(Wii) Okami $16, RE4 $12 from Amazon

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Xenogears

Xenogears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:54 AM

You should change the op title and op details to reflect new price.

Price looks to be back at $14 now. Was $10 for alittle bit though! Good eye, and congrats to anyone that got it even cheaper

#32 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

Easy come easy go. At least you know how to edit OP titles now :P.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#33 whotheheck

whotheheck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:11 AM

IMO, widescreen support makes the Wii version far superior.

#34 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:49 AM

is capcom ever bringing this to ps3 (psn or retail)?

#35 exfinalimpact

exfinalimpact

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

hmm.ps2 version.....oddly its a higher price. website called cheapassgamer. you think they would want the cheaper version instead of complaining.

in conclusion. stfu,just get the wii version.

#36 cheepassmager

cheepassmager

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

This is such a great game I almost want to buy a second copy. I think I prefer the Wii version over PS2, but I could be biased because I played it first. I never had a problem with Wii controls, so I'm guessing people who say the opposite were just used to the PS2 version.

#37 Omnislash124

Omnislash124

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

I hadn't realized that Okami Wii has dropped this low. I've been wanting to pick it up for a while now. Thanks a lot, OP.

I've heard the PS2 version was superior, but after reading those reviews, the grounds on which they claim the PS2 version to be superior don't really fit me. I might be bad with the wii remote, but I'm horrible with analog sticks. I also think the Wii's brighter colors look better over the washed out PS2 colors.

#38 timobkg

timobkg

CAG Maestro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

I hadn't realized that Okami Wii has dropped this low. I've been wanting to pick it up for a while now. Thanks a lot, OP.

I've heard the PS2 version was superior, but after reading those reviews, the grounds on which they claim the PS2 version to be superior don't really fit me. I might be bad with the wii remote, but I'm horrible with analog sticks. I also think the Wii's brighter colors look better over the washed out PS2 colors.

It all depends on what reviews you read. IIRC, IGN and Gamespot both said the Wii version was better overall. Not perfect, mind you, but they found it better, as did I. Using the Wii mote to draw on the screen is wonderfully fluid and intuitive, and you can't match that with the analog sticks.

In any case, the game is fantastic, and everyone should buy it. :)

Edited by timobkg, 18 August 2010 - 05:35 PM.
Typo

#39 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

I have the Wii version and I really like it, visuals and all. Widescreen + Wii painting = Win.

cagSig.png515886.png

#40 2000man

2000man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

In for Okami. I am looking forward to playing this with my daughter.

#41 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

The Wii version's brighter colors and wide screen support make it infinitely better to me at least.

#42 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:55 AM

I've only played the Wii version but I had a blast with it. I picked it up in a lightning deal a couple years back for $15. It's a steal at this price. If you haven't played it and have a Wii, buy it, it's an excellent game.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Mass Effect 3, Super Mario World, FIFA 13

#43 sippycupz

sippycupz

You spoony bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

Does the Wii version support gamecube/classic controls? I'm hesitant, because Twilight Princess' waggle controls made the game feel too gimmicky for me to play. Maybe Okami is different.
Posted Image

#44 Xenogears

Xenogears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

Updated thread to include RE4 and a $2 increase in Okami's price

Sippycupz: I think Okami requires waggle motions. Though i've heard its not as bad as in Twilight Princess, because there is a large cooldown between the moves that can be preformed with waggle