Borderlands (PC) $10, DLC Packs $3 on Steam

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

I managed to lose my second play through character when doing a fresh Windows 7 install. I somehow backed up everything but Borderlands...... With all the DLC for this price, I guess I'll give it another go and the upcoming DLC is sounding awesome.
Spoiler

#32 Reimu

Reimu

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

This!

I want to buy one DLC pack too.. can anyone recommend one? :)

Knoxx definitely gives you the most value.

I would buy Knoxx first, then Zombie and you can just ignore Moxxi.

#33 JeriKu

JeriKu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

@Reimu,
Looks like Moxxi is solely for the stash upgrade. Is it worth it? :)

#34 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

Picked up the final two DLC packs I needed thanks OP.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 JeriKu

JeriKu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:09 PM

Meh, I just went ahead and bought all three. :)

#36 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

Can't go wrong with getting the whole shebang for $20!

#37 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

Meh, I just went ahead and bought all three. :)

That's what I did. Can't beat a game and all the DLC for around $18

Edit: I've never downloaded a game with DLC. The DLC isn't showing up in the queue, will it once the game is done? I won't get to play this tonight, unless my connection hits a nice spike.
Posted Image

#38 JeriKu

JeriKu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

Edit: I've never downloaded a game with DLC. The DLC isn't showing up in the queue, will it once the game is done? I won't get to play this tonight, unless my connection hits a nice spike.

Haha that's my issue as well!

The game is downloading but the DLC isn't showing up. Hopefully it will once the game is finished. :)

#39 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:14 AM

Haha that's my issue as well!

The game is downloading but the DLC isn't showing up. Hopefully it will once the game is finished. :)

Good to know, unfortunately. I figure, worst case I'll contact Valve and give them proof of purchase. But I have a feeling I'll be alright, assuming my laptop doesn't hibernate while downloading and stop the downloads.
Posted Image

#40 bobsaysblah

bobsaysblah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:35 AM

Good to know, unfortunately. I figure, worst case I'll contact Valve and give them proof of purchase. But I have a feeling I'll be alright, assuming my laptop doesn't hibernate while downloading and stop the downloads.

Steam doesn't list dlc separately. It will download automatically. Also if you go into the properties page, there's a dlc tab where it will be listed. Any time you buy dlc on steam, you won't be able to download just the game (without dlc) from that point on.

#41 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

Picked up the other two DLC's.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:22 AM

Is there any reason why I should wait and hope to get this on the 360 down the line, instead of biting on this now?

How does the game control with mouse and keyboard? How's the online community? Any DRM to worry about?

My Xbox Live is about to lapse. Given that the game sans DLC costs almost twice what it'd cost to get the whole shebang on Steam right now, the choice seems clear, but I figure it can't hurt to ask here. :)

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#43 Default09

Default09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:24 AM

Is there any reason why I should wait and hope to get this on the 360 down the line, instead of biting on this now?

How does the game control with mouse and keyboard? How's the online community? Any DRM to worry about?

My Xbox Live is about to lapse. Given that the game sans DLC costs almost twice what it'd cost to get the whole shebang on Steam right now, the choice seems clear, but I figure it can't hurt to ask here. :)

Steam definitely.

#44 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:33 AM

Whew! ALMOST bought this and then I noticed Securom on the DLC. Thanks for pointing that out Coffee. Saved me $20.

To be honest, Borderlands was pretty bleh. For $10 it wouldn't be bad but even as a co-op game it is kinda lackluster.

#45 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

Whew! ALMOST bought this and then I noticed Securom on the DLC. Thanks for pointing that out Coffee. Saved me $20.

No problem. My hope is that when the inevitable "complete" edition or whatever comes along, that it'll all be one item, and, like the current base game, SecuROM-free on Steam. I'd definitely go for it, then.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:22 AM

when does this end? i better pick it up tonight, but deciding if i should get a single pack or get a 4 pack to give some to my friends.

#47 marella152

marella152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:10 AM

I just downloaded Mad Moxxie for my PS3 version last night. It is pretty frustrating. Fun, kinda. But aggravating.

I am asking how the online multiplayer works through steam? I want to pick it up and play through the campaign with my girlfriend. She has a Mac and I have a PC. will this work?

Also, we can play just us two right? Like, set up a private game or something? I never really played online, so not sure how it will work.

Thanks guys,
Dom
Posted Image

support your video game addiction with some extra cash!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=245715

#48 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:14 AM

when does this end? i better pick it up tonight, but deciding if i should get a single pack or get a 4 pack to give some to my friends.

Thursday morning, most likely.

I am asking how the online multiplayer works through steam? I want to pick it up and play through the campaign with my girlfriend. She has a Mac and I have a PC. will this work?

Sorry, but there is no MacOS version of Borderlands.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 ninjabenja

ninjabenja

Where do I put my title?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:16 AM

thanks for the heads up on this deal!

#50 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

Just to clear it up for people, the DLC isn't a separate download, it's included with the base game files and automatically installed when you launch the game. You can check DLC that's associated with the game by right-clicking it in your Steam list once it's done downloading and selecting "View Download Content", all of the content packs that you've bought will be shown there.

#51 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

This was my first Steam DLC, and I was thrown by that popup that tells you the codes you need to activate the DLC or something like that. I thought I had to write that junk down, but the DLC ran automatically. No extra input needed.

It might not be obvious, but you'll see the DLC in-game when you get the fast travel network up and running. You can teleport to any place you've already been, but you'll notice a few locations that sound unfamiliar. Those are the DLC locations.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast:
-I'd like a 4 pack. Who's getting a 4 pack?
-I'm down with a 4 pack. Who's got one?
-Anyone else want a 4 pack?
-I want a 4 pack, but I don't want to buy it. I'll chip in for one.
-I'll get a 4 pack.
-PM'd you about that 4 pack.
-Is it too late to get in on that 4 pack?
-A 4 pack sounds really tempting.
-Just got my 4 pack.
-4 pack. 4 pack. 4 pack. 4 pack. 4 pack. 4 pack. 4 pack. 4 pack. 4 pack.

#52 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

Picked this up during that last very recent Steam sale. Very fun game, even single player.

Let me strongly urge the cheap-o's to pick up Moxxi for the storage bank. This game is all about loot, and your character can carry precious few items. In some areas, you will pick up incredibly sweet weapons that are above your current level. And if you don't have the storage bank, you are forced to either sell the weapon or carry it until you level up, wasting a precious item slot (which costs you $$$$ and opportunities).

I haven't played the various DLC's yet, so I can't comment on their content.

Yeah, if you are the type of person who loves loot you should think about getting Moxxie. Its fun for a few rounds but really the storage locker is what really makes it worth it to me. I had a blast with the Ned DLC and have almost finished the core came then I'll move on to Knoxx.

#53 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

anyone play borderlands pc with the 360 controller?

#54 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

anyone play borderlands pc with the 360 controller?

I can't imagine why someone would want to play on PC but give up a mouse and keyboard for an FPS. It doesn't take too long to get used to a mouse and keyboard if you're not already, and it is far superior.

#55 aosora13

aosora13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

I would say that getting used to FPS on PCs are fairly simple. I had a initial concern with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and it was not bad to get used to the problem of using a mouse and keyboard. I might look to play the game but I have other games right now still on my plate.

#56 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

I can't imagine why someone would want to play on PC but give up a mouse and keyboard for an FPS. It doesn't take too long to get used to a mouse and keyboard if you're not already, and it is far superior.

While I appreciate your persuasion, I still need the question answered.

I run my pc to my living room tv and I want to sit on my couch and play it like I would any 360 FPS. Not hunched over a computer desk. I understand mouse and keyboard for games like UT2004. But these types of games I can play casually and would gladly trade off some precision for some comfort.

#57 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:10 PM

About the controller question: yes, it will work on a gamepad. It has a preset configuration for the Xbox 360 pad.

#58 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

I run my pc to my living room tv and I want to sit on my couch and play it like I would any 360 FPS. Not hunched over a computer desk. I understand mouse and keyboard for games like UT2004. But these types of games I can play casually and would gladly trade off some precision for some comfort.

Because you can't have a keyboard on your lap and a mouse pad by your side? What's to stop you from leaning back with that? Just saying.

#59 JeriKu

JeriKu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:14 PM

This game is so fun! I love it! I'm so glad I bought the entire package for only $18.00!

#60 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

It'll work (I have the same setup, though I do have a laptray to set a keyboard/mouse on :D) However, for some reason non-360 gamepads will not work without same major tweaking (UE3 games are (all?) compatibile with 360 pads, but the left stick's y axis is reversed on generic pads for some reason. It was a huge pain to tweak for Batman AA)

Why won't this game go on sale for PS3! I've played through on PC, but a lot of my friends have PS3s :(
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445