Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands (PC) $10, DLC Packs $3 on Steam

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Save 66% on everything Borderlands on Steam. A single copy of the game is $10.19, a four pack is $30.58 and DLC packs are $3.33 each.

:pc: Borderlands sale on Steam

Mod edit:
Trading thread for 4-packs: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=239381

Edited by shrike4242, 19 August 2010 - 12:13 AM.

#2 Masume

Masume

Adama's XO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up, it's not listed on Steams main store page. Been waiting for the DLC to drop again since I picked up BL on the summer sale and ended up loving it.

Edit: Haha, apparently it is now. Wasn't earlier this morning, go figure. :P
See my trade and sale list!

"There's just some things you just don't do Colonel, not even in war..."

Posted Image

#3 kezzthefall

kezzthefall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:40 PM

Was just about to post this. Glad to see it already here :)

#4 dallascowboys

dallascowboys

How'BoutThemCowboys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

Man, I would get Mad Moxxi or Dr. Ned if they didn't have the 5 machine activation limit. I hope atleast that the new claptrap one is like General Knoxx, drm-wise.

#5 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

Man, I would get Mad Moxxi or Dr. Ned if they didn't have the 5 machine activation limit. I hope atleast that the new claptrap one is like General Knoxx, drm-wise.

I think that is at one time activations, not in your lifetime. That would be very stupid if it was lifetime, I think they mean 5 activations at once meaning if you try installing it on a sixth computer it'll say you can't until you remove it from another.

#6 aosora13

aosora13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

Anyone, I was wondering beyond General Knoxx which other DLC is worth getting for Borderlands?

#7 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Anyone, I was wondering beyond General Knoxx which other DLC is worth getting for Borderlands?

Is general knoxx the best one to get if you can only get 1?

#8 rayne117

rayne117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

I would say the Zombie one over the Mad Moxxi or whatever it is. My friends have all said the Mad Moxxi one is really annoying/boring. Just a few peoples opinions. Never played any myself.

Exactly! We're not only cheap gamers, we're also asses.

"Good enough for me," I say; Life's too short to dwell on $5.

#9 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

General Knoxx > Zombie Island > Mad Moxxi

For this price I'd say get all three, but man, the Underdome Riot is mostly the opposite of fun.
76561197996844513.png

#10 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

i bought the main game from the store and i dont remember it using STEAM. if i order the expansions from steam, can i still play them?

#11 derekg52

derekg52

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

In for general knoxx, undecided about the other 2 DLC.

#12 cowwithoutbrain

cowwithoutbrain

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:32 PM

For this price I'd say get all three, but man, the Underdome Riot is mostly the opposite of fun.

I would agree with the purchase order. The one thing Mad Moxxi has going for it is the storage bank, though I haven't finished all the quests there. The arenas can be challenging, but are nothing compared to the content in the other DLCs.

#13 Ch33pSh33p

Ch33pSh33p

Cheap is <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

At $10 Borderlands is a steal, definitely going to get the DLC now.

"The cops are here, sucks for them." - Trevor (GTA V)

Gaming Blog | Free games & gift cards! | gaming forum

#14 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

My memory is that you can't use Steam DLC for non-Steam purchased Borderlands. Sucks really because I want some of those DLC :(

#15 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

Decided to get General Knoxx as well as the full game. The full game is there but the DLC didn't appear on my library list. Just wondering if that is normal with DLC on steam. Never gotten any before. I assume it will install along with the game. Am I correct?

Game + General Knoxx = $11.04 Cant argue with that :)

#16 aosora13

aosora13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Everyone, Thank you for the responses. I am glad though I waited for a bargin on Steam. It seems like they have good sales on interesting games that I want to buy.

#17 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

Got a copy on xbox with all the dlc, but for $20.xx i'm going to get borderlands + dlc for my pc too!

#18 Trelow

Trelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Decided to get General Knoxx as well as the full game. The full game is there but the DLC didn't appear on my library list. Just wondering if that is normal with DLC on steam. Never gotten any before. I assume it will install along with the game. Am I correct?

Game + General Knoxx = $11.04 Cant argue with that :)

Yes.

#19 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

Agreed. Moxxi is only good for the extra skill points and the bank if you like to hoard guns.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#20 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

Picked this up during that last very recent Steam sale. Very fun game, even single player.

Let me strongly urge the cheap-o's to pick up Moxxi for the storage bank. This game is all about loot, and your character can carry precious few items. In some areas, you will pick up incredibly sweet weapons that are above your current level. And if you don't have the storage bank, you are forced to either sell the weapon or carry it until you level up, wasting a precious item slot (which costs you $$$$ and opportunities).

I haven't played the various DLC's yet, so I can't comment on their content.

#21 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Does "Requires the base game Borderlands on Steam in order to play" mean you have to have the Steam version of Borderlands or does it mean you can register your disc-based version of Borderlands with Steam?

#22 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

Does "Requires the base game Borderlands on Steam in order to play" mean you have to have the Steam version of Borderlands or does it mean you can register your disc-based version of Borderlands with Steam?

it says Borderlands on Steam. You need to have Borderlands on Steam, just like it says.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Ahh what the heck. I've tried using both my cards that are active and it keeps denying the payment!

I just used one hours ago for another online purchase, this is so weird! I've been waiting for a deal for this game for so long, and now I'm being denied right at the front door!!!

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#24 Inferno-X

Inferno-X

DON'T TOUCH ME!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

Don't buy Moxxi, it isn't worth three cents muchless several dollars. Ugh. Otherwise a great deal for the other stuff.
Posted Image

#25 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

Snagged this and Knoxx a month or so ago on the Summer sale. Very tempted to get the other two DLC's to be a completest.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 thetruelokre

thetruelokre

Secretly three gophers in a human costume

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:15 PM

picked all these up in the summer sale, it's really an amazing price for all the dlc and the main game

i think the zombie expansion is my fave at this point though, shame the claptrap exp isn't out yet =/

#27 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

I'm just going to wait for the eventual Borderlands Complete Edition or whatever. I want all the DLC (I actually like Mad Moxxi), but I just can't buy anything with activation requirements.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

Does anyone know if General Knoxx largely requires group play? I thought I heard awhile back that both Moxi and General Knoxx are pretty much impossible playing solo.
When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
Id rather be hated for what I am then loved for what I am not - The Miz

#29 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

So, will the DLC start downloading after the game is done?
Posted Image

#30 Reimu

Reimu

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

Does anyone know if General Knoxx largely requires group play? I thought I heard awhile back that both Moxi and General Knoxx are pretty much impossible playing solo.

The only part I think you would need a group is the first time you try to take on the super-boss. The rest of the DLC is doable solo.