NHL 11 - $51 shipped with coupon code

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

If anyone is looking for something cheap to get you up to free shipping status, there's an XL Sam Bradford Heisman Trophy shirt, or an NBA All-Star game in New Orleans shirt, or a couple March Madness/Final Four shirts from last year. All for $4.97 each.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#32 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

some cheap stuff:

ball pump (2.99, so you would need to get two)
http://www.sportsaut...oductId=1210890

baseball (4.99)
http://www.sportsaut...roductId=967739

6-pack of ping-pong balls (4.99)
http://www.sportsaut...oductId=3992440

#33 wolfwood78

wolfwood78

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

Question if i order a extra item will it charge me full price now since 1 item will ship right away and the other next month? I never ordered here and i could use the funds right now if they charge the full amount of order.

I ordered the game and a t-shirt (not a cheapy) and they indeed charged the full price.

#34 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:43 PM

I ordered the game and a t-shirt (not a cheapy) and they indeed charged the full price.

WOW i am happy i did not order it. I had to pay some bills and that would of made a problem for me. I thought the newegg 57 deal was way better cause you get free ups 3 day gur shipping. The total with a free item on Sports Auth came to like 54-55 around. I rather pay 2 bucks more to get ups 3 days and not wait 1-2 weeks to get it from Sports Auth. You got to remember they list the shipping time to be about a week then you got to wait for processing. This post here and many other forums i bet will make it slow processing. So IMO i think the newegg is the way better deal. They usually ship the day it is out or earlier so it comes by release date. Then you know newegg can handle a big load of a single item order so processing speeds are super fast. I can not wait to get this game!

Now if GS had a sale for getting it on release date or 1 day i would go get that. The free baur boost pack is cheesy i prefer to grind my stuff to unlock them. But i bet they are unique look you can not unlock in the full game??

#35 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:56 PM

NHL 10 is still 35 used.

It took like 7 months for NHL to price drop $10.

Very true. I just bought NHL 10 off eBay last month for $30. There's a great user community for NHL 10 (and the entire NHL series), especially for the PS3, as Sony makes it easy to install user created rosters. I've been playing NHL 10 featuring Taylor Hall, Seguin, and more for 3 weeks now.

#36 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:41 AM

Better watch out with the Thrasher trashing. In the weak Eastern Conference, with all their upgrades, they're almost a lock for the playoffs. They just barely missed out last year.

On topic, I love the NHL games. Easily worth full price, and I almost never say that about anything. If only they could fix all of the glitches.

Are you serious? If they finish higher than 10th Ill be shocked.

#37 TekJansen

TekJansen

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:57 AM

Are you serious? If they finish higher than 10th Ill be shocked.

They finished tenth this year, and that's with Bogo playing like garbage due to the wrist injury. They even played better without Kovy. The East is incredibly weak and they added Buff, Ladd, Mason, Eager, Sopel and more.

Sure, Washington, New Jersey and Pitt are locks for the playoffs, but no one else is. Bruins have a good chance. Sens goaltending is terrible. Sabres are worse on D this year, anything less than another stellar year from Miller and they could be out. Canadiens are placing all their hope in Price, that could backfire. Flyers might be great, or they could stink it up, Rangers too. Wouldn't be surprised at all if ATL and Tampa Bay make the playoffs next year. Hell, I wouldn't be that surprised if Toronto did. The East is wide open.

Edited by TekJansen, 16 August 2010 - 04:23 AM.

#38 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

Sure, Washington, New Jersey and Pitt are locks for the playoffs, but no one else is.

Detroit isn't? They've got to the playoffs like 19 times in a row. I know they can't keep it up forever but really it's not really right to count them out imo.

#39 TekJansen

TekJansen

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:28 AM

Detroit isn't? They've got to the playoffs like 19 times in a row. I know they can't keep it up forever but really it's not really right to count them out imo.

Wings are in the West, I'm talking East.

#40 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:32 AM

Wings are in the West, I'm talking East.

Oh okay my bad lol :-#

#41 Infinite Jest

Infinite Jest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:38 AM

People. No one is gonna get the best of TekJansen in an NHL debate. Therefore, you might as well give it up, he is the hockey god.

#42 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:57 AM

They finished tenth this year, and that's with Bogo playing like garbage due to the wrist injury. They even played better without Kovy. The East is incredibly weak and they added Buff, Ladd, Mason, Eager, Sopel and more.

Sure, Washington, New Jersey and Pitt are locks for the playoffs, but no one else is. Bruins have a good chance. Sens goaltending is terrible. Sabres are worse on D this year, anything less than another stellar year from Miller and they could be out. Canadiens are placing all their hope in Price, that could backfire. Flyers might be great, or they could stink it up, Rangers too. Wouldn't be surprised at all if ATL and Tampa Bay make the playoffs next year. Hell, I wouldn't be that surprised if Toronto did. The East is wide open.

Give me the Thrashers top 2 lines. And they need to solidify goaltending.

After Kovalchuk left they became a bit more of a team but I dont see them having the legs. I like what Burke is building in Toronto but the Leafs are still a year or two away.

#43 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:06 AM

All I know is the Preds will be another playoff place holder team. lol

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#44 ploppsdman

ploppsdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:19 AM

Atlanta is perennially "better." I can see them finishing in the top 8 just as easily as I can see them finishing out of the playoffs again. The question is, how will Pavelec do? If he's not healthy again, how will Mason do? How will these guys perform in front of 8 thousand people? What will Buff and Ladd do away from Chicago, where, incidentally, they didn't do that well point wise during the regular season? And when your go to guy is Nik Antropov, you've got problems. They lost Afinogovev, who produced, so I don't know where they'll get their offense from. I think they are pinning too much on Evander Kane next year and I also think trading Morin was a HUGE mistake. Chicago did extremely well getting that kid.

And Tampa should make the playoffs when you've got Stamkos, St. Pierre, Lecavalier, etc.. But will Mike Smith be OK?

As you say, the bottom half of the east is wide open. I was surprised Montreal made it last season with the crap they have.

#45 ploppsdman

ploppsdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

All I know is the Preds will be another playoff place holder team. lol

The predators outplayed the Blackhawks in round 1. Chicago was lucky to win that series, and I mean that in every sense. They scored a shorthanded goal with a few seconds left to tie, game 3, I think it was? Nashville is an extremely well coached team. If they could get a scorer like Radulov back, they could be top 6 in the West.

#46 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

The predators outplayed the Blackhawks in round 1. Chicago was lucky to win that series, and I mean that in every sense. They scored a shorthanded goal with a few seconds left to tie, game 3, I think it was? Nashville is an extremely well coached team. If they could get a scorer like Radulov back, they could be top 6 in the West.

I'm a preds fan (went to undergrad in Nashville during the lean years) - they're sort of like the Devils West but with weaker goaltending. They'll be a perennial playoff 5-8 seed, and I'm praying we get Rads back next year :).

#47 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

This will be my first year buying an NHL game for the PS3 instead of 360. Any noticeable differences?

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#48 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

I don't know how bad NHL 10 PS3 was but if it was as bad as the demo (I think it was the demo or maybe it was 09) it will suck on PS3.

Trade List

#49 au7oma7ic

au7oma7ic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

um, VipFREAK if you thought NHL10 was bad than ice hockey video games must not be for you. I will rank NHL10 (yes, a sports game) as my top 5 games of all time, hell, maybe even top 3. The replayability on it is beastly, and with the ultimate hockey league I can see myself devoting the next year of my life to 11.

Hopefully NHL11 will stop me from adding to my massive massive backlog.

Wooo

#50 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

I completely agree. I dont know how anyone could say a bad thing about NHL 10. Even people I know who hate hockey loved it.

As a diehard hockey fan it was perfect. and sadly I will agree with a Leafs fan but it was one of the best games of all time... and yes I mean up there on my list with games like Doom, Ninja Gaiden 2, Sonic 2, Mario 3, Shenmue, Half Life etc

#51 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

Uh... Demo... uh... PS3 version... No where did I say the actual game.

Trade List

#52 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

Awesome can't wait to see the ratings of players like Leino and Giroux.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#53 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

No offense but why not take the 1 1/2 page of hockey talk to another forum. This is a single deal thread and nothing in the last 1 1/2 pages talk about it.... BTW i love the nhl community they whine to much and give me bad ratings cause i tend to check them all the time and get away with most. :)

#54 dizee

dizee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

I completely agree. I dont know how anyone could say a bad thing about NHL 10. Even people I know who hate hockey loved it.

As a diehard hockey fan it was perfect. and sadly I will agree with a Leafs fan but it was one of the best games of all time... and yes I mean up there on my list with games like Doom, Ninja Gaiden 2, Sonic 2, Mario 3, Shenmue, Half Life etc

i could say plenty of bad things about it

same glitches from 08 that have still not been fixed (resetting faceoff glitch, mics constantly go choppy for no reason, same wrist shot glitches that are abused online unless you have a player goalie, terrible ai that will NEVER carry the puck in by themselves, cant even bother using board play because I get called for holding every time)

im sure i could think of more if I still had the game.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:13 AM

Deal appears dead.