Yakuza 3 $27.99 Used at GameFly

Wellllll, if there are DLC codes included a game when it's brand new, Gamefly includes them even though the game is used. My friend bought Mass Effect 2 used from them and it came with a Cerberus code.

Im tempted but I never played any of the yakuza games. So I dont know any of the back story or if 3 is even any good.

I really hope this is one of the games on Gamefly's monthly sale. I check every day to see if its been activated yet.

Also, I got the dlc voucher with Dragon's Age, so I assume it will be included with this.

[quote name='gargus']Im tempted but I never played any of the yakuza games. So I dont know any of the back story or if 3 is even any good.[/QUOTE]
The game offers videos to watch to catch you up on the story if you never played the first two or just want a recap. I never played the first two before playing this one and watched them.

[quote name='mitnosi']The game offers videos to watch to catch you up on the story if you never played the first two or just want a recap. I never played the first two before playing this one and watched them.[/QUOTE]

So now he doesn't have an excuse. Great price for it.

[quote name='mitnosi']The game offers videos to watch to catch you up on the story if you never played the first two or just want a recap. I never played the first two before playing this one and watched them.[/QUOTE]

Does it make everything make sense though? And what do you think of the game itself? Id read reviews for it and such but not really heard from real world people who played it. It looked interesting but never was sure.

Yakuza 3 has been this price for a while now at Gamefly, ordered a copy 2 weeks ago at this price.

Anyway a heads up, my Gamefly copy DID NOT come with any sort of DLC code or card, I just checked again to make sure. However I did take a quick look around the internet, and it seems like there was supposed to be a packed-in DLC card (this is separate from the Gamestop exclusive DLC), but apparently a lot of people didn't have the card in their copies for some reason. So I don't know if either I got one of those copies, or if Gamefly copies didn't get them. In either case, if you order I would proceed under the assumption that you will not get the DLC to be on the safe side. Since I had a coupon and I'm a member at $21 shipped it was worth it for me, but may not be for others.

I do wonder about gamefly's monthly sale, as it usually starts by this time of the month. Heck, usually it owuld start about a week ago, and they would have already sent the email (which seems to go out several days after the sale starts).

Yakuza was pretty cool on PS2, but in all honestly, the lack of evolution is really holding this series back. Capcom should pony up and copy GTA more, that is the only way I see Yakuza becoming a hit.

just cause yakuza has the gangsta theme doesn't make it GTA. they are completely different. and also, it's Sega, not Capcom. ;)

bread's done
Back