Sept 2010 @Gamer Magazine Coupons ($130 in savings)

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
My store got the new @Gamer magazines in today with some pretty good coupons. All coupons are good from 8/29 - 10/2.

:360: $15 off Splinter Cell Conviction
:360::ps3: $20 off Red Dead Redemption
:ds: $15 off Dragon Quest IX: Sentinals of the Starry Skies
:psp: $20 off Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
:360::ps3: $15 off Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days
:360::ps3: $20 off Final Fantasy XIII
:wii: $15 off Metroid: Other M
:360::ps3: $10 off Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

In order to use these, you have to purchase the book @ $5.99, and be a Reward Zone Gamer's Club member (free). All coupons should be working correctly now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty decent deals surprisingly, especially on newer release titles. Will be looking forward to picking up Splinter Cell Conviction for $25.

Thanks, OP!

Think I'll pick up Dragon Quest for $20. Sticking with Amazon for $20 credit on Other M though.

I subscribed just for the coupons, so if I use coupons from 3 seperate magazines it will pay for itself vs. 3x $5.99 + tax.

[quote name='apathylad']Just to clarify, I'm a Rewards member, is that any different than the Gamer's Club?[/QUOTE]

It's free and you can sign up through the reward zone site.

[quote name='apathylad']Just to clarify, I'm a Rewards member, is that any different than the Gamer's Club?[/QUOTE]

Gamer's Club is just something you tack onto your Rewards membership. You can do it online.

[quote name='gamer5389']I was shaking my head when I first heard about having to buy @Gamer magazine for coupons but these deals are surprisingly decent.[/QUOTE]

How quickly we forget.

These deals are really no better than the deals that were offered, for free, on the bestbuy gamerzone site.

Only difference is now you're paying $20 /year for the privilege of saving money on a few titles.

I can't wait to watch the chaos when a title goes on sale during the coupon window and BestBuy refuses to honor the coupon on the Sale price -- a coupon that you paid for.

Nobody really answered your question - Gamer's Club comes (usually) with a few extra BB online coupons for games, and builds up rewards faster strictly on gaming-related purchases. As mentioned, it's free so why not?

@Daminion - Yeah, the website coupons are cool, but in all honesty, $20 off RDR > $10 off Brutal Legend.

[quote name='confoosious']What's the subscription price? $20?

God, if they would make the magazine readable at all, it'd be worth the $20.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

Metroid Other M for potentially $25-30... score. To subscribe or not to subscribe

[quote name='confoosious']What's the subscription price? $20?

God, if they would make the magazine readable at all, it'd be worth the $20.[/QUOTE]

And your basing this off the first one and only magazine they had??

I have read a handful of GI's that only belong in the trash.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']
@Daminion - Yeah, the website coupons are cool, but in all honesty, $20 off RDR > $10 off Brutal Legend.[/QUOTE]

Not if Brutal Legend goes on sale for $9.99 during the coupon window ;)

[quote name='nddave']And your basing this off the first one and only magazine they had??

I have read a handful of GI's that only belong in the trash.[/QUOTE]

Yes I am. But come on. First impressions are important.

If they took that long to launch a magazine and it was such trash, what happens when it's on a monthly deadline?

[quote name='daminion']Not if Brutal Legend goes on sale for $9.99 during the coupon window ;)[/QUOTE]
Guess this would be a bad time to point out that coupon expired?

FFXIII should drop to $20. I can feel it. . .

[quote name='manasteel88']so can I stack two coupons on top of each other?[/QUOTE]

1) 99.9% no. This is best buy. They look at you askance if you're even trying to stack their own coupons together.

2) what 2 coupons are you stacking?

[quote name='nflsonic']Pretty decent deals surprisingly, especially on newer release titles. Will be looking forward to picking up Splinter Cell Conviction for $25.

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Can't beat $1, lol.

I sent in an application to do reviews for the mag -

"I played a game that was about making toast. I love toast. Even when it's burnt... So the game must be awesome. After all, they sent it to us for free and paid us to give a good review!!! Toast rocks!!!"

Think that's good enough?

Kidding aside, the second month of coupons is not that bad... They may actually get enough subscribers to keep doing the magazine.

Blah. Only thing I would interested in is Metroid and K-Mart has a better deal anyway. Glad I decided to wait and see the next round of deals before subscribing.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes I am. But come on. First impressions are important.

If they took that long to launch a magazine and it was such trash, what happens when it's on a monthly deadline?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This whole thing is ridiculous. They are charging you $20 per year for the same stupid coupons they used to give you for free. They probably spent 4-6 months working on that first issue and that was probably the worst assembled and written magazine I have ever seen.

:360: Splinter Cell Conviction 39.99 -> 24.99
:360::ps3: Red Dead Redemption 59.99 -> 39.99
:ds: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinals of the Starry Skies 34.99 -> 19.99
:psp: Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker 39.99 -> 19.99
:360::ps3: Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days 59.99 -> 44.99
:360::ps3: Final Fantasy XIII 49.99 -> 29.99
:wii: Metroid: Other M 49.99 -> 34.99
:360::ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 59.99 -> 49.99

I went ahead and did all the math (hopefully no mistakes made).

I wonder if the $25 giftcard deal stacks with these coupons...

IMO these coupons seem much better than what was being offered online. You never saw this many top titles discounted in one month, let alone discounted this much. If they are using the fact that people are paying for this to give better deals, then I am all for it. If you payed $20 a month and got coupons for some Nerf game for the Wii, or something like we were seeing online, that might be another story.

[quote name='bojay1997']Exactly. This whole thing is ridiculous. They are charging you $20 per year for the same stupid coupons they used to give you for free. They probably spent 4-6 months working on that first issue and that was probably the worst assembled and written magazine I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Its a freaking gaming magazine not a blueprint to build a skyscraper.
When did BB ever give you a $15.00 coupon on a NEW RELEASE WII GAME? Curious..

[quote name='nddave']Its a freaking gaming magazine not a blueprint to build a skyscraper.
When did BB ever give you a $15.00 coupon on a NEW RELEASE WII GAME? Curious..[/QUOTE]

I think the coupons are great. Much better than the regular RZ Gaming coupons.

But the magazine is crap. It's hard to deny it. And as far as gaming magazines go, I actually enjoy GI so my standards are pretty low.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']The magazine is only $5.99 so I'd say it's definitely worth it.[/QUOTE]

its certainly the cheapest Ive seen DQ unless Amazon matches at some point.

Cant believe people are willing to pay for coupons. We used to get these free until jackasses started doing things like buying 74 copies of Midnight Club LA at one time.

[quote name='genfuyung']Cant believe people are willing to pay for coupons. We used to get these free until jackasses started doing things like buying 74 copies of Midnight Club LA at one time.[/QUOTE]

It probably has to do with how much they are going to save with the coupons. I have no problem spending $6 to save $20 since I'm still $14 up. Add in other coupons that people use and the savings ramp up pretty fast for just $6.

Excuse me, but I'm TOO cheap a gamer to PAY for savings!! (Unwraps Fairy Tale Fights#72 and places it in a stack.)

[quote name='nddave']Its a freaking gaming magazine not a blueprint to build a skyscraper.
When did BB ever give you a $15.00 coupon on a NEW RELEASE WII GAME? Curious..[/QUOTE]

Look, if they wanted to sell coupon books, they should just do that. Wrapping them in a crap magazine undermines the credibility of Best Buy and the people working on the magazine. Given how quickly game prices drop nowadays (i.e. Gamestop will have K&L 2 on sale for $50 starting on Friday per the ad), I'm not too impressed with $15 off a $60 game (K&L 2) or $15 off a $50 game, especially when I have to pay $20 a year to get the privilege and when I can get a $20 credit for Other M from Amazon. Given that I buy 90% of my games on Amazon anyway, that credit is as good as cash in my pocket. Can't believe that CAGs are falling for this scam.

Your complaining about free coupons (Hilarious). The coupons come FREE in the mag. The mag costs 5.99. I understand im stating the obvious

Yea but if Kane and Lynch drops in price (which it will) during the ad then getting it for $20-25 would be worth the $6 it costs for the mag of you use that and the metroid coupon it's paid for month 1

bread's done
Back