Duke Nukem Forever discussion - Out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
[youtube]96PdhHZC7j8[/youtube]

Originally in development for countless years by 3D Realms, Duke Nukem Forever is now being completed by GearBox Software, the creators of Borderlands. It will be published by 2K Software.

Duke-Nukem-Forever-Balls-Of-Steel-Edition-Detailed.jpg

Previews

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant wait.. I was a huge fan of the older games and always wanted to get my hands on Forever but it never came out... I'm gonna have my chance come 2011..... FINALLY

Can't wait! I love DN and the fact that this game will finally be playable (and not the butt of every video game joke lol) is great news!

Anyone else that likes Hey Ash Whatcha Playin' think that this is the game that Anthony Burch is writing for?

Edit: Nevermind, he confirmed via Twitter that this wasn't what he was working on. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
If I run out of bubblegum then I can really see myself having to buy this game when it's released. It's almost gotten to the point where it was such an impossibility that even if it's sub-par it'd be worth the buy.

Here's hoping it's good.

hopefully it doesnt turn out to be generic

i'm not sure what about DNF hasn't already been done.

with halo reach and black ops, they're going to have a hell of a time getting the console audience to play DNF. hell i bet the majority of xbox gamers will not know where Duke Nukem originated (partially because many of them are 13 or younger, and weren't playing computer games during the golden age, or weren't even born yet).

that being said, ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!

Looks alright, not ridiculously amazing though. Then again we still are yet to see barely any of the features so.......

[quote name='Phelmo']Looks alright, not ridiculously amazing though. Then again we still are yet to see barely any of the features so.......[/QUOTE]

lol? It was like the intro boss fight; there was hardly enough there to say anything about the game.

[quote name='Phelmo']Looks alright, not ridiculously amazing though. [/QUOTE]

If you set your expectations too high you will undoubtedly be disappointed. So instead, try to dial it back and just be excited that a new Duke game is coming from a good developer.

2K has announced that those who purchase the Game of the Year Edition of Borderlands will receive a membership to the Duke Nukem First Access Club, giving purchasers a key to an early playable demo of Duke Nukem Forever.

The key will also provide users with a “wealth of goodies”.

No word on what the extra goodies are, or when the demo will be made available, but it will be released “prior to the retail launch of the game” in 2011.

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition ships on October 12 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 and includes all four bits of DLC.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/05/duke-nukem-forever-demo-key-included-with-borderlands-goty-purchase/

That's fuckin' low!

Haha dang eastx! I made a DNF thread here last week, surprised thinking no one had yet, but you got the jump on it so early it just practically disappeared!

Duke Nukem is by far considered a classic now it was a great game but, you have to consider the graphic transformation we only know duke as a piece of cardboard. Im curious to see whether or not they can pull it off and bring him to the modern day gamer and still kick ass and chew bubble gum that is if he has any.

[quote name='eastx']If you set your expectations too high you will undoubtedly be disappointed. So instead, try to dial it back and just be excited that a new Duke game is coming from a good developer.[/QUOTE]

What are appropriate expectations for a game that took 14 years to develop?

[quote name='Survivalism']What are appropriate expectations for a game that took 14 years to develop?[/QUOTE]

Ones just slightly higher than what you expected out of Prey.

[quote name='Survivalism']What are appropriate expectations for a game that took 14 years to develop?[/QUOTE]

If you think that each additional year of development adds more quality, you're naive. The game had extremely troubled development. Plus it's been passed on to a new developer. Gearbox surely will produce a good game, but it's not going to be 7 times better than any other FPS just because it took 7 times longer to create.

The game does look pretty amazing but I cant see what kind of multiplayer you can have with such powerful guns....Im thinking its going to be pretty dull! If your in it for the single player I think it may be worth the money but if your looking for an online game I think youd better hold off!

[quote name='vlad86']The game does look pretty amazing but I cant see what kind of multiplayer you can have with such powerful guns....Im thinking its going to be pretty dull! If your in it for the single player I think it may be worth the money but if your looking for an online game I think youd better hold off![/QUOTE]

This game's rooted in the golden age of FPS games where guns were overpowered and tactics involved running around in the open, strafing a lot, and holding down your trigger finger. Don't set your expectations beyond that and you'll be OK. BFBC2, etc. will still satisfy your desire to use cover and more complex squad tactics.

That said, I never even played Duke Nukem 3D online once as I'm pretty sure it didn't support TCP/IP, so you had to pay a monthly fee for the TEN network. Even if DNF didn't have MP, I wouldn't be too bummed.

Duke Nukem 3D was a blast on MP. I remember playing the football stadium map and getting the jet pack. Was funny to fly up so high you couldn't be seen and start raining down fire on your fellow players.

[quote name='Clak']Duke Nukem 3D was a blast on MP. I remember playing the football stadium map and getting the jet pack. Was funny to fly up so high you couldn't be seen and start raining down fire on your fellow players.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the XBLA version of DN3D supports MP so I'd love to try it out, but I wonder if anyone plays it still? I don't own a copy as I've missed all of its sales.

I don't care how long they wind up delaying this, I would rather have it be good. I have a millions games to play anyhow.

[quote name='wakawakawa']I don't care how long they wind up delaying this, I would rather have it be good. I have a millions games to play anyhow.[/QUOTE]

Same. I have a huge backlog and I'm willing to wait another month and some days for the release. Still need to purchased both Dukes on XBLA.

[quote name='Pirate331']Could you wait another 12 years?[/QUOTE]

:)

Gearbox is doing it. Borderlands turned out well and some of the Gearbox guys actually worked at 3d Realms at some point. I assume the game isn't cursed and that they will be able to bring it out by winter 2011 at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back