Windows Phone 7 game discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#391 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

I downloaded the Harbor Master update, but have yet to try it.

#392 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

I played a bunch of Harbor Master last night. I still noticed the lines not being drawn exactly as I traced them. It didn't seem to bother me like it did when the game first came out.

When a WP7 game gets updated, are there release notes anywhere? Like with iPhone apps, the developers usually tell you what they changed in an update. Maybe it tells you in the Zune software on PC? I will investigate. :)

#393 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

Here's my Fast and Furious Adrenaline review. It's not a bad game if you like easy Achievements.

Also, here are release notes for the Harbor Master version 1.1 update.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#394 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

I got to interview Pixelbite Studios, makers of Hydro Thunder Go!

Pixelbite Interview

Some news about Haypi Kingdom too:

Haypi Kingdom version 3.0 update breaks the game, but there is a fix

-Paul Acevedo

#395 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:08 PM

I ended up buying Pac-Man. That game is frickin hard as hell. I think the XBLA version let you start a new game at the highest level you had reached. The same isn't true in this version. I don't see myself unlocking half the achievements in this game.

I've started playing Harbor Master again. I've got all but 3 achievements now. Getting 500 cargo delivered in one game is going to be very hard. The best I've done is 242. I haven't even done 10,000 cargo total. That 50,000 cargo achievement is just plain dumb.

#396 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

geoDefense is this weeks game. I played the trial and liked it enough for $3.

I was looking through the games to see if I could spot the deal of the week. I noticed a game called Glyder was $1.99. That seems like the price of a deal of the week. I hate all forms of flying games. So, I probably won't be picking this up. I did download the trial and will at least try it.

Now I will find out the game has always been $1.99 and some other game is the deal. :)

#397 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

No game has a set price of 1.99, so Glyder is the DotW.

seanr1221.png

#398 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

Played a bunch of geoDefense today. Managed to beat all the easy levels without dying. Had to replay a couple of them quite a few times to get it done. I have a feeling I won't be able to manage not dying in all the medium and hard levels. Unfortunately they have a lot of achievement points tied into that.

Edited by Hoffer, 08 June 2011 - 11:13 PM.

#399 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

Pokedex Mobile now has a free version for those of you who play! The app has also dropped from $2.99 to $1.99.

(I'm the developer btw :) If you have any comments, feel free to PM me!)
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#400 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:05 PM

Breakout was $1.29 but right now it is showing as free. Grab it while you can:

http://social.zune.n...4c-00237de2db9e

#401 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

I won't be buying any games this week. Looks like the airplane flying game is the deal of the week. I remember playing the demo a while ago and hating it. Sonic 4 is the new release this week. Definitely not buying that. Especially at the price they want for it.

#402 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

I will say Sonic 4 is the first game I've played that runs just as well as the iPhone version.

seanr1221.png

#403 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

Hey guys, I didn't see a FAQ on the first two posts so forgive me if this has been covered.

Are WP7 games able to be purchased with MS points? A quick search indicates no, and if that is the case does anyone know if there are plans to make that possible?
Posted Image

#404 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:02 AM

Hey guys, I didn't see a FAQ on the first two posts so forgive me if this has been covered.

Are WP7 games able to be purchased with MS points? A quick search indicates no, and if that is the case does anyone know if there are plans to make that possible?

They might allow it in the future, but not now. You pay either with credit card or by adding purchases to your cell phone bill.

-Paul Acevedo

#405 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

They might allow it in the future, but not now. You pay either with credit card or by adding purchases to your cell phone bill.

How do you get setup to have your purchases charged to your cell phone bill? All my purchases on my previous phones were that way, but when buying XBL games on my WP7 from verizon it charges the cc attached to my live account. Would prefer to have everything show up on my bill.

Hail to Pitt!

#406 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

How do you get setup to have your purchases charged to your cell phone bill? All my purchases on my previous phones were that way, but when buying XBL games on my WP7 from verizon it charges the cc attached to my live account. Would prefer to have everything show up on my bill.

On the purchase confirmation screen, there should be a link to switch the payment method. Could be that Verizon doesn't allow it, but maybe you just overlooked the link.

-Paul Acevedo

#407 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

Made my first WM7 purchase. I just can't pass over another way to beat Plants vs Zombies again. I just got done finishing it on my android device and got it for my Focus which is my work phone. I've had it since the release and never bought a game until now.
Probably be the only game I ever buy because the ridiculous prices unless I get something on sale.

#408 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

I've gotten way behind on my reviews, but here's some new articles to share with you. To help us score more interviews, please comment on the interviews! It's not much effort and really helps us out.

Xbox Live News/etc.
Xbox Live reviews
Indie

Edited by eastx, 26 June 2011 - 07:41 AM.

-Paul Acevedo

#409 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:53 AM

Angry Birds is up!

seanr1221.png

#410 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

And Women's Murder Club is the DotW. 1.99.

seanr1221.png

#411 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

I played Angry Birds long enough to get the first achievement. It's Angry Birds alright.

I'll pick up Women's Murder Club as well.

#412 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

I was just telling my wife that I wish a hidden object game was on the phone and I guess there was all along. Think I'll end up picking up Women's Murder Club.

#413 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

Played a bunch of Angry Birds yesterday. That game gets ridiculously hard. I got to level 3-5 and spent at least an hour on it. Early on, I watched videos on how to beat it on youtube, but that really doesn't seem to help. I'd try to do the exact same things, but would never get the same result. When I finally beat it, I feel it was pure luck.

I then went on to 3-6 and spent probably 15 minutes on it before quitting. Considering there are probably 100 or more levels left in the game, I'm thinking about giving up on this game. Just not having any fun with it anymore.

edit: After the crying, I went back and beat that level and probably 10 more past that.

Edited by Hoffer, 30 June 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#414 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

If you missed Twin Blades before it was delisted, you'll have a chance to get it again next week.

Twin Blades returns on July 6

I haven't tried Angry Birds yet as I'm trying to finish off Plants vs. Zombies. Such a long (and wonderful) game! Passed you up on the Leaderboards, Hoffer.

-Paul Acevedo

#415 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

This is my first time owning Angry Birds, and it's just a great game. If I can't get a level, usually if I just come back to it later, I'll get it, and it's just a perfect pick up and play game. First purchase on my WP7, and very happy with it :)

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#416 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

That women's murder club game is glitchy on my focus. Twice when I came back to it and go to continue it just loads endlessly and I have to start a brand new game. I even redownloaded it and still have the issue.

#417 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:50 AM

That women's murder club game is glitchy on my focus. Twice when I came back to it and go to continue it just loads endlessly and I have to start a brand new game. I even redownloaded it and still have the issue.

Sorry to hear that. I had a problem with it crashing during a mid-game cinema as my review states, but that was the only glitch I ran into on my Focus. :(

-Paul Acevedo

#418 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

WP7 Deal of the Week
Posted Image
July 6
Also, George's Angry Birds review.

-Paul Acevedo

#419 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Twin Blades is back in the Marketplace!

And here's my Doodle Jump review.

-Paul Acevedo

#420 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

Beards and Beaks coming to Xbox Live next week!

My geoDefense review

Sally's Salon Luxury Edition coming to Xbox Live

-Paul Acevedo