• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 WillGabriel

WillGabriel

The One And Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

found it at a garage sale for 10 bucks. talked her down to$4

sold it at pawn shop 20 min later for $55 8-)

Great profit, but you nonetheless made a very bad deal for yourself at the pawn shop. =\

#32 evanders

evanders

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

i know but that bought me dinner and a movie for my date so no big

#33 babbayagga

babbayagga

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:56 AM

Shut this fucking retarded thread down.

#34 chimp69

chimp69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:13 AM

RFD forums are clean? Get real. 99% of posts are from trolls and mahjongmaniac.

lol, cuz its true... We officially have 3 mjm haterz on here.

#35 saetia

saetia

Skyrim 11/11/11

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

We have petitioned for a mod for a long time but I don't believe CAG cares.

RFD forums are clean? Get real. 99% of posts are from trolls and mahjongmaniac.

If anything it's hard to find the good deals due to hundreds of reposts and utter garbage "deals".

RFD?

RFD (magazine), a magazine for rural gay men

wat.
NieR = my GotY.

#36 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:38 PM

That's Red Flag Deals. The biggest deal site/forums out there for Canadians.
Posted Image

#37 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

It won't, they can't get the license for the original music because they didn't have permission to use it in the game when it released and they don't want to change it to be able to release it.

They wrote the music. They don't need to get licenses for their own work. And they didn't use any complete songs that they would need to get permission for in the game. If you're talking about those supposed issues with the game's music referencing/sampling other songs, then those are rumours, and they don't make sense anyway. The game doesn't use straight samples, it uses short synthesized/chiptune snippets in homage/parody of certain pop songs. This is fair use. Even if it weren't fair use, the game has been out for well over a decade, and there are apparently no complaints about it in Japan, where copyright infringement laws still exist. Any excuse for the game not coming out that involves the music is nothing more than smoke and mirrors by either Nintendo of America or fans who want an excuse so they can imagine they have closure.

Also, braggan', I got a cart-only copy (in good shape) for only $35 at a Play & Trade last summer. Keep hitting those yard sales and/or keep your eyes peeled and hope you get lucky. Or if you can't be patient, do like the others have said and bite the bullet.

#38 dossantosc

dossantosc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:30 PM

Well guys, i sort of bit the bullet today as i sent $80 through paypal to for the game!

i think its a good deal considering the game is in mint condition, the saves work, and the guys is including the original box...

i really couldnt care less for the box but im told its all worth a lot more the more the game comes intact and complete!

would have prefered the Guide! let me know if anyone has it...LOL!

cheers!

Were all free to discuss some more or the mods could just close this thread...

double cheers!

#39 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

No mods here and congrats for your purchase.

#40 mission42

mission42

To start, press any key

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:30 AM

They wrote the music. They don't need to get licenses for their own work. And they didn't use any complete songs that they would need to get permission for in the game. If you're talking about those supposed issues with the game's music referencing/sampling other songs, then those are rumours, and they don't make sense anyway. The game doesn't use straight samples, it uses short synthesized/chiptune snippets in homage/parody of certain pop songs. This is fair use. Even if it weren't fair use, the game has been out for well over a decade, and there are apparently no complaints about it in Japan, where copyright infringement laws still exist. Any excuse for the game not coming out that involves the music is nothing more than smoke and mirrors by either Nintendo of America or fans who want an excuse so they can imagine they have closure.

Hmm, you live and you learn. I just checked another site and it just lists it as a potential problem along with other ones they already had. Maybe Nintendo is just being proactive in this case.

http://earthboundcen...d-legal-issues/
Posted Image

#41 IceBlueShoes

IceBlueShoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:07 AM

Not to be a troll but I don't get what the big deal is about this game.
I admit I've never played it but their are cough *other* cough ways to play the game for a MUCH better price.
Nintendo's own fault if they don't release it and lose out on $$$ to be made. If they wanted it bad enough, they would hammer out a deal, but the truth is they don't care.
Posted Image
Mr.Mosquito, where art thou? :whee::pray:

#42 mastagoalie

mastagoalie

long live games and 420

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

back in 99 at sears in lincoln park michigan, I got 2 copies at 5 dollars a piece and didn't really wanna sell it, but put it up on ebay, for penny no reserve and it sold for 240, person was a douche and said they didn't wanna pay, but did.
-Masta

#43 EarthBound Sucks

EarthBound Sucks

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

Earthbound!?!?! Nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#44 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

I never got why the game is loved so much. Not that I want to be too pessimistic, but there are much better playing RPGs out there, even from Nintendo themselves.

#45 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

^ I'm guessing because it's somewhat rare (especially a brand new copy).