Used Game Stores in Madison, WI

scott_matthews

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (99%)
Hey peeps,
I just moved from Eau Claire to Madison and I'm hoping you guys can give me the 411 on the used game market in the area. My apartment here is much much smaller than my one in EC and as a result I'm going to be hauling in several hundred games from my collection to trade off. So I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction for some of the better used game places. I'll be trading off stuff from NES through the current gen, so I'm looking for places that deal in retro stuff too.

Any info is greatly appreciated!!

Scott

PS - Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, my Internet doesn't get turned on for another week so I'm forced to use my iPhone as my only method of CAGing... and for some reason the forums search link doesn't seem to work on this browser :(

Scott:

Here's the general-purpose Wisconsin link:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66892

Any list I create is going to be incomplete, but there are at least three Gamestops -- State Street, West Towne and East Towne. There are no Game Crazies or any other national chain used video game stores, although I believe big shops like Best Buy have gotten into the used game business. The local chain of interest is Pre-Played (like Best Buy, there's one on the west and east sides). There used to be a set of a shops called Video Game Xchange, but I think they're all gone now. On University Ave, there's a one-off shop on the north side of the street with terrible prices. There's plenty of pawn and thrift, but that's probably not what you're after.

Welcome to town.

I think that the Video Game Xchange still exists on the East Side on Atwood. I may be wrong though. I haven't been there in a few months.

Thanks for the info guys! I'll check out Pre-Played and take a look for Game Xchange on Atwood.

ICP - I actually don't have anymore 360 stuff that I'll be selling/trading off. Most of my extra current gen stuff I sold off on Amazon Marketplace over the summer before my move. I would just keep selling stuff off over there but now that I'm moved and have school starting in a week I won't have the space or the free time to manage that anymore. Most of what I have left in my sell pile are me duplicate Xbox, SNES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, Sega CD, NES, GameCube, and N64 games.

bread's done
Back