CAGcast #210: The Perfect Length

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#91 kashwashwa

kashwashwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

All I can say is thank goodness nobody from the Cagcast is a designer on Mass Effect 3. I do kinda feel where cheapy is going, but just don't think it fully fits the Mass Effect universe that well.

I think what they should do more of, is non-combat gameplay (think back to Noveria in Mass Effect 1 - I want stuff to do like this: http://guides.ign.co...3/page_116.html).

I'm just so bloody sick of being a space marine shooting the same shit over and over and over and. . .
Posted Image

#92 ditchell

ditchell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

not directly related to this specific podcast, but I'd like to congratulate Shipwreck on going from "that guy who actually uses Excel for his video game collection" to international shit stirrer on twitter. following his tweets requires popcorn. Wombat needs to step his game up.

#93 greydt

greydt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

Cheapy's "Starflight in Mass Effect world" would be great if it was for a separate game, but not actually be ME3. Based on the tone and play style of ME1 & ME2, it would be odd to have the game suddenly become exploratory in the way he described (but it might be cool to explore the ME universe in that way, in another new ME game, after the events of ME3...) - as per Wombat, I'd prefer Bioware use their resources to make the existing gameplay more refined and better, rather than suddenly introducing another mechanic.

Shipwreck - Not sure if you want to get into the Elemental: War on Magic bruhah 'cause the fanboys on the official site might hunt you down if you don't somehow love the game ;) . However, I do recommend you read into what's happening with the whole situation with that game: it's another interesting gaming cautionary tale, with some interesting elements involved (since it involves an indie dev with strong cred, the question of an unfinished game being released, the place of patching, etc.).

#94 4est

4est

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:46 AM

As far as someone purchasing games in Game Room I have bought 5 so far. H.E.R.O., River Raid, Pitfall, Megamania, and Seaquest. All great Activision games and I was happy paying 3 bucks for each of them. The new leaderboard functionality is a nice addition. Now I do agree the system does have some bugs and agree with Shipwreck's "Why does it need to exist when the Xbox Live Arcade already exists" argument, but it is a different thing and it is kind of nice to have a "house" you can decorate ala the Sims. And as far as your all's argument that if the games were bundled in a weekly pack at a discount that you would be happier I think you would just complain that the one game you wanted this week is bundled with 4-5 crappy games you don't want.