- - - - -

Windows Phone 7 game discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#241 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

Any updates on that, Rich?

EastX, I just watched your review for Castlevania at WPcentral, nice one. Maybe I can do a guest review sometime.

Any clues for the next DOTW? I'm hoping for The Harvest.

seanr1221.png

#242 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

Well I hope the rumors are true that the HTC Trophy is coming to verizon by the end of this month. I'll definitely be in for one if that is the case. Anyone have any hands on time with it?

Also, just throwing this out there to those who might have transitioned from a Blackberry to a WP7. Is there any app/method for connecting a WP7 to blackberry enterprise server (BES) to sync up work email? Or possibly to just use WP7 to access your email via Outlook directly? We are running outlook 2007 with BES here at work and I'm trying to avoid having to hold onto the BB when I pick up a WP7.

Edited by GLOCKGLOCK, 16 March 2011 - 02:08 PM.

How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#243 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

Any updates on that, Rich?

EastX, I just watched your review for Castlevania at WPcentral, nice one. Maybe I can do a guest review sometime.

Any clues for the next DOTW? I'm hoping for The Harvest.

I took out the battery and microSD card ,put them back in, and turned it back on and it was back to normal .

Edited by Richlough, 15 March 2011 - 06:00 PM.
sp

card.pngl1.gif

#244 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:33 AM

http://www.bloomberg...emand-ebbs.html

According to this, MS is going to stop making Zune hardware. I hope this means they are coming out with a WP7 based portable and doesn't mean they are giving up all together.

#245 BigPopov

BigPopov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:45 AM

I doubt it. MS has publicly said they are not interested in supporting hardware anymore and just doing software. They've traditionally been a software company, and with WP7 they can do just that.

#246 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

Ummm, Microsoft is almost certainly going to make a WP7 non-phone device (or have someone else make it). The Zune announcement is definitely a step in that direction.

#247 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:25 AM

My Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night review is up!

http://www.wpcentral...re-night-review

Glad you liked the video, Sean. They are kinda stressful to make since it's hard to talk and play a game simultaneously...

#248 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

Ummm, Microsoft is almost certainly going to make a WP7 non-phone device (or have someone else make it). The Zune announcement is definitely a step in that direction.

Is this just an assumption, or do you know something we don't ;)

seanr1221.png

#249 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Here's the WPCentral article on the Zune dying out.

No significant inside info, but it's what everybody at WPCentral expects.

Don't forget, Full House Poker is coming tomorrow! Will probably know the DotW tonight.

#250 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:48 AM

Odd. Went to download an update for Castlevania, and it says pending then disappears. Anyone ever have this problem?

seanr1221.png

#251 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, when it does that... You might need to uninstall Castlevania and then redownload the game (thus getting the update). That would delete your save file though. You could also try powering off your phone, turning it back on, and seeing if that helps.

The update, AFAIK, fixes the game crashing on the Cards screen. Not a huge deal as it doesn't crash every time.

Deal of the week:

0kIDu4BUMaQ

#252 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

Made a post in the Pokemon and WP7 deals thread, but just wanted to let you guys know that I have released a Pokedex app for WP7.
Check it out here: http://www.marketplacebrowser.com/274766/pokedex-mobile

Feel free to PM me or tweet me with any feedback! :)
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#253 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

The Pokedex looks good, Zohar! I don't play Pokemon but my brother might like that.

Also, better late than never... EastX's Rocket Riot Review

#254 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

When does the deal of the week price kick in? I'm looking at Rocket Riot right now and it is price at $4.99.

#255 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

Its been active all day.

seanr1221.png

#256 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

Its been active all day.

I go into "buy more games", scroll down to the game and it says $4.99. Do you have to go somewhere else to get the $2.99 price?

I see a deal of the week thing in the Xbox Live app. It still says the Star Wars game.

#257 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

Maybe turn your phone off then on?

seanr1221.png

#258 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

Reboot did not fix. Oh well, it's the deal of the week. I'm assuming my phone will fix itself with 7 days. :)

#259 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:11 AM

I have no clue why you run into these weird problems.

seanr1221.png

#260 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:03 AM

The Pokedex looks good, Zohar! I don't play Pokemon but my brother might like that.

Also, better late than never... EastX's Rocket Riot Review

Thanks :) Hey if you'd like to review it, I can send you a dev copy of the game (assuming you have a dev account). If not, I can reimburse you the $3 that the app costs (wish Microsoft would implement promo codes or something...)

#261 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

The Rocket Riot deal was there this morning. bought

Has Puzzle Quest 2 ever been the deal of the week?

#262 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

Zohar I don't have a developer-unlocked phone :( but yeah, I might be able to review it in a week or two. Will PM ya (and my brother bought it on his phone BTW).

Hoffer you can see all past Deal of the Weeks in the DotW thread's third post. No Puzzle Quest 2 yet. I can tell you though, out of Puzzle Quest 2 and Castlevania Puzzle, Castlevania is like 5 times better on WP7. Namco didn't do a great job with PQ2's WP7 port.

Also, I found out next week's Xbox Live title!

http://www.wpcentral...x-live-march-23

Edited by eastx, 17 March 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#263 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:18 AM

Zohar I don't have a developer-unlocked phone :( but yeah, I might be able to review it in a week or two. Will PM ya (and my brother bought it on his phone BTW).

Awesome! Thanks, feel free to PM anytime.

#264 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

Dang, I wanted coin golf :(

I also wish gameloft would drop more games. I've tweeted them about it but never got an answer. I know they announced Splinter Cell, but I would love spider-man, dungeon hunter or nova.

seanr1221.png

#265 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

Has anyone who is playing Full House Poker on the Samsung Focus had a lot of problems with it crashing and locking up the phone ?

Was happening to me with monotonous regularity last night.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#266 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:32 PM

Has anyone who is playing Full House Poker on the Samsung Focus had a lot of problems with it crashing and locking up the phone ?

Was happening to me with monotonous regularity last night.

I'm on the Focus and don't remember a single crash.

#267 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:09 AM

I also wish gameloft would drop more games. I've tweeted them about it but never got an answer. I know they announced Splinter Cell, but I would love spider-man, dungeon hunter or nova.

I'm surprised Gameloft is releasing titles so cautiously. I think with games like NOVA they're waiting for Microsoft to start allowing Xbox Live games to have online play. I'd be all over Spider-Man, their Final Fantasy 13 clone, and many of their other games as long as they're priced fairly.

Full House Poker hasn't crashed even once on my Focus. Loving that game.

#268 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

The Sprint Arrive is now out:

http://www.wpcentral...l-you-need-know

Also, AT & T bought T-Mobile, so existing T-Mobile users will eventually have access to the Samsung Focus, I should think.

#269 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:30 AM

This week's Deal of the Week:

http://www.wpcentral...r-2011-launches

Also, the new Xbox Live title is...

http://www.wpcentral...x-live-march-23

Both will go live Wednesday morning. Harbor Master didn't make it out this week, btw.

#270 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:36 AM

I have the trial of Hexic on my WP7. I stink at puzzle games, but will probably pick it up for $2.

I will definitely skip the soccer game.

Harbor Master is coming to WP7 soon?!?! Probably my first or second most played game on my iPhone. That will be a day one purchase. I already know my other top 2 most played game Plants vs Zombies is coming. :)