the Revision 3 review and wow. The amount of time they put in the world alone is incredible. Can't wait.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#167 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Launch Trailer...cannot wait.

Ha! I just notice they changed the beginning to "The Highest Rated Game of the Year". That is some fast working there.

#168 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Irrational Games did it again. I watched the Revision 3 review and wow. The amount of time they put in the world alone is incredible. Can't wait.

That was quite a review. Sessler seemed really passionate about how great the game is. I was kind of surprised that he didn't just flat out call it the best game ever made at the end of the review.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#169 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Any differences between the PS3 and 360 version? I went with the 360 since I like the controller better, but I always want the "best" version, which is subjective.

#170 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Looks like Amazon is prepping my songbird edition for shipping! :)

#171 zyk

zyk

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

holy crap this game got high reviews...

#172 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Any differences between the PS3 and 360 version? I went with the 360 since I like the controller better, but I always want the "best" version, which is subjective.

Won't know until other sites do comparisons later in the week but the PS3 version has Bioshock 1 on the disc.

#173 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Looks like Amazon is prepping my songbird edition for shipping! :)

Mine's Shipping Soon as well. Really hope it doesn't take too long. I was presented with Two Day Shipping as the only release day promise. Hoping it holds up.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#174 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Mine's Shipping Soon as well. Really hope it doesn't take too long. I was presented with Two Day Shipping as the only release day promise. Hoping it holds up.

If you read the customer discussions on the bottom of the premium/song bird edition pages on Amazon, many people said they contacted Amazon about that, and Amazon said that they would not be getting their shipments in early enough to make release date shipping with the premium or song bird editions. I guess in theory if they got them this morning and already shipped out the 1 day shipping packages then maybe those people will get them, but I'm guessing people with 2 day shipping will get it Wednesday or Thursday. The normal editions of the game had shipping that would get the game to you by Tuesday if you noticed, but not the other two.

I had a premium edition on Amazon but I ended up canceling and ordering a songbird edition from Irrational games on Sunday. It shipped out a few minutes ago so I'll probably get it Wednesday.

From what I've seen its pretty much PC > 360/PS3 for graphics but otherwise no difference has really been mentioned. I'm going with the 360 because of the controller and its just my preferred console

And Amazon has the songbird edition in stock again....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Apparently someone in the collectors edition thread is receiving their sb edition from Amazon tomorrow so there may be hope for you guys

Edited by slickkill77, 25 March 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#175 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Glad I stopped by GameStop today to pick up Batman:AC GOTY. I was planning on doing the buy the game, guide and season pass and get $20 off. I asked the guy if they had plenty of guides in stock and he said nope not with the deal. He checked and there were only a few left I guess. Maybe he was putting my on but I am pretty sure he was not since I started by saying I wanted to do the deal. It is not a bad deal. The guide (SE) is $21.99 but with a PUR card you get 20% off when you buy guides and game together so the guide is $17.59 + $19.99 for the Season Pass - $20 for the promo making the Season pass essentially $17.58. I got the Premium edition. Normally I am not big on collectibles but that keychain needs to be mine. The handyman game piece is also a little smaller than I expected. Might end up trying to sell the art book and lithograph to make back the $20.

#176 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Glad I stopped by GameStop today to pick up Batman:AC GOTY. I was planning on doing the buy the game, guide and season pass and get $20 off. I asked the guy if they had plenty of guides in stock and he said nope not with the deal. He checked and there were only a few left I guess. Maybe he was putting my on but I am pretty sure he was not since I started by saying I wanted to do the deal. It is not a bad deal. The guide (SE) is $21.99 but with a PUR card you get 20% off when you buy guides and game together so the guide is $17.59 + $19.99 for the Season Pass - $20 for the promo making the Season pass essentially $17.58. I got the Premium edition. Normally I am not big on collectibles but that keychain needs to be mine. The handyman game piece is also a little smaller than I expected. Might end up trying to sell the art book and lithograph to make back the $20.

why didn't you purchase the songbird editions? It seems you are a big fan of the series

#177 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

why didn't you purchase the songbird editions? It seems you are a big fan of the series

I am definitely a fan but I have never been into collectibles much. The statue is pretty nice but I could not justify the extra $70 just for the statue. I am a pretty big cheap ass so even spending almost $100 is big for me. :lol:

I plan on doing the same for The Last of Us because the Survival Edition has a full size artbook for $20 more and I see value in that I guess.

Otherwise, I usually nickel and dime my way to cheap games.

#178 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

I am definitely a fan but I have never been into collectibles much. The statue is pretty nice but I could not justify the extra $70 just for the statue. I am a pretty big cheap ass so even spending almost $100 is big for me. :lol:

I plan on doing the same for The Last of Us because the Survival Edition has a full size artbook for $20 more and I see value in that I guess.

Otherwise, I usually nickel and dime my way to cheap games.

I see, so you are more of the IATCG type of cag, then the Coofucious type of cag. lol

#179 matto1233

matto1233

frooooom chicagooo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

Has anyone preordered from the microsoft store before? Does the game come on release day?

#180 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

Just got back from my midnight at GS. There were about 50-60 people. In and out fast. Two things that were disappointing.

1. Since I pre-ordered so long ago I never received my Industrial Revolution code and it did not show up on my final receipt. GS employee said there was nothing really he could do since the register does those things automatically.

2. The $20 off for getting the game, guide and pass worked great but I only ended up with a free guide and nothing else off of the pass. I guess the $20 and the 20% discount only apply to the guide and since the SE guide was $21.99 it could only discount a max of $21.99. IF there was a LE guide available then it would have only cost $9.52 since it would have been 0.20 x $36.99-$20.

The funniest thing about the pick up was the guy in front of me was getting the PS3 copy of the new Army of Two. I forgot it was even releasing today.