Photo
- - - - -

GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, please check first/last post for new thread link.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1933 replies to this topic

#181 KidYungn

KidYungn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

XBOX 360:
NBA 2K10- $10
Blur - $20
Final Fantasy XIII - $15
Call of Duty MWF 2 - $20
DJ Hero W/ Turntable - $10

#182 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

I know this question has been asked, but I never really paid attention - if I used the Trade 2/get $40 toward Metroid promo, and I cancel the pre-order, how much credit will I actually get back? The normal amount for the games I trade? Depends on the store? It's not critical, but it'd be useful information.
Posted Image

#183 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

I know this question has been asked, but I never really paid attention - if I used the Trade 2/get $40 toward Metroid promo, and I cancel the pre-order, how much credit will I actually get back? The normal amount for the games I trade? Depends on the store? It's not critical, but it'd be useful information.

You'll get the full amount, but that store will probably hate you for screwing somebody out of a pre-order. If you're gonna do that, go to a store you'll never shop at again, not the one you go to 99% of the time.

EDIT: Oh and make sure when you trade it in, you say you want the "Trade 2/Get $40" promo, because the salesperson might scan the promo code for "Get 25% when you trade towards Metroid". Unless you're trading something that's already close to $20.

#184 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

called in to get TiV

Beatles Rock Band (Wii) $7

#185 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

I should have stated it more clearly, your response makes me feel like a total jerk :p I already have it ordered, but I went with Amazon instead for the bonus credit. I just hadn't decided what to do about GS. Maybe I'll just sell the extra (paid in credit for both).
Posted Image

#186 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

If you change your mind, you can probably avoid the store/employee getting a cancelled preorder penalty by either letting the preorder money roll over past the 48 hours they hold the game for reserves and/or offering to buy the game and immediately return it.

#187 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

TIV from today- all PS2

Ratchet & Clank- $2.50
Ratchet & Clank 2- $2
Ratchet & Clank 3- $3
Jak & Daxter- $1
Jak 2- $1.25
jAK 3- $2.75

#188 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:42 AM

Updated lists and database. Running into character limits on current gen list post. Might have to rework/rearrange it.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#189 ynocturnal

ynocturnal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

DSi - $70

#190 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:51 AM

I wish the 2 gamestops were still around here. The one I do the trade 2 for 40 flips just closed last week and the other store always tries to give me the runaround when i cancel preorders or return new games saying they will only give me the regular tiv and not the 20tiv. i went with splinter cell to amazon for 14.50 although i could have gone for 20 at gamestop but i didnt want to get into it with the manager again. grrr

#191 hatback

hatback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:26 AM

8/30/2010 base TIVs

Brutal Legend (360) - $5
Bioshock (PS3) - $7
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) - $4
Iron Man 2 (Wii) - $7

Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii) - $8
Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii) - $8

Something odd I had with the trade-in... not sure if it's normal or not...

I did two separate trade-in transactions. I did the first 5 games on one transaction (to get the tiered 5-game 30% bonus)... no problems with that one.

The second transaction didn't go as I expected though. I traded in Endless Ocean: Blue World and Tiger Woods 2010 (both are on the list of games that qualify for the "Trade 2, Save $40" towards pre-order/purchase of Metroid: Other M or Halo Reach). The employee called a higher-up on the phone to ask for assistance on how to apply the promo. I ended up pre-ordering Metroid and I was expecting each game to get bumped to $20 TIV (+10% edge), but instead the 25% power trade promo was applied. I asked the employee why I was getting the 25% promo when I specifically asked for the "Trade 2, Save $40" promo, and he said something along the lines of the system not being able to process it (it was around 9:00pm closing time, not sure if that caused any issues with it or not). He assured me that when I go to pick up the game tomorrow, that the correct TIVs will be applied ($20+edge for each game) as long as I showed them my receipt.

I'm guessing that this is not the way it is normally supposed to work. I'm not sure if the system was acting up, or the employee just processed it incorrectly. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know why this would happen? I apologize if it's already been covered in previous posts and I missed it.

#192 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:31 AM

I bet he did it wrong...there should be something already setup within the system for basically every promo they run. If not there should've been an override to $20.00 TIV per game instead of the 25% bonus.

#193 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:35 AM

:360: UFC 2010 - $15 (8/29)
:360: Left 4 Dead - $4 (8/29)
:360: Red Faction Guerrilla - $4 (8/29)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#194 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:40 AM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

#195 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:02 AM

I bet he did it wrong...there should be something already setup within the system for basically every promo they run. If not there should've been an override to $20.00 TIV per game instead of the 25% bonus.

There are 2 different coupons to scan, one does the 25% the other the $40 bump. He likely scanned the wrong one and didn't know how to back out of it.

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#196 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:22 AM

Yeah, they have a book listing their promos to scan from. It's likely he just messed up.
Posted Image

#197 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:22 AM

Meh. My wireless headset I bought at walmart on clearance for $30 stopped working, that was the last one they had. Guess I'll trade in PoP:TFS and the $30 I get back from that and get Other M. Try and beat it and sell it to put some $ down towards Halo Reach.

#198 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:33 AM

The second transaction didn't go as I expected though. I traded in Endless Ocean: Blue World and Tiger Woods 2010 (both are on the list of games that qualify for the "Trade 2, Save $40" towards pre-order/purchase of Metroid: Other M or Halo Reach). The employee called a higher-up on the phone to ask for assistance on how to apply the promo. I ended up pre-ordering Metroid and I was expecting each game to get bumped to $20 TIV (+10% edge), but instead the 25% power trade promo was applied. I asked the employee why I was getting the 25% promo when I specifically asked for the "Trade 2, Save $40" promo, and he said something along the lines of the system not being able to process it (it was around 9:00pm closing time, not sure if that caused any issues with it or not). He assured me that when I go to pick up the game tomorrow, that the correct TIVs will be applied ($20+edge for each game) as long as I showed them my receipt.

I'm guessing that this is not the way it is normally supposed to work. I'm not sure if the system was acting up, or the employee just processed it incorrectly. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know why this would happen? I apologize if it's already been covered in previous posts and I missed it.

I know what happened because it happened to me too.
The employee typed the wrong game. There are 2 Endless Oceans and the employee used the wrong one which doesn't qualify for the $40 bonus.
The employee and I wasted 5 minutes trying to figure this out when this happened to me.

#199 io

io

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:47 AM

Gee, sounds familiar (my post from a few pages back):

So, I did the Metroid preorder deal with 2 qualifying games and it didn't ring up automatically. They had to manually adjust each game to $20 which of course meant more bonus for me, since the Edge boost is then counted off the $20 and not the original TiV.

I got $45.60 for the following (though $40 got applied to a preorder for Metroid Other M):

:wii:
Endless Ocean Blue World - $8
Tiger Woods 2010 - $8

The computer had just applied the 10% bonus from the tiered trade even though he had the Metroid Other M preorder on the same transaction. I haven't been following the deals recently but has this not been working correctly all along? If it has been working, then this might be an early sign that one or both of those games has been taken off the official list (though they looked at a list they had behind the counter to verify them before manually adjusting). Just a heads up on that...

OK, I just realized I got even more than just Edge based on the $20 pricing. I got Promo #9412 applied as well, which must be the tiered offer at 10% because I got 80 cents for each game (10% of the base values of $8) in addition to the $2 from Edge (based on the $20). So yay...

There are 2 different coupons to scan, one does the 25% the other the $40 bump. He likely scanned the wrong one and didn't know how to back out of it.

I thought that might be the case, but the booklet they kept looking at only had the power trade bar code in it - it didn't have the trade 2 deal and the guys at my store were at a loss so they just did a manual override. That's what they should have done for you hatback. It won't magically adjust the values when you go pick up the game. What you got is what you got - it won't change. However, they ought to do something to fix it for you (like lower the cost of Metroid when you pick it up). The nice thing about having them manually adjust like they did for me is that I got extra credit that way (see my post).

I know what happened because it happened to me too.
The employee typed the wrong game. There are 2 Endless Oceans and the employee used the wrong one which doesn't qualify for the $40 bonus.
The employee and I wasted 5 minutes trying to figure this out when this happened to me.

Not necessarily - seems there are multiple ways for them to screw up this promo. On my receipt it says "Blue World" so they didn't make that mistake.

It seems they can:
1) Enter it as the wrong game (though this is unlikely unless you are trading it disc-only).
2) Scan the wrong promo (the 25% power trade) instead of the Trade 2 deal.
3) Simply not know there is a bar code to scan for the Trade 2 deal.

It seems Readthepost had the first problem, hatback had the second, and I had the third :lol:.

hatback - when you pick up the game pay careful attention to how much you end up paying. They could go all over the place with this when they try to fix it for you. Assuming you have an Edge card, you should have gotten $40 + $16 x 10% = $41.60, meaning you would only have to pay $8.39 more to pick up the game (not counting any tax of course). They may only adjust to an even $40, or they may screw up and give you more than you are supposed to get. I guarantee it will be random ;).

#200 hatback

hatback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

It seems they can:
1) Enter it as the wrong game (though this is unlikely unless you are trading it disc-only).

It seems Readthepost had the first problem, hatback had the second, and I had the third :lol:.

hatback - when you pick up the game pay careful attention to how much you end up paying. They could go all over the place with this when they try to fix it for you. Assuming you have an Edge card, you should have gotten $40 + $16 x 10% = $41.60, meaning you would only have to pay $8.39 more to pick up the game (not counting any tax of course). They may only adjust to an even $40, or they may screw up and give you more than you are supposed to get. I guarantee it will be random ;).

Thanks for the input io and everyone else who pitched in on my situation!

Yeah, I'm thinking I had scenario #2. I doubt it was scenario #1, because Blue World shows up on my receipt.

My receipt shows:
Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii): $8 (base) + $2 (25% promo) + $0.80 (edge) = $10.80
Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii): $8 (base) + $2 (25% promo) + $0.80 (edge) = $10.80

$21.60 is the total credit applied to the pre-order of Metroid M.
$41.60 is what I should have gotten with the correct promo (trade 2 for $40 + edge on base TIV) applied as you pointed out.
So, that works out to an even $20 ($41.60 - $21.60) more credit I should be entitled to.

Maybe they can cancel my old transaction and redo the trade-in correctly from scratch (not sure if this is possible). If not that, then hopefully they'll do a manual override to take $20 off Metroid or credit me with $20 somehow.

But I'm not too worried. I have faith that they'll fix it or get it right somehow, after all is said and done. Although... I am anticipating some head scratching, befuddled looks, and struggling with the computer on their part. :-k

#201 rp71284

rp71284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the input io and everyone else who pitched in on my situation!

Yeah, I'm thinking I had scenario #2. I doubt it was scenario #1, because Blue World shows up on my receipt.

My receipt shows:
Tiger Woods 2010 (Wii): $8 (base) + $2 (25% promo) + $0.80 (edge) = $10.80
Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii): $8 (base) + $2 (25% promo) + $0.80 (edge) = $10.80

$21.60 is the total credit applied to the pre-order of Metroid M.
$41.60 is what I should have gotten with the correct promo (trade 2 for $40 + edge on base TIV) applied as you pointed out.
So, that works out to an even $20 ($41.60 - $21.60) more credit I should be entitled to.

Maybe they can cancel my old transaction and redo the trade-in correctly from scratch (not sure if this is possible). If not that, then hopefully they'll do a manual override to take $20 off Metroid or credit me with $20 somehow.

But I'm not too worried. I have faith that they'll fix it or get it right somehow, after all is said and done. Although... I am anticipating some head scratching, befuddled looks, and struggling with the computer on their part. :-k

Yeah I have to do the same thing today. Traded in NBA 2k10 & NHL 10. The guy scanned the 25% instead of the 2/$40. Only got $27 instead of $42.

#202 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, all these stories just reinforce the need to check the little screen or your receipt on the amount you got before leaving the store. Once you leave the store it's a lot harder to get things fixed. Never take them at their word. Not saying they will lie to you intentionally but they may not have exact details on how things work. A few weeks ago a couple employees tried to tell me the 25% bonus and the tiered trade stacked. I told them no it didn't, and they proceeded to try and prove to me it did. After 15 minutes they gave up and said never mind.

all-banner.jpg

#203 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, all these stories just reinforce the need to check the little screen or your receipt on the amount you got before leaving the store. Once you leave the store it's a lot harder to get things fixed. Never take them at their word. Not saying they will lie to you intentionally but they may not have exact details on how things work. A few weeks ago a couple employees tried to tell me the 25% bonus and the tiered trade stacked. I told them no it didn't, and they proceeded to try and prove to me it did. After 15 minutes they gave up and said never mind.

I total agree with checking the little screen, but I noticed that half of the stores have problematic screens....just a blank screen during the transaction then a signature screen at the end...so always I check the receipt at the counter.
Stay in the store, it make it much easier to fix your problem.

#204 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

Not necessarily - seems there are multiple ways for them to screw up this promo. On my receipt it says "Blue World" so they didn't make that mistake.

It seems they can:

Thanks for pointing out all the possibles.
And yes I was trading Endless disc only because I got it from BBV and it had a BBV case.

#205 MasterYensid

MasterYensid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

GS Base TIV's as of 8/30/2010

:wii: Crash: Mind Over Mutant (Wii) - $9.00
:ps2: Resident Evil: Dead Aim (PS2) - $3.00
:ps2: Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's - $2.00
:ps2: MX Vs ATV: Untamed - $2.75
:ps2: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - $4.25
:ps2: Medal of Honor: Frontline - $0.70
:ps2: Mercenaries - $2.50
Posted Image

#206 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

I just picked up my pre-ordered Metriod with bonus. And my co-worker just handed me another Metriod as a thank you gift.

So my question is, if I return my Pre-ordered Metriod, does this hurt my GS employee's pre-order sales or etc?
I would be returning the bonus items as well. I just don't want my GS employee to get a negative because of a pre-order return.

If this causes problems for my GS guy, I'll have to re-gift or ask my co-worker for the recepit.

Thanks all

#207 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

Um, what? You got a free copy of the game and now you want to know how to return your paid copy? Maybe you should be asking your imaginary friend this question.

#208 discordman

discordman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

I just picked up my pre-ordered Metriod with bonus. And my co-worker just handed me another Metriod as a thank you gift.

So my question is, if I return my Pre-ordered Metriod, does this hurt my GS employee's pre-order sales or etc?
I would be returning the bonus items as well. I just don't want my GS employee to get a negative because of a pre-order return.

If this causes problems for my GS guy, I'll have to re-gift or ask my co-worker for the recepit.

Thanks all

It shouldn't as you didn't cancel. Canceling hurts, returns, not so much.

Also

PS2
Shadow of the Colossus- 5.25
The Sims- $4.00
The Sims 2- $8.00
The Sims 2 Castaway- $6.25

GBA
Pokemon Leaf Green- $7.50
Pokemon Fire Red- $8.25

Gamecube AV cord- $1.25

Posted Image

#209 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

Um, what? You got a free copy of the game and now you want to know how to return your paid copy? Maybe you should be asking your imaginary friend this question.

What?
I said I bought one and my co-worker gave me one as a thank you for helping him out over the weekend. My imaginary friend and all my other friends know that I play a lot of video games (it's not a secret).
I get a lot of games as gifts on my b-day and x-mas and etc.
I just didn't want tell my co-worker that I already bought the game and make him feel bad. Or to make him return his copy for a different game. So I thought of returning mine.

What am I suppose to do with 2 copies of the same game? RE-gift or Re-turn?

BTW, I stopped buying games during x-mas and b-day because I get multiple copies of games as gifts. And I didn't think anyone would buy Metriod for me because there is no special event in Sept.

#210 Readthepost

Readthepost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

It shouldn't as you didn't cancel. Canceling hurts, returns, not so much.

Thanks