Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archive (English Art Book) $28.41

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#61 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Amazon often updates existing orders as part of their Pre-order low price guarantee, but I guess to be safe canceling and re-ordering is fine.

#62 wasurenai

wasurenai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Definitely in for one. I saw the Japanese version of this at a convention and it's gorgeous.

#63 lurkingsalt

lurkingsalt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

First of thanks a lot to the OP for crating this thread, I remember seeing the art book on some gaming blogging site and it looked gorgeous. I was tempted to import one but I never had the cash to do so. I also didn't catch the $32 pre-order price earlier and was settling for $35.xx, then I saw it dropped even lower today. Pre-Ordering again at amazon. By the time it comes in I'll probably have forgotten and it will end up being a surprise.

#64 Reira

Reira

Counting down to Sailor Moon Crystal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

Thanks, OP! Nabbed one this time. Always regretted not preordering VC from GameStop to get their preorder artbook, but this is much better.

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is almost here...finally!

#65 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

You guys really don't need to cancel/reorder when this happens. Just check your open orders. They automatically dropped my price from $32.99 to $31.49 already. I can see it.

#66 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:51 PM

Amazon often updates existing orders as part of their Pre-order low price guarantee, but I guess to be safe canceling and re-ordering is fine.

Mine was updated to the lower price.

And this is one of the many reasons amazon has and always will have my business :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#67 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

You guys really don't need to cancel/reorder when this happens. Just check your open orders. They automatically dropped my price from $32.99 to $31.49 already. I can see it.

Mine didn't update, which is why I decided to cancel and re-order.

It might have eventually anyways, but doesn't make a difference if I cancel and re-order anyways.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#68 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Mine was updated to the lower price.

And this is one of the many reasons amazon has and always will have my business :D

mine was re-adjusted as well.. just wait 4 a few hours for this to be updated. No need to cancel and re-order :D

#69 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

If it doesn't happen after two full days from the time the price dropped, their system isn't catching it and you should cancel/reorder.

Don't forget you can check price tracking on www.camelcamelcamel.com .

#70 DKYang

DKYang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:06 AM

It might have eventually anyways, but doesn't make a difference if I cancel and re-order anyways.

Eh, dunno about that. I doubt this will be limited, but if it were, you were at a higher position earlier of getting it then you are now.

Just sayin'.

#71 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

Eh, dunno about that. I doubt this will be limited, but if it were, you were at a higher position earlier of getting it then you are now.

Just sayin'.

Doesn't work like that on Amazon.
Posted Image

#72 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:06 AM

Same here. I've had things not update when a price dipped temporarily, so I didn't want to take a chance and miss out at the lower price.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#73 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:23 AM

No hardback?

#74 persianhero

persianhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:42 AM

dam! feb 2011! damm!!

#75 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:49 AM

Thanks, OP! Nabbed one this time. Always regretted not preordering VC from GameStop to get their preorder artbook, but this is much better.

I actually did pre-order the game like the day before and still got the art book. It sits proudly on my top shelf of my guide bookcase with a sealed copy of the game. Can't wait for this book to join the ranks!

#76 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:14 AM

No hardback?

No, Udon rarely does hardcover stuff, and when they do it is usually a hyper-expensive pre-order or convention-exclusive.

#77 DKYang

DKYang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

Sorry to bump an old topic, but the price is now lowered to $29.91. According to CamelCamelCamel, it was recently dropped couple days ago.

http://camelcamelcam...duct/1926778162

The price hasn't reflected on my order yet so I emailed Amazon just in case. Just thought some of you that pre-ordered would like to know.

#78 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

In for one! Thanks, OP.

Agreed on all counts. The Okami book is absolutely beautiful, so if that is the quality then this will be stunning. I was just browsing my VC strat guide last night, matter of fact, and admiring how beautiful the character shots were.

Is the Okami book sold new anywhere that isn't marked up? I played Okami last year on Wii and loved it.

#79 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

price is reflected on my order (ordered about a month ago). Can't wait to get it. Fortunately, in the time I ordered it, my wife has gotten into it, too.

#80 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

If I can find the money... I love the game and generally find the Udon books to be fantastic.

#81 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Wound up pulling the trigger on it. Didn't see this thread the first time around. Thanks for refreshing it DKY.

#82 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

thats awesome

#83 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

Preordered. Thanks DKYang.

iILnnPj.jpg

#84 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

I wish there was a hardback version. :-(

#85 TommyT53

TommyT53

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

Definitely pre-ordering this. Thanks OP!

#86 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:32 AM

What the heck? It's $29.91 now and when I preordered back in October, even with my Gold Box discount tacked on it's $29.92. Going to write to Amazon and ask for a price adjust... Not for a penny, but to see if I can get the Gold Box discount percentage deducted from the $29.91 price.

RayeKasai.png

#87 lurkingsalt

lurkingsalt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:45 AM

Was thinking of bumping this thread the past few weeks. The last I heard the release date was sometime in FEB so was waiting for a 1 month till release bump. Thanks DKYang, glad to know about an even lower price.

#88 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:54 AM

Wound up pulling the trigger on it. Didn't see this thread the first time around. Thanks for refreshing it DKY.

This x 2.

#89 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:02 AM

Pre-ordered it, seems like a very nice art book for an excellent game! And not a bad price either.
Posted Image

#90 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:22 AM

price dropped to 29.91. Woot!