Photo
- - - - -

Amazon DOTD DS The World Ends With You, Chrono Trigger $14.99, Kingdom Hearts $17.99

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:11 AM

The World Ends With You (DS) $14.99

Chrono Trigger (DS) $14.99

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS) $17.99

#2 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:16 AM

All three of these games are great. Though I have to give top honors to TWEWY.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3 DragonQuestFan

DragonQuestFan

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:36 AM

Great deals! I already have Chrono Trigger and The World Ends With You, so I guess now is the perfect time to add Kingdom Hearts to my collection.

#4 Nostalgic Wind

Nostalgic Wind

Capcom Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:26 AM

Ordered Chrono Trigger. It's at least much better than the current PS1 version I have.

#5 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

My wallet, it weeps. :'(

#6 Magikarp830

Magikarp830

SPLASH had no effect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:52 AM

TWEWY??? I thought the combat system was TERRIBLE. I liked the game... but it was almost unplayable! I don't know WHO can fight on two screens, with two different people, with two different control schemes... ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Luckily, the game has an auto-battle for the top screen.. but still. It needs more polish and a sequel, I think. $15 is an excellent price to give it a go, if anyone is curious... just be prepared for a crazy, demigod play style! :roll:

My wallet, it weeps. :'(

Yeah...

Is the KH game any good??? I swore I wouldn't bother with any more 3D-style games (prefer side-scrollers on my DS), but this price is pretty cheap... :hot:

#7 squall211

squall211

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

Awesome. Picked up Chrono Trigger.

#8 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

TWEWY??? I thought the combat system was TERRIBLE. I liked the game... but it was almost unplayable! I don't know WHO can fight on two screens, with two different people, with two different control schemes... ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Luckily, the game has an auto-battle for the top screen.. but still. It needs more polish and a sequel, I think. $15 is an excellent price to give it a go, if anyone is curious... just be prepared for a crazy, demigod play style! :roll:

Yeah...

Is the KH game any good??? I swore I wouldn't bother with any more 3D-style games (prefer side-scrollers on my DS), but this price is pretty cheap... :hot:

I love the battle system. I found it to be one of the most unique and fun systems I've played and it makes good use of the touch screen.

#9 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

Never having played a Kingdom Hearts game, would 358/2 be a good first one to pick up?
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#10 Fonic

Fonic

Link to the Present

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

Already own Chrono and TWEWY. Kingdom Hearts is tempting at that price but with Ys Seven coming out tomorrow I think I'll pass.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

TWEWY is amazing. Highly recommended, especially at this price.

#12 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

If you're paying a lot of attention to the top screen, you're doing it wrong.

#13 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Tempted to get Chrono Trigger, but I'm going to pass. Just too many games in the backlog already.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#14 GilmooDaddy

GilmooDaddy

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Yeah...

I completely agree. The idea was awesome, the music is amazing, and everything looks superb, but playing it was just ridiculous. I could never get the hang of it, it was just too much.
Posted Image

#15 Brenex

Brenex

Cobra Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

This exactly.
Posted Image

#16 AgentRed1

AgentRed1

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:26 PM

Picked up Chrono Trigger.

Hubbagames has it for $12.57 fulfilled by Amazon.

#17 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

Never having played a Kingdom Hearts game, would 358/2 be a good first one to pick up?

It has ALOT of references/flashbacks to KH1/CoM in it, so you're going to be completely lost if you're paying attention to the story.

#18 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

Tempted to get Chrono Trigger, but I'm going to pass. Just too many games in the backlog already.

Same here. However, one of my secret gaming shames is that I have never played Chrono Trigger, so I'm very tempted to bite on this.
Posted Image

#19 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

Already own Chrono and TWEWY. Kingdom Hearts is tempting at that price but with Ys Seven coming out tomorrow I think I'll pass.

I've been seeing a lot of people lately who are excited about that Ys Seven game. I just got a PSP last week, and I enjoy RPGs, so I was thinking about grabbing it. Any thoughts?
Posted Image

#20 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

I'm STILL waiting on my copy of the DS Kingdom Hearts which shipped on July 22 from Gamestop...I guess it's the postal system's fault, since they list it as leaving one of their facilities, and nothing since then...for almost a month now. :mad:

No, I think it would be the absolute worst one to start with, for a variety of reasons. I mean (aside from the GBA one, which I really liked) it's trying to recreate something on Playstation 1 class hardware where all the other entries are on the PS2/PSP, it recycles stuff (or tries to) from the earlier games, etc.

I didn't like the gameplay in the original, so personally I'd say start with 2 on the PS2, or Birth by Sleep on the PSP (which comes out soon and is a prequel, I think).

This is why I still haven't gotten it. I don't like touch screen controls, and this whole thing sounds clunky/bad to me. I don't know...I guess I finally try a copy? DAMN, what sucks is I'm scared to buy anything else from Gamestop until my freaking package from last month gets here.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#21 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

Regarding Kingdom Hearts, I forgot to mention, even KH 2 on the PS2 isn't exactly GOOD, just potentially enjoyable. Gary Whitta called it something like "really good schlock", which is perfect.

The story is weird and may strain you even if you like the Final Fantasy games, but you may also find it compelling. The gameplay if functional and not too hard in 2 (1's broken IMO) but it's also just button mashing.

The cameos and whatnot are gratuitous, but that doesn't stop them from being fun if you at least somewhat enjoy Disney and Square stuff.

I don't know, I say it's worth trying one if you're interested in the concept, but I think starting with either 2 or Birth by Sleep (PSP) is probably the way to go...or possibly 1, but I couldn't stomach more than a couple of hours with the first one.

In terms of gameplay, I actually liked the GBA one best...it's 2D and I just felt like it works better and was more interesting. I narrowly like KH2 better because while I don't think it's as fun to play, I liked the story a lot better, so it just edges it out. There's also a PS2 remake of the GBA game, but personally I'd avoid that as it rips apart the fun battle system in the GBA one making in 3D and more like the 2...which is to say, worse.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#22 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

Fyi, just ordered a copy of Chrono Trigger and it was even cheaper fulfilled from Hubbagames, only 12.57 and free shipping with prime.

#23 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

The two Kingdom Hearts spin-offs are horrible compared to KH1 and 2 , I would definitely start with KH1 if you wanted to get into the series then pick up KH2 if you really liked it. Plus the DS KH is in between 1 and 2 so it would be pretty confusing.

Also Chrono Trigger is a classy classic and a must have at that price.
Posted Image

#24 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

Deals are good, but I already have all 3.

Do want y's seven.

#25 Takeda Kenshi

Takeda Kenshi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Deals are good, but I already have all 3.

Do want y's seven.

Ys 7.

Yes I'm anal about it.

Chrono Trigger is a steal at that price. I paid 34.99 for it, and it's the 3rd time I bought it. Definitely better than the PS1 version and its ridiculous loading times. The definitive version.

#26 dank

dank

for your health

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

nice deal. 45.55 for all 3 shipped.

#27 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

HAHA I have waited for Chrono Trigger ever since it came out. I just bid on it on ebay for the first time about 1 minute ago. Still 4 hours left hope I loose. Would rather have a new copy. Murphys law anyone?
Posted Image

#28 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

Ys 7.

Yes I'm anal about it.

Chrono Trigger is a steal at that price. I paid 34.99 for it, and it's the 3rd time I bought it. Definitely better than the PS1 version and its ridiculous loading times. The definitive version.

I beat CT on the Ps1, sorry didn't feel like shelling out huge money for a SNES cart and it was before the DS port was announced, and I did not find the load times that bad. Sure they were bad, but not terrible like everybody is mentioning.

Either way, in for 1 copy of Chrono Trigger. Like I said, they were bad, just not unplayable bad.

Posted Image

#29 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

I am a bad gamer because I have owned a DS for quite a while now and have never played TWEWY.

I also have been playing video games since NES and have never played Chrono Trigger.

I need to start hammering out games on my DS again i guess

#30 Hiro0015

Hiro0015

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Great deal on TWEWY. Well worth the money. One of my favorite DS games.