jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

bump

#32 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

After over a year with the newest PS2 revision (bought the Lego Batman bundle when it came out) I've yet to run into any issues with anything other than Taito Legends Volume 1. For some reason, Taito Legends 1 makes my PS2 (and my other, older, fat PS2 that I owned when I initially bought the game) sound like a jet engine.

Other DVD videos, DVD games, and CD-based games (PS1 and PS2) have worked fine.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#33 WarPSycho

WarPSycho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:29 AM

im assuming the newer versions should be fine cause like every revision fixes all the problems of the later generation

#34 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

I'm looking to buy a slim. Actually, I'm looking to get it for free from the sony rewards program. I just wanted to ask a bit about the reliability of the console.

I have 80gb BC ps3 I currently use for ps1 and ps2 games. I have a feeling that will not last forever and would like to keep this ps2 in storage until the ps3 craps out and I have to buy a slim ps3.

Is the last revision of the slim ps2 the most reliable and does it have any compatibility issues? I know they have some dvd issues, but I'm not really concerned about that. I'm more or less concerned with being able to go back and play some of these ps1 and 2 rpgs one day and I don't want my hardware to limit me. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have two versions of the slims (one ceramic white and one of the most recent ones) and I haven't had any issues with either one. I don't know of any compatibility problems.
Posted Image

#35 WarPSycho

WarPSycho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:25 AM

which ps2 is the one with the disc read error or is it all of the old ones? like can i know specifically which modelS?

#36 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:15 AM

Thank you all for your help!

#37 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

Just so I don't need to make a new topic for this, I'll just ask here. Is there any way to make the PS2 look any better on an HDTV? I used to play on my old 27", but after upgrading to a 32" 1080p the graphics on the PS2 look horrendous. I tried using component cables and I've noticed no difference. Any advice?

#38 Jayx77

Jayx77

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:50 AM

Just so I don't need to make a new topic for this, I'll just ask here. Is there any way to make the PS2 look any better on an HDTV? I used to play on my old 27", but after upgrading to a 32" 1080p the graphics on the PS2 look horrendous. I tried using component cables and I've noticed no difference. Any advice?

Some games allow you to play in 480p and you need to enable it either in the game's menu or by pressing X and triangle while the game is booting if it doesn't have an option in the menu. Also make sure you have the system menu set correctly to "Component Y Pb Br".

List of PS2 games that support 480p and widescreen: http://www.hdtvarcad...=show&pageId=19

If you are doing this and still can't get it looking good or your favorite game just doesn't support 480p, then you probably have a TV that just doesn't scale SDTV or EDTV to it's native resolution very well.

My TV scales pretty well, but I just don't like the way it makes my older games look so I choose to play it on my old ass 32" SDTV in the bedroom. I think that's just how most of the games were designed to look and there's nothing wrong with that. Do you still have your old 27"?

#39 Jayx77

Jayx77

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

After over a year with the newest PS2 revision (bought the Lego Batman bundle when it came out) I've yet to run into any issues with anything other than Taito Legends Volume 1. For some reason, Taito Legends 1 makes my PS2 (and my other, older, fat PS2 that I owned when I initially bought the game) sound like a jet engine.

Other DVD videos, DVD games, and CD-based games (PS1 and PS2) have worked fine.

\

That's weird because I have that same model and play both Taito Legends games on it and it's as quiet as a mouse.

#40 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

http://kotaku.com/56...-bundle-in-town

The $99 Toy Story 3 PlayStation 2 bundle brings together the decade-old console with a copy of Disney Interactive's Toy Story 3 video game on October 31, two days before the smash hit movie hits DVD and Blu-ray. With the holidays coming, it's an excellent opportunity for Sony to grab a few more PS2 sales for parents not willing or able to spend the extra cash on one of today's fine video game consoles.

http://www.amazon.co...7627415&sr=1-32
this might be the best deal for a new ps2.

I still wish The new slim PS3 played PS2 games.

Edited by Ivanhoe, 21 October 2010 - 02:17 AM.

#41 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:18 AM

The $99 Toy Story 3 PlayStation 2 bundle brings together the decade-old console with a copy of Disney Interactive's Toy Story 3 video game on October 31, two days before the smash hit movie hits DVD and Blu-ray. With the holidays coming, it's an excellent opportunity for Sony to grab a few more PS2 sales for parents not willing or able to spend the extra cash on one of today's fine video game consoles.

I dont see this bundle listed on amazon.com yet
but this might be the best deal for a new ps2.

To bad we already have the game for xbox 360.
Smile

#42 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

http://www.amazon.co...7627415&sr=1-32
this might be the best deal for a new ps2.

I got this PS2 model with the game today. Do you guys think it is ok to buy a used memory card playstation brand or do you think I have to buy a brand new one? Do you guys think I should buy the $7 replacement plan at Target supposed to be good for 2 years, I said what if you don't have it anymore they said they would give $ back.
Smile

#43 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

So I just buy one of these and then I can transfer saves to the PS3 slim for storage and/or then to my PC. I can transfer them back and forth if I need to? This was helpful info.

If you transfer saves to the PS3 can you get them off and back onto the memory card to play on the PS2 again?
http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top
Smile

#44 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:13 AM

I got this PS2 model with the game today. Do you guys think it is ok to buy a used memory card playstation brand or do you think I have to buy a brand new one? Do you guys think I should buy the $7 replacement plan at Target supposed to be good for 2 years, I said what if you don't have it anymore they said they would give $ back.

Spring the extra money for a new brand name memory card. You won't be happy if you save 4 bucks only to lose all your saved games.