CAG-Only $20 PSN Card (Code Hunt GO!)

killyourfm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally slated to be public, but Examiner is having some major growing pains this week and the corresponding article simply won't publish but the past articles have been updated with the codes. I'll probably lose some moolah, but I'm making this CAG only because you guys have shown so much support over the past 2 months.

Read the short list of rules, then start hunting!

1. THE PRIZE: A 12-digit download code for $20 in Playstation Network cash has been broken up into 3 segments and hidden among the first 11 pages of my past articles. http://www.examiner.com/video-games-in-national/jason-evangelho

2. THE RULES: Almost none! This contest is not sponsored by Examiner.com, and as such any questions should be directed to jevangelho @ gmail (dot) com.

3: IMPORTANT: This $20 PSN card can only be redeemed using a US Playstation Network account.

4: TO WIN: Simply find all 3 code fragments and redeem them in the proper order on PSN to win. If you've found them all but the code doesn't work, someone beat you to it! But don't worry, we've got more contests coming up.

5: HINT: None of the code fragments are hidden in comments or slideshows, and you only need to browse the first 11 pages. Tabbed browsing is highly recommended!

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's similar to the Scott Pilgrim ones Miguel has been posting here. Except mine isn't quite as brutal :)
I've confirmed that they're all visible in the articles.

[quote name='Skram']I've found 2 but can't find the 3rd. The one starting with an H and one with a Q. Hints?[/QUOTE]
Same here....

I found all three... every variation I can come up with is saying the code is invalid... someone must've already redeemed it.

[quote name='mguiddy']I found all three... every variation I can come up with is saying the code is invalid... someone must've already redeemed it.[/QUOTE]

I think you might of found the GI12 Part which is the car. It would say this has been redeemed maximum amount of times usually if it was right.

[quote name='Skram']I think you might of found the GI12 Part which is the car. It would say this has been redeemed maximum amount of times usually if it was right.[/QUOTE]

AH, GI12 rings a bell...Forza 3 DLC? I can confirm that isn't part of the code, nor is the 3rd code chunk in that article.

[quote name='Skram']I've found 2 but can't find the 3rd. The one starting with an H and one with a Q. Hints?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same boat as you 2. I really don't feel like opening up all 100 or so tabs again and finding that middle code.

[quote name='mguiddy']I found all three... every variation I can come up with is saying the code is invalid... someone must've already redeemed it.[/QUOTE]

Same thing. The ones I found were "FAAD," "HDE7," and "QRBG." I figured "PURE" was possible, as it seemed out of place as well. Tried every single (of the 24) combinations and nothing worked.

[quote name='Aliens']Same thing. The ones I found were "FAAD," "HDE7," and "QRBG." I figured "PURE" was possible, as it seemed out of place as well. Tried every single (of the 24) combinations and nothing worked.[/QUOTE]

HDE7 and QRBG are part of the code. The entire thing hasn't been found yet.

BIG HINT: The 3rd code fragment is spelled out phonetically...

Wow, now its gone because I actually got it. I figured the order would be based on the article date but they were mixed up. Can't believe i finally won one of these things. Thanks OP!

BTW the 3rd code was under the picture in the Oddworld article on page 9.

[quote name='ijag233']Wow, now its gone because I actually got it. I figured the order would be based on the article date but they were mixed up. Can't believe i finally won one of these things. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

CONGRATS, that's awesome! Glad the effort paid off. Alright, NO hints next time :)

Enjoy it and thanks for participating.

[quote name='ijag233']Wow, now its gone because I actually got it. I figured the order would be based on the article date but they were mixed up. Can't believe i finally won one of these things. Thanks OP!

BTW the 3rd code was under the picture in the Oddworld article on page 9.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, well done sir! I would never in a million years have put that one together... now enjoy your $20, buy yourself something nice!

[quote name='killyourfm']Next up: Metroid: Other M at the end of the month.[/QUOTE]
Ooh ooh ooh ooh!!! I'll be all over that one!

And congrats ijag233!

bread's done
Back