New CAG Feature: Community Lists

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

Can we fix the picture issue where you click them and they shrink to 1 pixel, so I can't click on any embedded pictures in blogs or elsewhere instead of adding lists?

What browser (and version) are you using?

#32 cdietschrun

cdietschrun

Over the Hills, Far Away

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

At work I use CentOS 5.4 (which is basically Red Hat, which again is Linux) 64 bit and I use chrome..at home I use Windows 7 64 bit and chrome also...same issue on both. Chrome related I guess?
"Where there are cardboard boxes, there will always be Solid Snake." - MGS Database

#33 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

Thanks John and Cheapy, nice to know my comments on the gamelist were taken into account and implemented.

(Here I just thought John was ignoring me. ;) I shoulda known better :D)

Kudos guys, it means a lot not being taken for granted when all someone wants to do is help, so thank you very much for taking the time and making this an even better system for everyone to use. :applause:

#34 sokmaster

sokmaster

sweep the leg

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

While browsing a list by GIDoty, my OCD kicked in regarding the cover art placement and thought I'd offer a little suggestion. Pics and comments in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

#35 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

While browsing a list by GIDoty, my OCD kicked in regarding the cover art placement and thought I'd offer a little suggestion. Pics and comments in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Cover art vertical alignment OCD? ;)

Yeah, I think it looks better. Changed.

#36 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

What about an option to view a list of all lists? Right now all we can see are the newest and the most popular - seems like the ones that fall inbetween get lost.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#37 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

Can list updates be added to the Activity Feed like the blogs (new comments on my lists, friends posting their own lists, and friends commenting on other lists)?

#38 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:07 AM

What about an option to view a list of all lists? Right now all we can see are the newest and the most popular - seems like the ones that fall inbetween get lost.

Can list updates be added to the Activity Feed like the blogs (new comments on my lists, friends posting their own lists, and friends commenting on other lists)?

Both being worked on.

#39 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:10 AM

Both being worked on.

Nice!

about.me/wsb

#40 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

Lists/list comments have been added to the activity feed.

Edit: Added new "browse lists" option to the list menu in the navbar.

Edited by John, 29 August 2010 - 10:40 AM.

#41 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

Just started using the lists and it is awesome! Thanks so much for putting all the work into this. I will definitely be adding a few lists of my own!

I do have a suggestion. I'm currently working on a list for the games I have completed in my backlog so I have a little more organized option. However, a lot of the games I play are not very common/popular and some of them are not showing up when I search for the game. It would be great to have the option of adding your own game to the list if it doesn't show up when searching.

Also, a few of the games I have searched for come up, but only for systems I don't have it on. Not really a big deal, but maybe the option to change the system would be a good idea.

Thanks again, this is going to be a lot of fun to make some lists and also see the other lists that are being created!

#42 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

Lists/list comments have been added to the activity feed.

Edit: Added new "browse lists" option to the list menu in the navbar.

Thanks, John! :D

about.me/wsb

#43 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:19 PM

Is anyone else having problems adding games to their lists right now?
It shows that I'm adding the games but when I click submit changes this appears...
Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:24 AM

I like it. I haven't used it much but I like it. Nice job.

What sucks for me is I want to make lists of upcoming games but they aren't in the database to add. I see where I can "submit game to cag", but I don't see anywhere to include the box art pics. Am I missing something? Halllp!

#45 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:35 AM

I like it. I haven't used it much but I like it. Nice job.

What sucks for me is I want to make lists of upcoming games but they aren't in the database to add. I see where I can "submit game to cag", but I don't see anywhere to include the box art pics. Am I missing something? Halllp!

Once you add the game you can upload box art.

#46 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:39 AM

Once you add the game you can upload box art.

Ok thanks for the info.

#47 GIDoty

GIDoty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:43 AM

Is there any way to save a list so I can go back to it later (make a draft list)? I messed up and posted my My Games of the Year 1994- 2010 list that was a work in progress :(

P.S. mods can u delete my list, I can't figure that out either

#48 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Is there any way to save a list so I can go back to it later (make a draft list)? I messed up and posted my My Games of the Year 1994- 2010 list that was a work in progress :(

P.S. mods can u delete my list, I can't figure that out either

Edit your list, and there's an option for "Hide/Save as Draft?" - set that to "Yes" and no-one else will be able to see it.

#49 GIDoty

GIDoty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

thanks, i didn't see that before! :applause:

#50 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

Hey I messed with it and made a list and the only (minor) annoyance I really had was in adding a new game to the database. I don't think there's an option to do that from the lists. You have to go through games and collections then to submit a game. Maybe have a link somewhere on the lists page to submit a game?