Super Mario All Stars - New Print Run Shipping in March

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#1 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

Via Kotaku Super Mario All Stars a Wii release for Mario's 25th?

Update October 21st release date in Japan

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=286828

Edited by foltzie, 16 February 2011 - 01:53 AM.

#2 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

wonder if they can release this in time for the 25th anniversary of Mario in the US

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

Already have Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World from Virtual Console. Don't really need to buy this over the remaining ones. Although a cool idea, doubt I will be purchasing it.

Anyone else think they may pull a New Super Mario Bros Wii and just update the graphics on everything?

#4 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

Anyone else think they may pull a New Super Mario Bros Wii and just update the graphics on everything?

No.

I doubt this will even come to the states.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

Don't worry it's Mario, it'll come here.

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#6 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:30 AM

Meh, the music on Mario All-Stars for SNES is annoying as all hell, and I strongly prefer the graphics on the original NES to the remade graphics on the SNES, particularly in the case of Super Mario Brothers 3

#7 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:02 AM

Super Mario All-Stars and the GBC Mario 1 are prime examples of old Nintendo vs. new Nintendo. In the 90s, you got robust, feature-filled ports and remakes. Beginning with the GBA, though, just look at the pitiful ports. All those Mario Advance games should have been in one All-Stars style cartridge. The NES/Famicom Classics series carts of Mario 1 and 2 (or Lost Levels, not released on the GBA here) are pitiful, too. They're straight up ports. Not even a decade earlier they included both games in one cart with a loving translation to the GBC and included all sorts of other crazy stuff. It's shameful.

That being said, I'd pick this All-Stars thing up if it comes out stateside on disc. The SNES All-Stars cart literally provided me years of gameplay when I was a kid. It's one of my favorite games.
Boycotting Digital Press for blatant anti-Semitism.

#8 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:02 AM

You still got Metroid Zero Mission, which has the original NES Metroid as an unlockable.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#9 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

I'll be picking up Mario All Stars if they bring it out here; I still don't have it for SNES.
Posted Image

#10 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

If they update the graphics to NSMBWii style I'd be in but otherwise I'll pass. I already have all of these games for the NES and I have the All-Stars cart for the SNES and most of the GBA ports too. I certainly don't need to buy these games again.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#11 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

This game came with my SNES back in the day. It was a great compilation, especially as a pack-in. I'd buy it for $20 if they include super mario world. If its just 1-3 and Lost Levels, I'd pass.
To each his own.

#12 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

Super Mario All-Stars and the GBC Mario 1 are prime examples of old Nintendo vs. new Nintendo. In the 90s, you got robust, feature-filled ports and remakes. Beginning with the GBA, though, just look at the pitiful ports. All those Mario Advance games should have been in one All-Stars style cartridge. The NES/Famicom Classics series carts of Mario 1 and 2 (or Lost Levels, not released on the GBA here) are pitiful, too. They're straight up ports. Not even a decade earlier they included both games in one cart with a loving translation to the GBC and included all sorts of other crazy stuff. It's shameful.

That being said, I'd pick this All-Stars thing up if it comes out stateside on disc. The SNES All-Stars cart literally provided me years of gameplay when I was a kid. It's one of my favorite games.

SMA4 (SMB3), was sadly, overlooked, because its best improvements relied on the novel, but really useless, e-Reader, which added extra levels and elements from all of the games plus a few additions of its own.

#13 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

You still got Metroid Zero Mission, which has the original NES Metroid as an unlockable.

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

#14 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

SMA4 (SMB3), was sadly, overlooked, because its best improvements relied on the novel, but really useless, e-Reader, which added extra levels and elements from all of the games plus a few additions of its own.

Yeah, I know about the e-reader junk, but I'd rather not jump through my own butthole for some stuff that a good ROM hack can do better. Ever play Super Mario Adventure? It's awesome.

#15 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:07 AM

But Metroid sucks. I consider it Gunpei Yokoi's worst creation, even beating the Virtual Boy.

Congrats. This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet.

#16 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

suuuppppaaa Mario

now off to go watch my super mario super show dvds
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#17 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:23 AM

Awww come'on! The Virtual Boy immersed the player in the game so much that it gave them SEIZORS! Metroid can't compete with that! :roll:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 F-Zero

F-Zero

Show me your moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

it just better not come in one of those pile of shit eco cases.

#19 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

My SNES is in a box somewhere, so I'd check this out.

#20 ThatAwesome1

ThatAwesome1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

I don't have this game for SNES, so why not?

#21 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

I'd like to see how nice the book thing and CD soundtrack is. This easily could be something very nice and collectible.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#22 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

No.

I doubt this will even come to the states.

Honestly I would be surprised if it doesn't come out in the states, it would almost be guaranteed to sell a few million copies in the US and would be pretty much all profit compared to other games.
Posted Image

#23 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure why the assumption would be that this wouldn't come to the states. I mean, this isn't some weird, abstract concept like Captain Rainbow that Americans wouldn't get. It's a collector's set for four Mario games that have consistently sold well over and over again.

We'll get this. I'd only be concerned with getting ripped off with the extra items, but I'm sure they wouldn't skimp us like that.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#24 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:32 AM

This does seem like an easy sell or easy packing in to buff up the Wii set for another Christmas.

#25 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

If they release Super Mario All-Stars as a retail product I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but I'm done with Virtual Console until they at least fix their DRM.

Does anyone else feel like the control was off in All Stars though? It didn't feel right to me back in the day, though I adjusted. At any rate, back in 1993 or whatever it was just too soon, but now? Eh, what the heck, I already have two copies of Super Mario Bros. 3, why not go for a third? :-D
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#26 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hope the retailer MSRP $29.99 instead $39.99 & UP :)
"Evil is Funs"

#27 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

I'll buy this on Day 1, even though I own all of these as on NES/GB/etc.

I really hope we get the e-reader stuff included... I was never able to play that.

#28 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:43 AM

The eReader stuff was for the GBA Super Mario Bros. 3 release so far as I know, so wouldn't be in this.

I wouldn't object to having that either though...I mean new SMB3 content's never a bad thing.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
[LIST]

Posted Image

#29 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:54 AM

Spoiler

#30 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:18 AM

Whoa, I missed this. Hey, I won't fault you for it, there's plenty of popular stuff I've hated, but which games have you played, and why did you dislike them? Did you hate Symphony of the Night too?
[LIST]

Posted Image