Bioshock Infinite Announced

• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#211 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

I love how Elizabeth throws you ammo and health during fights. Who'd have thought, the solution to making an AI companion feel useful, is to make them actually useful.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#212 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

I love how Elizabeth throws you ammo and health during fights. Who'd have thought, the solution to making an AI companion feel useful, is to make them actually useful.

Haha I know right, this is actually the total opposite of the AI companion in RE5. Ah what ya gonna do, Eastern/Western developers.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#213 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Finished it on im normal about 10 hours. Pretty good game with ending that makes you go damn. Also there is a playable scene AFTER the credits roll. Just to make think about the ending again. ;)

Best Redbox $2 rental so far. 29/50 achievements, I'm not a whore...

#214 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Undisputed game of the year. 12 out of 10. I owe Levine an apology for ever doubting him, but I have a Hard Melee playthrough to start so...

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#215 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm jealous that you guys are already finishing. :lol: Stupid work.

#216 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Take your time, smell the roses! Then again I don't have it as a rental lol so I understand.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3

#217 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'm jealous that you guys are already finishing. :lol: Stupid work.

I'm not jealous; I plan on taking my own sweet time and enjoying every minute of it. I'm a few hours in, and absolutely loving it. I'm in no rush to finish at all. But I know what you mean about stupid work. :headache:
Posted Image

#218 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Oh yeah, I'm planning to take my time through the game and see all the sights. I just wish I had more time each day to play. :)

#219 dennisb407

dennisb407

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Anyone know if the preorder weapons are unlockable in the game or are they really "exclusive"

#220 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

The first handyman encounter on hard...holy mother of god that was hard

I didn't think any game could top Far Cry 3 that I would play this year, but I was wrong.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#221 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

The first handyman encounter on hard...holy mother of god that was hard

I didn't think any game could top Far Cry 3 that I would play this year, but I was wrong.

Handymen are pure badass. Amazing AI at work. Game has amazing psychedelic levels.
Spoiler

Loving the
Spoiler
ending.

#222 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

So for those looking for a contrarian opinion here is by far the worst review of the game, a 3/5. I did not read it because I am not risking any spoilers but it seems to be spoiler free. Same guy has given 5/5 to SSX, Borderlands 2 and Assassin's Creed 3.

http://www.quarterto...-in-a-nutshell/

Anyone willing to read and comment on its validity without spoilers I would be interested.

#223 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

The police have wonderfully bullet-proof faces in Columbia.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#224 dennisb407

dennisb407

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

So for those looking for a contrarian opinion here is by far the worst review of the game, a 3/5. I did not read it because I am not risking any spoilers but it seems to be spoiler free. Same guy has given 5/5 to SSX, Borderlands 2 and Assassin's Creed 3.

http://www.quarterto...-in-a-nutshell/

Anyone willing to read and comment on its validity without spoilers I would be interested.

You ever get your Industrial code?

#225 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

I just saw this game running on a PS3 next to God of War: Ascension and it really looked bad in comparison. I may have to wait and play this on PC or the eventual PS4 port like the snob I am. It looked like a TON of fun though.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#226 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

I just saw this game running on a PS3 next to God of War: Ascension and it really looked bad in comparison. I may have to wait and play this on PC or the eventual PS4 port like the snob I am. It looked like a TON of fun though.

Even on the PC, the graphics are more good in a stylized way, not in a sheer graphically impressive way.

#227 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

I'm playing this game on ps3 so I'm not sure if its the same as other platforms. But this game seems to be very bright and bloomy. It reminds me of the issue dishonored had with being washed out on normal brightness. But if I turn the brightness down in Bioshock the dark areas are too dark. It may be just me, and I'm getting used to it, but sometimes it bugs me really bad. So, I was just wondering if anyone else felt this way as well.

#228 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

I'm playing this game on ps3 so I'm not sure if its the same as other platforms. But this game seems to be very bright and bloomy. It reminds me of the issue dishonored had with being washed out on normal brightness. But if I turn the brightness down in Bioshock the dark areas are too dark. It may be just me, and I'm getting used to it, but sometimes it bugs me really bad. So, I was just wondering if anyone else felt this way as well.

It looks great to me. Maybe your tv is focked

#229 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

Even on the PC, the graphics are more good in a stylized way, not in a sheer graphically impressive way.

That's fine - I like the art style. The problem I saw with the PS3 version was the muddy textures - they get really pixelated up close. Honestly, the original Bioshock looked better, IMO.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#230 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Beat it, Raptr said about 12 hours, I took a sick day yesterday so... yeah. Amazing game, sad to see it over and that's all I could think about while it ramped up to the end- oh man this is gonna be over soon.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#231 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

That's fine - I like the art style. The problem I saw with the PS3 version was the muddy textures - they get really pixelated up close. Honestly, the original Bioshock looked better, IMO.

http://steamcommunit...ad/screenshots/

I took a couple of screenshots of the game. That is taken with settings on Ultra at 1440p. The game doesn't look bad. It just lacks the visual punch of a lot of newer games.

Posted Image

#232 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Well what I tell all of my PC gamer friends. I don't give a shit but I'm not gonna preach to you about graphics. Really if you're talking about the lack of visual punch with this game you've clearly looked at the game as a whole the wrong way. The art style and visual flair of this game is amazing, the combat, the story, the character progression, etc are vastly excellent especially when compared side by side to a mediocre title of this generation.
If you're still on the fence, take a look at Adam Sessler's review.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#233 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Just finished the game, The story was good until about halfway through when
Spoiler
. Every thing else was great and the story was even beginning to redeem itself until the last 2 hours.
Spoiler
Non spoiler complaint: The made the city a place that you would want to explore and interact with, but after the first hour the only exploring is to find power ups and most of the interaction involves shooting people in the face.

Anyone else enjoy the way that melee guys committed suicide?

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#234 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

PS3 first party titles will make any game look bad.

#235 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Just finished the game, The story was good until about halfway through when

Spoiler
. Every thing else was great and the story was even beginning to redeem itself until the last 2 hours.
Spoiler
Non spoiler complaint: The made the city a place that you would want to explore and interact with, but after the first hour the only exploring is to find power ups and most of the interaction involves shooting people in the face.

Anyone else enjoy the way that melee guys committed suicide?

The more I play the more I agree with this. The first 3 or 4 hours are great with the closed in areas and high levels of detail. As I'm getting to the large arena type battles with the skylines, I'm liking the combat less and less.

#236 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

The more I play the more I agree with this. The first 3 or 4 hours are great with the closed in areas and high levels of detail. As I'm getting to the large arena type battles with the skylines, I'm liking the combat less and less.

Wow I was the total opposite, these big open arena type battles with skylines was really where the combat system evolved and felt fresh to me. The amount of freedom and options available to you almost becomes too much when you're getting shot at or worse being pursued by something. These will also be played very differently on my 2nd playthrough, I'm already running through the variety of options in my head on how I'll tackle it next time - things I've thought when playing Far Cry 3 and Crysis 2.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#237 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Wow I was the total opposite, these big open arena type battles with skylines was really where the combat system evolved and felt fresh to me. The amount of freedom and options available to you almost becomes too much when you're getting shot at or worse being pursued by something. These will also be played very differently on my 2nd playthrough, I'm already running through the variety of options in my head on how I'll tackle it next time - things I've thought when playing Far Cry 3 and Crysis 2.

That's sorta how I feel, too much. Zipping around the skylines is really disorienting and most of the time I find myself getting shot more that I get a chance to get the jump on enemies. I'm having much less problems just hanging back and picking guys off with the carbine.

Also, it seems like in almost everyone one of these encounters, one of the enemies gets lost in some obscure corner or caught on the geometry and I have to spend a few minutes trying to find him to move on.

#238 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

As someone who carried and upgraded the sniper rifle probably 45% of the game I can understand sitting back. I really like the fact that you have a shield. At first I was like oh wow we have a shield now but when facing off against enemies or turrets that know where you are I bet it was frustrating in the early play testing phase at Irrational Games. One thing I got used to and what I'll absolutely implement with my tactics for playthrough 2 is jumping from a skyline onto enemies, shooting/using abilities some, then jumping back onto the skyline. Guerrilla tactics! Throw in some upgrades that work with that tactic and ohh man I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#239 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

The sniper rifle is beast in this game. My go-to loadout has been any two of Founder Carbine/Bird's Eye sniper rifle/Vox Repeater, with Possession and Devil's Kiss equipped for vigors. The Repeater is a huge improvement over the Founder machine gun, which was so inaccurate I found it basically worthless.

#240 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Since nobody is apparently playing this on the PS3, I'm gonna hang out here.

I haven't gotten far, but Ken Levine had to have made some kind of deal with the devil. I seriously doubted this game could draw me in like BioShock did because it was so much brighter, more colorful and there's a "live" world with NPCs everywhere, but I've found myself deeply engrossed into Columbia.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║