Space Invaders Extreme 2 - $4.99 New, $8.99 Used (Not Available Online)

Sweet, the sight says it's in my area too. May have to get it. Been looking for some fresh entertainment while waiting in lines at PAX.

Very nice find, OP. Just about every GS in the nation should have a few of these in stock right now so every CAG boy & girl can get one.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Second game is better and a lot more balanced but try this one if you really want a challenge.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the 2 mean this one IS the second?

[quote name='Donut2922']Damnit I don't have Nintendo DS - I have PSP![/QUOTE]

Not having a system has never stopped a CAG from buying a game before.

Website says my 3 nearest stores have copies.

I travel to the store at opening, and their internal system says none of the 3 have copies. Thanks, Gamestop.com!

I just sold my DS on craigslist for 4 times what I paid for it, however I will be picking this up today most likely considering I have about $3 in store credit left on my EDGE card.

If Nintendo releases the 3DS next year, I'll try to find a deal on a DS XL for Black Friday, otherwise I'll wait for the 3DS if it's released this year.

[quote name='msdmoney']Not having a system has never stopped a CAG from buying a game before.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Think of it as an investment.

I don't have a 360 yet, but I have 34 games for it. Why? They were all $10 or less. Most of those games haven't been at a price that low ever again, so if I waited until I had the system I would be LOSING money.

Picked up a brand new, sealed copy for $5. Gamestop cashier was surprised to see a good game so cheap, and said he was going to buy the gutted copy.

Alright, I managed to grab the only copy out of the two stores. The guy who rung me up looked surprised at the price and the person who found it said with dismay (only because it's her job) there might only be a new copy in stock, not used.

edit: the copy I got was opened, but for the price I'm not complaining since it's cheaper than the used price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='offensive_jerk']I got a opened copy... This is really enraging me that Gamestop sells "new" products that have been opened.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for originality. I have never ever heard of this happenning before...

Thanks OP. I got one at a store near me. It is new/sealed and I had to ask about it since there wasn't a gutted copy on the shelf, and she pulled it out of a drawer below the register. She also was surprised at the price and said something about it being a good game.

What would really be ironic (since the "new" price of Space Invaders 2 is lower than the "used" price) is if Gamestop suddenly decides to sell the gutted copies of this as USED.

;-)

Thanks OP...was originally told that they didn't have one in stock, until I found one on the shelves. Guy said that he thought I wanted a used copy, and was very surprised at the new price when he rang it up...sweet deal!

Rich

[quote name='offensive_jerk']I got a opened copy... This is really enraging me that Gamestop sells "new" products that have been opened.[/QUOTE]

Wait.

What?

Oh, my God. My world is turned upside down! Black is east, up is white! Why hasn't anyone mentioned this sooner?!

[quote name='Plinko']Website says my 3 nearest stores have copies.

I travel to the store at opening, and their internal system says none of the 3 have copies. Thanks, Gamestop.com![/QUOTE]

The store availability on the website only updates at 8 every morning, so they could have been all gone when you read it to begin with. It's not their fault, though, any store's website inventory locator is crap, it's just a pretty inexact science.

You should always ask, though, because they're not above hiding copies for themselves behind the desk. I had the manager himself hoarding a Baldur's Gate 2 once; I couldn't find it on the shelf so I asked and he laughed it off as a "tall order" until I mentioned the thing said it was in stock, at which point he magically found the store's one copy behind the counter.

Picked up the last "new" copy at my local store yesterday. Still had the $19.99 sticker on it. The girl slapped one of those clear GameDays sticker over the opening....why exactly?

Either way, $5 for a great game is a no-brainer, even if it means putting up with random GS bs.

Thanks OP! Managed to pick up a copy this morning at my local GS. For some reason they gutted both copies of the game that they had on hand so I couldn't get a sealed one, but for $5.49 I can't complain...too much.

$15 at my local Gamestop. No thanks. :whistle2:( I want the game but not for $15 when others are getting it for $5. I'll check some other GStops in the future.

[quote name='battra92']$15 at my local Gamestop. No thanks. :whistle2:( I want the game but not for $15 when others are getting it for $5. I'll check some other GStops in the future.[/QUOTE]

Did you have them scan it in the register? Since this was a price drop today they probably haven't had time to change the price sticker.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Did you have them scan it in the register? Since this was a price drop today they probably haven't had time to change the price sticker.[/QUOTE]

This needs to be the CAG slogan right under the logo up top.
"Cheap Ass Gamer: Scan the damn game!"

There are so many threads in which people claim the price "isn't the same at their store" when it was really just a matter of outdated tags and laziness.

[quote name='Keirnoth']This stage is hella hard to get to too.[/QUOTE]

I'd understand if it was on Extreme difficulty but you can just as easily BS through Normal to reach 5-D.

bread's done
Back