Borderlands (PC) $10, DLC Packs $3 on Steam

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 dskillzhtown

dskillzhtown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

Because you can't have a keyboard on your lap and a mouse pad by your side? What's to stop you from leaning back with that? Just saying.

That does not sound comfortable at all.

#62 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Why does the title of this thread keep getting edited :X

#63 plasticbathmonki

plasticbathmonki

Powered by apathy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

Even though I already have a store-bought copy, I went ahead and bought the entire Steam package. Getting all three DLCs for $20 made it worth it in my eyes.

#64 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

This is an awesome deal. Glad to see them run it again.

In defense of Moxxi - it's a fun bit of DLC if you really enjoyed the arena missions of the game. It's essentially arena match after arena match... after arena match. I like it for whenever I just want to hop in the game for a bit to shoot some bad guys but I don't feel like driving all over Pandora.

If that sounds like fun to you then it's worth consideration, especially for $3 and the fact you get a bank as well.

The negative, of course, is that completing it takes forever and you can't really stop once you've started.

#65 Reaperain

Reaperain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

I was thinking about getting borderlands ever since the deal during the summer sale. Was wondering when it would come and even had it on my mind when I opened up steam...and there it was. lol. Jumped right on.

#66 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

OK, so that's the XBox 360 AND PC that's gotten discounted Borderlands add-ons, while we here with the PS3 can't even get the MIC issue fixed after all this time, let alone discounted add-ons!

Makes me consider getting this if I had any friends that played on the PC.
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#67 rayne117

rayne117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:40 PM

Because you can't have a keyboard on your lap and a mouse pad by your side? What's to stop you from leaning back with that? Just saying.

Cheese and Rice, let the man use a controller! :-#

Exactly! We're not only cheap gamers, we're also asses.

"Good enough for me," I say; Life's too short to dwell on $5.

#68 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

This is a no-brainer - I'm not even a fan of FPS style games, and I am thoroughly enjoying Borderlands - I picked it up during the Steam Summer Sale for the same price, and I've logged more hours in that than most of the other games I picked up that same week.

If you don't own it, get it. Come on folks...you get to use big guns, and shoot mutant dogs! What more could you ask for in a game? Well...aside from Zombies...which are in one of the DLC!

** Caldazar **

#69 Tgebbs

Tgebbs

Black Label

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

wish psn would have a deal on the borderlands dlc already, def not paying full price for them but i'd like to check them out.

#70 dacool561

dacool561

Take a Look at This

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

I had acquired a "copy" of the game for our monthly LAN party for this month, but after seeing this deal I deleted it and convinced everyone to just buy it with all the DLC =) because it's such an awesome game and an excellent deal. I don't see how the weekend sale can top this!

#71 nddave

nddave

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

This solidifies that GOTY Borderlands is among us. I bet we see it by Black Friday/holidays and it will have the 4th DLC with it. I understand it still wont be under 20.00 but i believe its around the corner
CAG4LIFE

#72 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Picked this up during that last very recent Steam sale. Very fun game, even single player.

Let me strongly urge the cheap-o's to pick up Moxxi for the storage bank. This game is all about loot, and your character can carry precious few items. In some areas, you will pick up incredibly sweet weapons that are above your current level. And if you don't have the storage bank, you are forced to either sell the weapon or carry it until you level up, wasting a precious item slot (which costs you $$$$ and opportunities).

I haven't played the various DLC's yet, so I can't comment on their content.

im sure theres mods for a simple storage bank
Posted Image

#73 JMCAG

JMCAG

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

I've never played borderlands but that sure is tempting for $10.

#74 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

First sales on XBOX 360 now on PC...PSN gets no love for Borderlands DLC...

#75 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

A question about the DLCs: Out of three of them, I ignore the Mad Moxxi one, right?

#76 Poshbishounen

Poshbishounen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:32 PM

A question about the DLCs: Out of three of them, I ignore the Mad Moxxi one, right?

Right, but at this price it'd be nice to own too.

Posted Image

Looking for Castlevania, Okami, Persona Swag (Posters, Keychains, Figurines, etc) PM me!!!

#77 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

Yea, but I'm a cheap-ass. Look at the site we're in.

#78 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, as long as you're willing to miss out on one unique game feature found only in Mad Moxxi.

#79 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

You mean the Bank option? Eh, I tend to sell/throw away items, and if the game has a bag item to increase space, then it's fine.

#80 deletion

deletion

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

gotta question about steam. Once you buy borderlands, are you able to play online free? or does steam have some sort of pay service to play online? not very familiar with steam. thanks.

#81 deggs37

deggs37

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

Yes, Steam is free to play online.

#82 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:29 PM

Is general knoxx the best one to get if you can only get 1?

If you could only get on then get Knoxx. Zombie Island is really good and Knoxx has new weapons and increases the level cap, and has more bosses. I, however, enjoy Zombie Island more than Knoxx since if had a different feel from the rest of the base game and the other dlc. The Zombie Island story is pretty funny, too. If I didn't get Moxxi for $3 then I would probably regret it. The stash is nice the actually arena fights I found boring.

#83 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:14 AM

Since no one bothers to check the Master Trading List forum for existing trade threads and just litter these threads with posts, they're all over here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=239381

Don't post in here for 4-packs. Post in the above thread and it's been added to the OP.

#84 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

Well worth the cash, and another DLC down the road.

That depends. Mad Moxxi basically has two things: Horde mode and a bank (which people tend to forget about). If either of those things interest you, get it while it's cheap.

#85 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:57 AM

Whenever I try to add the game to my cart I am told "SORRY, WE COULDN'T ADD YOUR ITEM!"

Edit: Apperently steam was down for a while, working now.

Edited by Fuzi0n, 19 August 2010 - 01:17 AM.

#86 8riE

8riE

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:24 AM

:P Well I'm getting 3 too. They're cheap and I'm cheap, so we go together. Thanks! :)
All 4 I mean.

Edited by 8riE, 19 August 2010 - 01:52 AM.

#87 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

I would have bought this, but no Live Achievements on the PC makes me wish it were $10 on 360 instead. But no, we have to pay $30 for a now ancient game on the 360.

#88 ElectricStarshine

ElectricStarshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:16 AM

I have been waiting for these to drop in price. I purchased them, as did a friend of mine so we can coop.

#89 henrylin22

henrylin22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:26 AM

bought borderlands back at the summer sale, though it was awesome so im getting general knoxx, on the fence on the other 2 however, is the 5 activation for life?

#90 DestinyHero

DestinyHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:54 AM

Is the Steam version okay? I heard the PC retail was a buggy mess when it was released.