Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" thread, Version 2.0

Danimal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This turned out to be a pretty popular thread last year, so I thought it would be a good time to start a new one for this season. If you never checked the thread out last year, it's devoted to any and all discussion about fantasy football. During the season, it was mostly a place for CAGs to get opinions on who to start each week (Maybe your stud RB is going against a very tough run defense while a lesser back on your team has an easier matchup- who do you start?) We have a lot of CAGs who play fantasy football, so this thread can be a good place to get several very well informed opinions.

For now, most of us are probably preparing for upcoming drafts, and it's never to early to ask for advice or opinions. Like last year, I'll start. I'll be picking 9th in a 12 team serpentine draft. Our scoring system is a modified PPR format (we award a half-point for each reception), mostly standard scoring beside that- 6 points per TD (only 3 for a passing TD, although we're going to take a vote on changing that to 4), 1 point per 10 yards rushing, and/or 20 receiving or passing, etc.

So, with the 9th pick, do I have any chance of landing either Michael Turner or Andre Johnson in the first round? I'd love Turner, but it's hard to picture him still being there at 9. In our draft last year, the first 8 picks included 6 RBs and 2 WRs. I assume Johnson will be the first WR off the board this year, and both guys who went WR in the first round last year pick ahead of me this year. So I doubt I'll have a shot at him. Are there 6 other RBs I can reasonably expect to go ahead of Turner?

Personally, I think this year is thin on non-RBBC choices. So, I'd say no.

However, with your scoring system, that's not too hateful -- it'll give G-line love-stealing back-ups some legitimacy.

Peterson
C. Johnson
MJD
S. Jackson
Gore
Rice

Those are the only guys I see going in front of Turner. I think you should not be planning on drafting him at #9. As a Packers fan I don't really believe that Ryan Grant is worthy of being your #1 RB so I also would avoid him. He is safe, and a little boring...I don't see you winning a league with him as your #1.

With the 9th pick, there's only a very outside chance of Turner falling to you. I've seen people taking Aaron Rodgers and Randy Moss in the 6-9 range, which could possibly allow Turner to drop to you. However, with the low TD scoring for QBs in your league, I wouldn't expect to see a QB in the first round of your draft. Basically, you'd have to hope a couple WRs go early.

There's a definite fall-off after the first 6 RBs are taken. Is it worth taking any other RB in the first round? Stephen Jackson is possible, but don't expect many TDs from him. In my PPR mock drafts where I've been in the 8-12 slot, I've gone WR/WR/QB for the first three rounds, then scooped up quality starting RB options on the cheap in rounds 4-5. I'm just not convinced on the high-end value of any RB outside the top 4 when there are so many unproven commodities and RBBC.

just had my draft last night... im pretty happy with the results, i was hoping to get brady in the 5th, but he was taken a few picks before, so i took the risk on Kolb. there was an early run on QBs in the 3rd/4th after a brees, rodgers and manning were taken. not sure how that will work out, but i love getting Palmer in the 11th for a backup. my other money league has its draft tuesday.

1. (3) Frank Gore RB
2. (18) Pierre Thomas RB
3. (23) Greg Jennings WR
4. (38) Steve Smith WR
5. (43) Kevin Kolb QB
6. (58) Jason Witten TE
7. (63) Arian Foster RB
8. (78) Jared Allen DE
9. (83) Pierre Garcon WR
10. (98) Kirk Morrison LB
11. (103) Carson Palmer QB
12. (118) Karlos Dansby LB
13. (123) Yeremiah Bell S
14. (138) Malcom Floyd WR
15. (143) Oshiomogho Atogwe S
16. (158) New York DEF
17. (163) Osi Umenyiora DE
18. (178) Chris Cooley TE
19. (183) Fred Jackson RB
20. (198) David Buehler K

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']With the 9th pick, there's only a very outside chance of Turner falling to you. I've seen people taking Aaron Rodgers and Randy Moss in the 6-9 range, which could possibly allow Turner to drop to you. However, with the low TD scoring for QBs in your league, I wouldn't expect to see a QB in the first round of your draft. Basically, you'd have to hope a couple WRs go early.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I think my chances of landing Turner are pretty slim. And I agree; the 3 points per TD pass should scare people away from a first round QB, but there are a couple guys in our league who like to take them. One guy has taken Peyton Manning in the first round twice before, and last year Brady went 10th (we're in Massachusetts) so you never know.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']There's a definite fall-off after the first 6 RBs are taken. Is it worth taking any other RB in the first round? Stephen Jackson is possible, but don't expect many TDs from him. In my PPR mock drafts where I've been in the 8-12 slot, I've gone WR/WR/QB for the first three rounds, then scooped up quality starting RB options on the cheap in rounds 4-5. I'm just not convinced on the high-end value of any RB outside the top 4 when there are so many unproven commodities and RBBC.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this, too. If Turner and Johnson are both gone, I guess I'd maybe be looking at Rashard Mendenhall (if I decide to go RB), but he doesn't excite me. Not sure I could get myself to go WR-WR-QB in the first three rounds. Who are you getting for RBs in rounds 4-5 in those drafts?

[quote name='Danimal']
I agree with this, too. If Turner and Johnson are both gone, I guess I'd maybe be looking at Rashard Mendenhall (if I decide to go RB), but he doesn't excite me. Not sure I could get myself to go WR-WR-QB in the first three rounds. Who are you getting for RBs in rounds 4-5 in those drafts?[/QUOTE]

In 12-team mocks (I've done a bunch in the last week), these RBs have been available in rounds 4-5 or later:
Beanie Wells, Jahvid Best, Ronnie Brown, Justin Forsett, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte, Jonathan Stweart, Reggie Bush, Knowshon Moreno, Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs, Felix Jones, Marion Barber, Jerome Harrison, Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Cadillac Williams, Michael Bush, Arian Foster.

They might not knock you out, but there's definite value, especially in PPR leagues. I'd rather have two stud receivers (some combination of Randy Moss/Miles Austin/Roddy White, for example) than a second tier RB. If you play it right, there are legitimate starting RBs in the later rounds. There aren't many workhorse RBs anymore, and there are a lot of unproven guys going very early. I want the closest thing I can get to a sure thing.

But, then again, that's just my strategy/theory. Ultimately, you just want to maximize the value of each pick, and with committee running backs all over, if you miss on the big guys, I think it's worth the wait. Just don't hold me accountable :lol:

Turner has a shot, but doubtful to be there at #9. Depending who you draft with and who they want, they may be thinking of last year's down season with the injuries and the curse of "370" which he topped back in 2008 iirc. I'm drafting #5 myself and I see myself potentially passing on Turner if he's there.

Who I really want is MJD, if only because of my team name being a reference to the late RJD. :razz:

But here's something that's been on my mind. With his recent scare in training camp and the possibility of having migraines or whatever, should I take a shot on Percy Harvin if he's available later in the draft? I considered it, but now I'm not so sure.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']In 12-team mocks (I've done a bunch in the last week), these RBs have been available in rounds 4-5 or later:
Beanie Wells, Jahvid Best, Ronnie Brown, Justin Forsett, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte, Jonathan Stweart, Reggie Bush, Knowshon Moreno, Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs, Felix Jones, Marion Barber, Jerome Harrison, Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Cadillac Williams, Michael Bush, Arian Foster.

They might not knock you out, but there's definite value, especially in PPR leagues. I'd rather have two stud receivers (some combination of Randy Moss/Miles Austin/Roddy White, for example) than a second tier RB. If you play it right, there are legitimate starting RBs in the later rounds. There aren't many workhorse RBs anymore, and there are a lot of unproven guys going very early. I want the closest thing I can get to a sure thing.

But, then again, that's just my strategy/theory. Ultimately, you just want to maximize the value of each pick, and with committee running backs all over, if you miss on the big guys, I think it's worth the wait. Just don't hold me accountable :lol:[/QUOTE]
I would be thrilled to get a few of those guys in rounds 4-5. I'm mostly talking about Wells, Forsett, Harrison, and Spiller. We always seem to have someone in the league get way too excited about the hot new rookie RB in the league each year who takes him way too early. I'm thinking I might be that guy this year, because I've got a feeling Spiller may be something special, and I really want to get him. I know I'll be considering him pretty strongly as early as round 3 (unless someone else pegs him even earlier than that :lol: )

[quote name='JStryke']But here's something that's been on my mind. With his recent scare in training camp and the possibility of having migraines or whatever, should I take a shot on Percy Harvin if he's available later in the draft? I considered it, but now I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]In later rounds I think he's worth a shot. I've been wondering how much his stock is dropping in drafts because of all the migraine stuff. He's having problems with it right now, but he's dealt with them his whole life, so I think he's no more of a risk pick this year than he was last year. As a 3rd or even 4th WR, in round 8 or up, I'd roll the dice with him.

[quote name='JStryke']

But here's something that's been on my mind. With his recent scare in training camp and the possibility of having migraines or whatever, should I take a shot on Percy Harvin if he's available later in the draft? I considered it, but now I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]

In a 12-team league, Harvin will probably be going in round 5 or 6. If you have two quality WRs and don't see value at RB, he's probably worth the pick in round 6.

percy harvin dropped pretty low in my draft. i would just make sure that you have starters before you draft harvin. if hes a backup, there could be high rewards later in the season. sidney rice was taken before harvin in my draft this weekend, so yeah, his stock dropped.

yeah i can check... looks like spiller was in the 7th round. other RBs that went that round, arian foster, matt forte, jerome harrison, michael bush.

10 team league, so if youre in a 12 team league probably would be late 5th or 6th.

edit: percy harvin went in the 13th. big time drop there, but we do IDP, so he would have gone earlier if not for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot my first draft was last night, so this is what I got:

1. (7) Frank Gore RB
2. (16) Reggie Wayne WR
3. (29) Cedric Benson RB
4. (38) Marques Colston WR
5. (51) Dwayne Bowe WR
6. (60) Tony Gonzalez TE
7. (73) Jay Cutler QB
8. (82) Green Bay DEF
9. (95) Nate Kaeding K
10. (104) Justin Miller CB
11. (117) Dan Klecko DT
12. (126) Adrian Wilson S
13. (139) Morgan Trent CB
14. (148) Justin Forsett RB
15. (161) Jerome Harrison RB
16. (170) Devin Hester WR
17. (183) Lee Evans WR
18. (192) Kyle Orton QB
19. (205) Dustin Keller TE
20. (214) John Kasay K

Overall, I'm happy with what I got can definitely work with this lineup.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']
1. (3) Frank Gore RB
2. (18) Pierre Thomas RB
3. (23) Greg Jennings WR
4. (38) Steve Smith WR
5. (43) Kevin Kolb QB
6. (58) Jason Witten TE
7. (63) Arian Foster RB
8. (78) Jared Allen DE
9. (83) Pierre Garcon WR
16. (158) New York DEF
20. (198) David Buehler K[/QUOTE]

Aside from Garcon going too soon (too many people forget A Gonz was supposed to take over Marvin's role before he got hurt), I'm really digging your draft.

[quote name='JStryke']But here's something that's been on my mind. With his recent scare in training camp and the possibility of having migraines or whatever, should I take a shot on Percy Harvin if he's available later in the draft? I considered it, but now I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing to remember about Harvin: when he played, his numbers were really inconsistent week by week. Unless your league does return yardage, I'm not sure I'd trust him. Not only that, you're talking about Favre here - AP and Shiancoe get the G-line love, Rice gets (maybe not as much with the injury and Javon possibly signing) the trust. We all know Harvin can explode, but I don't think he can do it reliably week in and week out.

[quote name='Danimal']I would be thrilled to get a few of those guys in rounds 4-5. I'm mostly talking about Wells, Forsett, Harrison, and Spiller. We always seem to have someone in the league get way too excited about the hot new rookie RB in the league each year who takes him way too early. I'm thinking I might be that guy this year, because I've got a feeling Spiller may be something special, and I really want to get him. I know I'll be considering him pretty strongly as early as round 3 (unless someone else pegs him even earlier than that :lol: )[/QUOTE]

In one of my leagues he went 10th (partly because of two Bills fans), and I seen him go as the 9th pick in the 4th round (a 3-man keeper, so technically he went 1st round there, too). The thing I like about him is who he has to compete against - a career back-up and a vilified bust. Jackson hurt his hand this preseason and really was a back-up to Lynch until he got one suspension too many. Then there's Lynch. What a fucking disappointment and looks to be waiting on the Bills to trade him. Spiller continues to play well and he could be #1 by week 4 - if not sooner.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']
1. (3) Frank Gore RB
2. (18) Pierre Thomas RB
3. (23) Greg Jennings WR
4. (38) Steve Smith WR
5. (43) Kevin Kolb QB
6. (58) Jason Witten TE
7. (63) Arian Foster RB
8. (78) Jared Allen DE
9. (83) Pierre Garcon WR
16. (158) New York DEF
20. (198) David Buehler K[/QUOTE]

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
1. (7) Frank Gore RB
2. (16) Reggie Wayne WR
3. (29) Cedric Benson RB
4. (38) Marques Colston WR
5. (51) Dwayne Bowe WR
6. (60) Tony Gonzalez TE
7. (73) Jay Cutler QB
8. (82) Green Bay DEF
9. (95) Nate Kaeding K
10. (104) Justin Miller CB
11. (117) Dan Klecko DT
12. (126) Adrian Wilson S
13. (139) Morgan Trent CB
14. (148) Justin Forsett RB
15. (161) Jerome Harrison RB
16. (170) Devin Hester WR
17. (183) Lee Evans WR
18. (192) Kyle Orton QB
19. (205) Dustin Keller TE
20. (214) John Kasay K

Overall, I'm happy with what I got can definitely work with this lineup.[/QUOTE]

I like both of these teams, although I've never played IDP, so I'm not sure how to rate those picks. I have a feeling that Malcolm Floyd in the 14th for RAMSTORIA, and Justin Forsett in the 14th for evildeadjedi are going to turn out to be huge steals.

[quote name='Danimal']I like both of these teams, although I've never played IDP, so I'm not sure how to rate those picks. I have a feeling that Malcolm Floyd in the 14th for RAMSTORIA, and Justin Forsett in the 14th for evildeadjedi are going to turn out to be huge steals.[/QUOTE]

I think Malcom Floyd is going to be an excellent value pick this year, especially since it seems the Chargers don't think Jackson is worth paying.

It's more than worth paying, he's already got a 6 game suspension (two threes tacked together) and then wants the new contract after the fact? Hell, I can't blame SD, they've got Floyd (who has a better reach), Naanee is constantly improving, and Antonio mother-fucking Gates - they're solid.

VJax has done great the past couple of years, but I fear he's hit a wall with this attitude of his.

Did my yearly draft with friends again on sunday.. I HATE having so many players (2 Qbs, 3 RB. 3 WR, WR/RB, WR/TE, TE, DEF, K) ..They wanted to keep it the same as last yr (which was default by accident..will change next year regardless) I will shrink this down to 15 or so picks next year. My RBs are strong(and alot of depth), WRs decent, TE and DEF good, and My QBs not so great. What does everyone think my chances are?

Rd1- Ray Rice RB
Rd2- Ryan Matthews RB
Rd3- Shonn Greene RB
Rd4- (realizing ALL top QB's are gone) Brett Favre QB
Rd5- Steve Smith (CAR) WR
Rd6- Chad Ochocinco WR
Rd7- Eli Manning (I Know) QB
Rd8- Marion Barber RB
Rd9- Brent Celek TE
Rd10- Tj Houshmandzadeh WR
Rd11- Cj Spiller RB
Rd12- Arian Foster RB
Rd13- Derrick Mason WR
Rd14- Dez Bryant WR
Rd15- Montario Hardesty RB
Rd16- Steve Breaston WR
Rd17- Baltimore DEF
Rd18- Jason Campbell QB
Rd19- Julian Edelman WR
Rd20- Lawrence Tynes K

[quote name='Danimal']I like both of these teams, although I've never played IDP, so I'm not sure how to rate those picks. I have a feeling that Malcolm Floyd in the 14th for RAMSTORIA, and Justin Forsett in the 14th for evildeadjedi are going to turn out to be huge steals.[/QUOTE]

This is the first league I have ever played IDP as well so it should be interesting. I hope so I had a horrible time with RB's last year.

[quote name='tiddled06']Did my yearly draft with friends again on sunday.. I HATE having so many players (2 Qbs, 3 RB. 3 WR, WR/RB, WR/TE, TE, DEF, K) ..They wanted to keep it the same as last yr (which was default by accident..will change next year regardless) I will shrink this down to 15 or so picks next year. My RBs are strong(and alot of depth), WRs decent, TE and DEF good, and My QBs not so great. What does everyone think my chances are?

Rd1- Ray Rice RB
Rd2- Ryan Matthews RB
Rd3- Shonn Greene RB
Rd4- (realizing ALL top QB's are gone) Brett Favre QB
Rd5- Steve Smith (CAR) WR
Rd6- Chad Ochocinco WR
Rd7- Eli Manning (I Know) QB
Rd8- Marion Barber RB
Rd9- Brent Celek TE
Rd10- Tj Houshmandzadeh WR
Rd11- Cj Spiller RB
Rd12- Arian Foster RB
Rd13- Derrick Mason WR
Rd14- Dez Bryant WR
Rd15- Montario Hardesty RB
Rd16- Steve Breaston WR
Rd17- Baltimore DEF
Rd18- Jason Campbell QB
Rd19- Julian Edelman WR
Rd20- Lawrence Tynes K[/QUOTE]

Depends largely on match-ups and how healthy Farve and Eli stay. Very nice stable of running backs especially if they all stay healthy. The WR are decent and Housh and Smith could make some noise this year. Mason is all right and Breaston is an all or nothing guy not very consistent. If Dez Bryant pans out you could have a steal on that pick.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']This is the first league I have ever play IDP in as well so it should be interesting. I hope so I had a horrible time with RB's last year.[/QUOTE]

we (my main league, same 9 or 10 guys every year) started doing IDP 4 years ago and have loved it. adds another dimension to fantasy. and its that much better when your IPD players make the difference in your game. depending on your scoring your IDP players will be right up there with your starters in scoring. patrick willis went a few picks before i got jared allen (was pretty upset about that), but the kid is a beast, he would almost always score more than 10 points in a game. more than i can say for my #2 RB, WR, & TE would do.

[quote name='tiddled06']Did my yearly draft with friends again on sunday.. I HATE having so many players (2 Qbs, 3 RB. 3 WR, WR/RB, WR/TE, TE, DEF, K) ..They wanted to keep it the same as last yr (which was default by accident..will change next year regardless) I will shrink this down to 15 or so picks next year. My RBs are strong(and alot of depth), WRs decent, TE and DEF good, and My QBs not so great. What does everyone think my chances are?
[/QUOTE]

how many people are in your league?

Last edited by a moderator:
btw guys, you probably already know, but take Sidney Rice and move him way down your board, he is having hip surgery and supposed to miss a pretty large amount of time.

[quote name='ramstoria']we (my main league, same 9 or 10 guys every year) started doing idp 4 years ago and have loved it. Adds another dimension to fantasy. And its that much better when your ipd players make the difference in your game. Depending on your scoring your idp players will be right up there with your starters in scoring. Patrick willis went a few picks before i got jared allen (was pretty upset about that), but the kid is a beast, he would almost always score more than 10 points in a game. More than i can say for my #2 rb, wr, & te would do.

How many people are in your league?[/quote]

[quote name='icp_00_111']btw guys, you probably already know, but take Sidney Rice and move him way down your board, he is having hip surgery and supposed to miss a pretty large amount of time.[/QUOTE]
Of course he was my number 1 WR. I hope Pierre Garcon and Donald Driver can fill in for him.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Of course he was my number 1 WR. I hope Pierre Garcon and Donald Driver can fill in for him.[/QUOTE]

In short..........no.

[quote name='chimpster1313']In short..........no.[/QUOTE]
I figured, but I picked up a ton of scrub wrs because I didn't trust Sidney.
My team:
QB- Tom Brady
RB- Michael Turner
RB- Ray Rice
RB/WR- Ryan Matthews
WR- Donald Driver
WR- Pierre Garcon
TE- Jermichael Finley
OP- Chad Henne
D/ST- Packers
K- Rob Bironas
BN- Michael Bush (RB)
BN- Josh Morgan (WR)
BN- Bengals (D/ST)
BN- Golden Tate (WR)
BN- Dustin Keller (TE)
BN- Mike Thomas (WR)
BN- Legedu Naanee (WR)
BN- Jonathan Dwyer (RB)
BN- Matt Lienart (QB)
BN- Devin Thomas (WR)
IR- Sidney Rice (WR)

thats good, btw nice Rice/Turner combo, here is a list of my team.

QB-Matt Schaub
WR-Calvin Johnson
WR-Brandon Marshall
WR-Jeremy Maclin
RB-Maurice Jones-Drew
RB-Jonathan Stewart
TE-John Carlson
K-Robbie Gould
DEF-Chicago
BN-Ronnie Brown
BN-Kevin Kolb
BN-Dez Bryant
BN-Marion Barber
BN-Lee Evans
BN-Darren McFadden

[quote name='gbpackers94']Yeah but the wrs are less than stellar.[/QUOTE] Agreed but WR problems are way easier to fix than RB problems.
Your team looks quite good. You've got 6 spots that are auto-start.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I figured, but I picked up a ton of scrub wrs because I didn't trust Sidney.
[/QUOTE]

does your league have an IR slot? if so, just throw rice in there for now, pick up the top WR available (or make a trade). wait for week 1 or 2 for someone to show some signs and pick em up quick.

Yeah, that RB core will give you plenty of points throughout the season, but the WR's will definitely be hit and miss. If this is a keeper league, congrats on obtaining Golden Tate. I don't care what anyone says, that dude is going to be bank in due time.

To answer some questions: its a 12 team league, 1 keeper (michael turner), and 2 ir spots.

While sidney is injured who should be my 3 and 4 wrs?

Morgan will be the 9er's number 3 behind Crabtree and Ginn Jr (in all likelihood), but I'd still put him as your number 3. As for your 4? It's really a pick em. I say just pick whoever is up against a weak pass defense that week.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Morgan will be the 9er's number 3 behind Crabtree and Ginn Jr (in all likelihood), but I'd still put him as your number 3. As for your 4? It's really a pick em. I say just pick whoever is up against a weak pass defense that week.[/QUOTE]

Devin Thomas is supposed to be #2 behind santana moss, and as much as I dislike the redskins, I have a feeling Thomas could actually produce this year with help from mcnabb.

Also ginn is available in free agents, should I bite? If so who should I drop.

A lot of love for Ryan Matthews this year. I'm seeing him go really early and I'm always leary of taking a rookie RB in the early rounds.

[quote name='ZForce915']A lot of love for Ryan Matthews this year. I'm seeing him go really early and I'm always leary of taking a rookie RB in the early rounds.[/QUOTE]

Recently we've seen Chris johnson, ap, Joe Greene, and ray rice all explode.

[quote name='ZForce915']A lot of love for Ryan Matthews this year. I'm seeing him go really early and I'm always leary of taking a rookie RB in the early rounds.[/QUOTE]

Especially a rookie that will have some kind of split with Sproles. Much like Best and Smith in Detroit, I'm uncertain what kind of action they'll see. If it's like Rice and McGahee, who gets the goalline and who gets everything else?

[quote name='chimpster1313']Morgan will be the 9er's number 3 behind Crabtree and Ginn Jr (in all likelihood), but I'd still put him as your number 3. As for your 4? It's really a pick em. I say just pick whoever is up against a weak pass defense that week.[/QUOTE]

Ginn their #2? Nu uh. He's working to lock up the #3 receiver spot on that team. Morgan is pretty well set as their #2 guy.

got another draft tonight. its a new league with family members (brothers, nephews, in-laws etc) with a $50 buy in. so this should be pretty fun. but 7th pick instead of the 3rd means ill have a vastly different team, always makes sundays more conflicting...

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']got another draft tonight. its a new league with family members (brothers, nephews, in-laws etc) with a $50 buy in. so this should be pretty fun. but 7th pick instead of the 3rd means ill have a vastly different team, always makes sundays more conflicting...[/QUOTE]I know what you mean. The last couple years I've done a league on CAG as well as my regular league, and it seems like every weekend there's some sort of crossover, like your QB in one league is going against your DST from your other league. I think this year I'm going to just do my regular money league.

I'm curious- how many people in your family league? And how many of them have done fantasy football before? If they're all rookies at it, you could end up with a pretty sweet team and mop up. :lol:

[quote name='Danimal']I know what you mean. The last couple years I've done a league on CAG as well as my regular league, and it seems like every weekend there's some sort of crossover, like your QB in one league is going against your DST from your other league. I think this year I'm going to just do my regular money league.

I'm curious- how many people in your family league? And how many of them have done fantasy football before? If they're all rookies at it, you could end up with a pretty sweet team and mop up. :lol:[/QUOTE]

its a 10 person league, i think all of them have done fantasy football before except for one. as i expected my team is pretty different, but i did manage to get a few of the same guys, mostly non-starters. but no big deal, im not invested in this one so much like my other one. my main league we've been playing together for years, so its very competitive, we have rivalries and everything, plus its more money. also, this league is on ESPN, and im not a fan of ESPN fantasy. oh well, heres my second team.

7 Michael Turner, Atl RB
14 Ryan Grant, GB RB
27 Ryan Mathews, SD RB
34 Anquan Boldin, Bal WR
47 Steve Smith, NYG WR
54 Tony Romo, Dal QB
67 Brent Celek, Phi TE
74 Santana Moss, Was WR
87 Braylon Edwards, NYJ WR
94 Carson Palmer, Cin QB
107 Malcom Floyd, SD WR
114 Laurence Maroney, NE RB
127 Cadillac Williams, TB RB
134 Alex Smith, SF QB
147 Todd Heap, Bal TE
154 Dolphins D/ST, Mia D/ST
167 Bills D/ST, Buf D/ST
174 David Buehler, Dal K

What do you guys think about picking up Fred Taylor off the wire? Right now I'm starting Chris Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaw with Barber on the bench.

Standard scoring league, what do you guys think?

[quote name='primetime']What do you guys think about picking up Fred Taylor off the wire? Right now I'm starting Chris Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaw with Barber on the bench.

Standard scoring league, what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

who else is available? its not too bad a pick up as long as you arent counting on him doing more than filling in your bye weeks. but maroney is playing for his job, not to mention the patriots backfield is more crowded than just about any team in the league.

Personally, I hate owning any back from NE or Denver. The only time you know who's getting the start (or most carries) is when the other half dozen on the team is hurt.

Yeah, I hear you guys. I'm kinda wary of him too, but I have a bad feeling that Bradshaw is gonna end up burning me. I hope my gut feeling is wrong and he picks up where Jacobs left off a couple years ago.

As far as any other backs available, there's nothing that excites me. I think I'm gonna stay put for now, hope Bradshaw pans out, and deal either Rivers or Favre for a back if I need to pick one up later.

[quote name='primetime']Yeah, I hear you guys. I'm kinda wary of him too, but I have a bad feeling that Bradshaw is gonna end up burning me. I hope my gut feeling is wrong and he picks up where Jacobs left off a couple years ago.

As far as any other backs available, there's nothing that excites me. I think I'm gonna stay put for now, hope Bradshaw pans out, and deal either Rivers or Favre for a back if I need to pick one up later.[/QUOTE]

Straight up, hold on to both until week 4 (favre's bye) and trade him. I prefer River's schedule - and entire receiver core - for the playoff run. So I'd hang on long enough get a solid trade and worry about your week 10 replacement later - there'll be plenty of QBs left for one game.

I'm taking over a team in a keeper league, 2 of my 3 keepers are Matt Forte and Calvin Johnson, I have narrowed down the other options to:
QB Jay Cutler
TE Brent Celek
TE Visanthe Shiancoe
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Philadelphia

Thoughts? The whole roster looked like this:
QB Jay Cutler
QB Mark Sanchez
RB Tashard Choice
RB Matt Forte
RB Willis McGahee
WR Santonio Holmes