Newegg - 49.99 FS Medal of Honor Limited Edition Pre-order (PS3, 360, PC)

Comes out to the same price over at Amazon except they give you a $10 GC. So if you already have GC's or trade-ins at Amazon go there.

I am in NY so newegg is a better deal for me. I love how fast newegg ships and comes to.

I hope they fixed the stuff that was so bad in the beta for the 360. I did not like how you died it felt and looked odd. That was one of the biggest gripes people had about it.

[quote name='Rodster']Comes out to the same price over at Amazon except they give you a $10 GC. So if you already have GC's or trade-ins at Amazon go there.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure that? Even with 10% tax, it's still $5 cheaper than Amazon. Yes, you don't get a GC, but not everyone wants to deal with the whole hassle of Amazon gaming certs.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I hope they fixed the stuff that was so bad in the beta for the 360. I did not like how you died it felt and looked odd. That was one of the biggest gripes people had about it.[/QUOTE]
Played the beta on PC. Would rather shoot myself in the foot, or play C:SS. Or TF2. OR MW2.

[quote name='bojay1997']How do you figure that? Even with 10% tax, it's still $5 cheaper than Amazon. Yes, you don't get a GC, but not everyone wants to deal with the whole hassle of Amazon gaming certs.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit you guys pay 10% tax in Arnold land, ouch ! :lol:

If your paying tax on the Newegg deal it'll cost you $54.99

If your paying tax on the Amazon deal then yeah it's cheaper going the Newegg route. Did you notice I said Amazon might be better if you have store credit you can use plus you get back a $10 GC? ;)

I live in FL so I don't pay any tax. Either way i'll wait for the game to drop to $19.99 which doesn't take real long for a MOH game to do.

Thanks for posting...reminded me to cancel my $39 pre-order from the EA Store I placed back in the spring.

If there was ever a demo to convince someone NOT to buy it, this one was it...a misguided attempt to mesh Battlefield multi-player with COD styled action. I think EA must know they've got a bomb on their hands if they're already lowering the MSRP (if that's the case). And yeah, I think every copy is a "LE" like the last Battlefield game.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Hmm.. $10 price drop from MSRP, already? This game will be floating around the clearance racks/bins sooner then everyone thinks.[/QUOTE]

That's what i'm thinking too. :bouncy:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Is this one of those games where every copy is an LE?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read so far...yes.

A sale an a specific retailer is EA saying the game sucks and a MP beta is indicative of an entire game including a SP that is made by completely different people. Right then.

Had this on order from NewEgg at 56.99 but since they don't auto-change looks like I need to cancel that and re-order.

I could have sworn, only the PS3 version was an LE? I remember they made that announcement alongside the LE for Dead Space 2 at E3. I guess I misinterpreted something. I know the PS3 version is supposed to include a revamped version of MOH: Frontlines, so that's probably the exclusive.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I could have sworn, only the PS3 version was an LE? I remember they made that announcement alongside the LE for Dead Space 2. I guess I misinterpreted somethign. I know the PS3 verson is supposed to include a revamped version MOH: Frontlines, so that's probably the exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I believe EA is calling all launch copies of the game for all platforms as a LE, similar to what they did with launch copies of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 which had some early access to a couple of weapons. As far as anything additional beyond whatever the first run copies of MoH will have, the PS3 has the Frontline remake.

A sale an a specific retailer is EA saying the game sucks and a MP beta is indicative of an entire game including a SP that is made by completely different people. Right then.

Like I said, EA Store had it at $39.99 this past spring for pre-ordering. So this isn't the first "sale" as it were.

Either way, the MP beta sucking it up is enough for me to not take a chance on it even at $10 or $20 off. If the SP turns out to be great or the MP that much different (fat chance IMO), I'll gladly eat my words and buy it -- after a price drop. Which I get the feeling will happen sooner than later given the largely negative reaction most had to the MP beta.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']When was the last MoH game that was actually good?[/QUOTE]

I remember when MOH came out it was strictly for the PC and that was awesome! Then again that was a longgggg time ago.

I played one on either the PSX or PS2 (memory is shot) and thought to myself, "What the $&#@ happened here?". Needless to say, I haven't picked up the title since. This game won't be an exception.

Too many of these publishers are pushing titles too quickly and not letting their developers "do their thing" and thus creating garbage that seems like the last FPS. EA is losing it big time.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I remember when MOH came out it was strictly for the PC and that was awesome! Then again that was a longgggg time ago.

I played one on either the PSX or PS2 (memory is shot) and thought to myself, "What the $&#@ happened here?". Needless to say, I haven't picked up the title since. This game won't be an exception.

Too many of these publishers are pushing titles too quickly and not letting their developers "do their thing" and thus creating garbage that seems like the last FPS. EA is losing it big time.[/QUOTE]

MoH was actually a PS1 series for a couple of games before the first PC title came out which was the same year Frontline came out for PS2 in 2002. I never got around to playing the PC versions but I enjoyed the console games at the time. I don't think they have aged well at all however.

I enjoyed the pc and older psx games oh MOH. The beta for 360 was plagued badly but there was something i enjoyed in it playing with friends. I do not think they will have enough time to fix enough things. I put the preorder there just in case i am bored and nothing to play when it is about to come out. I doubt i will keep the preorder but safer to leave it idle for now just in case.

I hope they fix issues with this game cause there was a lot of fun i had in MP on the 360. The way people die was just ticking me off so much. But i did put about 25 hours into the beta and shocked i kept playing it that long. It has something special but man it is plagued to death.

I believe this will hit rock bottom cause the beta hype killed this so bad. I never in my gaming life see a game get so bashed and hated from a beta/demo they put out to the public. I used to beta test for sony and man nothing was bad as this. I guess MS demanded them to fix a lot of bugs before they put it on live. The pc beta was just downright bad.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']When was the last MoH game that was actually good?[/QUOTE]

MOH: Frontline was and is one of my favorite PS2 games. Of course, there was no multiplayer, so all the love was on the campaign, and it showed.

Based on the videos I have seen, this game looks like its going to be pretty damn good. That being said, I'm still gonna wait on reviews to decide whether or not I'm going to pick it up. Nice find tho, OP.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Based on the videos I have seen, this game looks like its going to be pretty damn good. That being said, I'm still gonna wait on reviews to decide whether or not I'm going to pick it up. Nice find tho, OP.[/QUOTE]

Trust me the videos make this game look amazing and plays the same. If i got the cash when it comes out i will leave this preorder going. I know i would regret buying at even this price cause this will most likely drop down to $20-$30 within a few weeks maybe a month max. The rep this game got has to be the lowest i seen ever. This is good for the people like myself that would grab it so cheap. I guess i made up my mind i will wait for the drop in price on this one. The exclusive guns were in the beta and i could live without them.

They've already been posting new MP videos with things fixed that people complained about in the beta. I was hoping this could be the game that MW2 wasn't, so I'm gonna preorder anyway.

[quote name='gantt']MOH: Frontline was and is one of my favorite PS2 games. Of course, there was no multiplayer, so all the love was on the campaign, and it showed.[/QUOTE]

Without a freaking doubt. That game was epic.

Was the MP beta really that bad? DICE developed the MP portion of the game. I have a hard time believing that it's going to be a complete dud.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Without a freaking doubt. That game was epic.

Was the MP beta really that bad? DICE developed the MP portion of the game. I have a hard time believing that it's going to be a complete dud.[/QUOTE]

It played like ass. Like Battlefield's old leftovers.

Here's hoping they massively overhauled the beta...but I will rent before buying.

DICE is one of the most bizarrely overrated Multiplayer developers. Medal of Honor is where I hope they get called out for it, as the beta, like most other DICE, was a mess.

I hope the game's singleplayer is good. That said, I think I'll hold off. The SP is what interests me and it being "marked down" to $50 on PC doesn't seem low enough for that.

Given EA past history (BFBC2, ME2, DAO, Deadspace, Dante's Inferno), this game will be $30 regular price in 3-6 months (probably just a little while after Holiday 2010 is over). Hell, I imagine there'll be a Steam sale on it during the infamous Steam Black Friday Everything Must Go Now Now Now Sale.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Did the Beta on PC and didn't like the gameplay at all. I was expecting FPS. As an RTS it was boring.[/QUOTE]

I didn't play the beta, so MoH is an RTS and not a FPS? Feck that i'll pass. :bomb:

[quote name='lllGurulll']Did the Beta on PC and didn't like the gameplay at all. I was expecting FPS. As an RTS it was boring.[/QUOTE]
Uh, what?

lllGurulll I just watched the Gamescom: Conference demo and I don't know why you say it's an RTS so i'll have whatever you're having. :lol:

The game actually looks very cool, you're in an Apache helicopter blowing shit up. :cool:

I might get it now, well after the price drop that is. :)

Does anyone know if Amazom would match this deal? I know they didn't match the Walmart $20 e-card deal.

I haven't played the beta. But holy crap, all this time I thought the new developing team Danger Close or whoever was in charge of the multi-player and not the other way around. There's no excuse if that's the case.

Yeah, I really loved Bad Company and its sequel. I mean, maybe you can argue they are "overrated" in the sense that both games get a lot of praise and perhaps some people don't think they deserve that much attention. But in the end, both games had really damn good MP portions. I think it's hard to say otherwise. Just look at the reviews and the sales. They must have been doing something right.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I remember when MOH came out it was strictly for the PC and that was awesome! Then again that was a longgggg time ago.[/QUOTE]IIRC, the guys who made MOH: Allied Assault on the PC went on to form Infinity Ward.

[quote name='Thrinn']IIRC, the guys who made MOH: Allied Assault on the PC went on to form Infinity Ward.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The guys that were at 2033 decided they wanted to control their own destiny, hopped into bed with a pre-Blizzard Activision, and thumbed their noses at EA, the sweat shop running bad guys that were to famously be accused of working their programmers to death for peanuts.

Fast forward to 2010 and you have a conspiracy by Blizzard-Activision to control their destiny, deprive them of the bonuses they were owed, and when they refused to bow to the Kotick (Ruler of the Unholy Blizzard-Activision Imperium), they were tossed out so that Activision could retake control of the Call of Duty franchise. What was a Kotick to do? Guitar Hero had tanked because they bought the company who owned the name, but not the company that made the game awesome. DJ Hero was a dismal failure because people didn't want yet another peripheral. This also killed the last Tony Hawk game with its horrible peripheral and even more horrible game.

The Kotick could not lose control of the Call of Duty franchise and they certainly could not let Infinity Ward alone have rights to every CoD game set after Vietnam like they had foolishly agreed before IW was set to making CoD:MW2.

So the heads of IW had to go. It is no coincidence that as soon as they were gone, Treyarch's new bastard child started blowing up the gaming news sites.

And the heads of Infinity Ward? Back in bed with their ex, EA, working now under the same EA Partners umbrella that lured in id (originally for Rage before it was bought by Bethesda), Epic (and Bulletstorm), and Insomniac.

Now EA is the last, best hope for honorable profit in the industry against a tyrannical overlord who sees the gaming industry as nothing but a variant of the soap industry.

Think about that the next time you're buying a $20 flying mount off the Blizzard WoW site, a $10 lil kt, an overpriced CoD map pack that includes old maps from yesteryear, or a pack of songs for Guitar Hero. You're funding the man who wants to take all the fun out of gaming.

Meanwhile, the heads of Infinity Ward are FINALLY in control of their own destiny. It only took them to EA, to Activision, and then back to EA to get there.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Yes. The guys that were at 2033 decided they wanted to control their own destiny, hopped into bed with a pre-Blizzard Activision, and thumbed their noses at EA, the sweat shop running bad guys that were to famously be accused of working their programmers to death for peanuts.

Fast forward to 2010 and you have a conspiracy by Blizzard-Activision to control their destiny, deprive them of the bonuses they were owed, and when they refused to bow to the Kotick (Ruler of the Unholy Blizzard-Activision Imperium), they were tossed out so that Activision could retake control of the Call of Duty franchise. What was a Kotick to do? Guitar Hero had tanked because they bought the company who owned the name, but not the company that made the game awesome. DJ Hero was a dismal failure because people didn't want yet another peripheral. This also killed the last Tony Hawk game with its horrible peripheral and even more horrible game.

The Kotick could not lose control of the Call of Duty franchise and they certainly could not let Infinity Ward alone have rights to every CoD game set after Vietnam like they had foolishly agreed before IW was set to making CoD:MW2.

So the heads of IW had to go. It is no coincidence that as soon as they were gone, Treyarch's new bastard child started blowing up the gaming news sites.

And the heads of Infinity Ward? Back in bed with their ex, EA, working now under the same EA Partners umbrella that lured in id (originally for Rage before it was bought by Bethesda), Epic (and Bulletstorm), and Insomniac.

Now EA is the last, best hope for honorable profit in the industry against a tyrannical overlord who sees the gaming industry as nothing but a variant of the soap industry.

Think about that the next time you're buying a $20 flying mount off the Blizzard WoW site, a $10 lil kt, an overpriced CoD map pack that includes old maps from yesteryear, or a pack of songs for Guitar Hero. You're funding the man who wants to take all the fun out of gaming.

Meanwhile, the heads of Infinity Ward are FINALLY in control of their own destiny. It only took them to EA, to Activision, and then back to EA to get there.[/QUOTE]
Cool story, bro.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow'](words) Now EA is the last, best hope for honorable profit in the industry against a tyrannical overlord who sees the gaming industry as nothing but a variant of the soap industry. (words)[/QUOTE]

No. There is another....

LOL. I'm going to assume that pablum was tongue-in-cheek, in which case it was masterful.

bread's done
Back