Playstation 3 Move Poll - Vote Now

raistlin

CAGiversary!
Sony is offering up a variety options to purchase the new PS3 Move hardware, do you have any interest in buying this stuff, and if so what are your plans?

Edit:

Here's a list of the 54 Move titles (thanks KillerRamen)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ayStation_Move

There will be 11 demos on the Demo Disk that comes with the Sports Champions Bundle and the 320gb Console Bundle.

Beat Sketcher
echochrome ii
EyePet
Kung Fu Rider
Sports Champions
Start the Party!
The Shoot
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
Time Crisis: Razing Storm
Tumble
TV Superstars

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...demos-exposed/

Lastly Sony has recently launched a site dedicated for the Move, which can be found here - http://www.yaybuttons.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
the move bundles so far suck imo. i liked what i saw with that magic game during e3 but i dont see the value in move for me.they really ought to bundle the camera, wand and directional dealy in one 100 bundle.

I'm not into motion controllers at all; I hate the Wii. But if a really really interesting game comes out in the future and the price of the Move is right, I'll consider buying it.

If I wanted to play games with motion controls I'd get a Wii system. I've turned off the SixAxis controls wherever possible in EVERY game I've owned that had them.

If the game didn't have the ability to switch to the analog sticks for full control, then they got immediately returned to the store.

Aw c'mon cheapest, why would you buy a $200 system for crappy waggle and SD graphics (you got your HD display now afterall)? If you got the PS Eye already, you just need to pay $50 + a game to try it out.

Anyway, I wish they'd have some better bundles for people who already have the PS Eye. Like 1 motion controller, 1 nav controller, and 1 game (no camera). But I guess it doesn't matter, I don't really care about Move sports or whatever it is. I just want Time Crisis and Sorcery, so $50 PS Move controller and $30 it is for me. I'm going to wait and see if there's a deal though before I buy.

[quote name='jh6269']Aw c'mon cheapest, why would you buy a $200 system for crappy waggle and SD graphics (you got your HD display now afterall)? If you got the PS Eye already, you just need to pay $50 + a game to try it out.

Anyway, I wish they'd have some better bundles for people who already have the PS Eye. Like 1 motion controller, 1 nav controller, and 1 game (no camera). But I guess it doesn't matter, I don't really care about Move sports or whatever it is. I just want Time Crisis and Sorcery, so $50 PS Move controller and $30 it is for me. I'm going to wait and see if there's a deal though before I buy.[/QUOTE]

I imagine if the Move is successful Sony will probably release a larger variety of bundles to accommodate more people. Prices will go down etc etc. Personally I've been PC gaming for a while, so the full console bundle is perfect for me.

[quote name='Jodou']There's a reason I don't own a Wii and it's not just shitty games.[/QUOTE]

I don't own a Wii anymore because the controls weren't 1x1. It felt really laggy and contrived or gimmicky. I'm still not entirely convinced the Move won't have lag, as some of the videos I've seen seem to show a delay between what the person is doing and what is being shown on-screen. But I may be willing to give it a try, people are claiming that Socom actually plays better with the Move hardware. There is even a debate going on as to what developers are going to do when Move owners have an advantage over standard controller owners.

[quote name='raistlin']I'm still not entirely convinced the Move won't have lag, as some of the videos I've seen seem to show a delay between what the person is doing and what is being shown on-screen.[/QUOTE]

There is lag with all 3 technologies, according to what I read. I think that Ars Technica link I posted in the other Move thread says that. However, they did mention that some games have more lag than others (on the PS Move). So there is a chance that it's just a coding thing that can be perfected over time.

I really liked my Wii for the first 2 1/2 years, but once the novelty wore off, I realized how crappy the controls were (lots of lag). Then, they quit releasing good games for about 1 year, and then they released that Wii Motion Plus for $20, and that was the final straw.

So, I'm excited for the PS Move, because the PS3 has the games already, so all they need are some fun party games (not to mention some hardcore games that use the motion controls).

fuck I posted a link to this poll on the official Sony PS3 forums and they deleted my post in under an hour. Seems Sony has a self esteem problem or something.

Looks like a lame gimmick to me, obvious attempt to copy the Wii.
Feel the same way about Kinect, which I seriously doubt will work smoothly.

This looks like it might have some potential, but I think I'll wait to buy.
I'll probably preorder it now and decide later on whether I really want it or not. I haven't been playing my ps3 much so I probably won't.

Anyone know if Fallout New Vegas will be move compatible? Probably not.

If there were some games which actually made some innovative use of motion controls, I'd be for it. But so far, there hasn't been anything that's really amazed me. Most of the stuff has been just like the Wii Remote (aiming in FPSes, casual software, etc.). Sorcery looked pretty cool but again, it was nothing amazing.

I'm not complete against it but it seems like MS and Sony are just trying shove this crap down our throats simply because Nintendo's found so much success with it.

I am hoping to see some kind of deal with the 320GB bundle. I think Move will be nice for games like Resident Evil and No More Heroes.

I've got the Move Bundle pre-ordered & the Nav Controller. I don't think it's as much as a rip off of the wii or gimmicky. It seems as if it's further development of the Wii(something that Nintendo should've done first hand to keep all of us hardcore gamersinterested), and it's the Wii controls that are gimmicky. Major gimmicky. Move seems pretty slick from what I've seen so far... Definitely interested in trying it out.

Honestly, Resident Evil 5 might push me to get a Move but only because RE4 on Wii was pretty amazing. If they can magically make RE5 a game that is at least almost as good as 4, I'll probably bite.

I do wish the developers would have opted for a more sophisticated camera. While it may have taken more horse power from the PS3 and possibly cost more, I think the controllers would have collaborated better.

On the other hand from what I've read so far it seems it's going to be up to the software developers to make the controls as 1x1 as possible. The reviews I've read seem to have come to a consensus that since some of the games control really well, it comes down to the coding used to make the games 1x1.

For instance the controls on the game Slider are almost non-responsive, but there is almost no lag at all with Socom or Start the Party.

Really have no interest in the move or kinect. I had 2 wiis and sold both of them because the damn thing is so boring.

PS Move is nothing revolutionary, and it won't be able to play off the success of being a motion controller because the Wii already cashed on that. Move is just going to be looked at as a Wii controller, a knock off...and I suspect that the games won't be great either.

I'll get it if I can use my Sony Rewards points to get one free. I already have the Eye, so I agree with the previous poster about cameraless bundles. Probably will be picking up EyePet for the kids.

The controllers are too expensive. I like the motion controls and I'd like to pick em up, but not for a hundred dollars.

waiting for gamestop to get an influx of them for x-mas. Sad to say I have a hunch this might be one of those items come christmas everyone has to have to the stock will be low.

I am getting the move controller and Eye Pet, both are interesting to try out. If I don't like it, I won't be out as much money if I had bought the Wii or Kinect. I am also eager to try out RE 5 and Heavy Rain when they update the games for the Move.

[quote name='jh6269']Aw c'mon cheapest, why would you buy a $200 system for crappy waggle and SD graphics (you got your HD display now afterall)? If you got the PS Eye already, you just need to pay $50 + a game to try it out.[/QUOTE]
The only way I would have the PS Eye is if I got it on clearance from Kmart for $4. That's all it's worth to me. As for paying $50 for a controller and game I'll probably use once or twice and never touch again, no thanks.

But if Gamestop puts out some sort of trade promo around the same time I find some cheap trading fodder that gets decent values BEFORE the bonus then I might consider it. But paying $50 AND for a game AND for whatever other junk Sony says I 'need' for it, fuck no.

As for the HD display, the $40 Acer monitor that was clearly used was not that good of an investment, but it's under warranty till 2012 or so. So if it goes I can just have it repaired in warranty. I wish I could say the same for my now out of warranty slim PS3. :roll: A one year warranty on a $300 piece of hardware versus a 3 year warranty on a piece of hardware I paid $40 for. Hmmm. Something seems a bit skewed here.

But that's neither here nor there on this topic.
[quote name='raistlin']fuck I posted a link to this poll on the official Sony PS3 forums and they deleted my post in under an hour. Seems Sony has a self esteem problem or something.[/QUOTE]
Sony(much like some here at times:lol:)doesn't like when you post stuff that might be taken negatively about them. I've found out firsthand every time I post in one of their firmware
junkware to me
threads.:lol:
[quote name='Vinny']I'm not complete against it but it seems like MS and Sony are just trying shove this crap down our throats simply because Nintendo's found so much success with it.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Monkey see, monkey do. But what Sony and MS both fail to realize is that their prices are restrictive. For another $100 versus the Sony bundle for JUST the controller/camera/whatever, you can have a Wii system with a complimentary first set of controllers with the system.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only way I would have the PS Eye is if I got it on clearance from Kmart for $4. That's all it's worth to me. As for paying $50 for a controller and game I'll probably use once or twice and never touch again, no thanks.

But if Gamestop puts out some sort of trade promo around the same time I find some cheap trading fodder that gets decent values BEFORE the bonus then I might consider it. But paying $50 AND for a game AND for whatever other junk Sony says I 'need' for it, fuck no.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I thought you got the PS Eye for $15 at Kmart on clearance (because I was posting about it myself when I got that deal). Oh well, I just thought it's a little crazy to say you'd buy a $200 Wii over a $99 bundle that has the same stuff the Wii has.

The only thing I think is shitty about the bundle though is that there's no controller + game bundle w/o camera and w/o the nav controller. Anyway, I hope they come out with more bundles later that have a pack-in game that I actually would want to play.

I just don't have any interest in the whole control concept, I fell into the Wii hype and have two games total I played one of which came with it..

I just don't see it as 'new' and 'exciting' why not focus time perfecting something totally new, more voice control of the unit for operating it, movie playback, and online media

[quote name='jh6269']Hmm, I thought you got the PS Eye for $15 at Kmart on clearance (because I was posting about it myself when I got that deal). Oh well, I just thought it's a little crazy to say you'd buy a $200 Wii over a $99 bundle that has the same stuff the Wii has.

The only thing I think is shitty about the bundle though is that there's no controller + game bundle w/o camera and w/o the nav controller. Anyway, I hope they come out with more bundles later that have a pack-in game that I actually would want to play.[/QUOTE]
However, I was speaking from the perspective of a new buyer, in that for an additional $100 over the cost of the Move bundle someone could buy a Wii and have a system to play with motion controls.

It still seems to me like both MS and Sony are trying to play catch up with these motion control devices they're both coming out with now. I liked it alot better last gen when all three companies seemed to want to differentiate themselves from each other a bit more.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']However, I was speaking from the perspective of a new buyer, in that for an additional $100 over the cost of the Move bundle someone could buy a Wii and have a system to play with motion controls.

It still seems to me like both MS and Sony are trying to play catch up with these motion control devices they're both coming out with now. I liked it alot better last gen when all three companies seemed to want to differentiate themselves from each other a bit more.[/QUOTE]

I look at it like a Wii HD with eventually better games, which in the beginning is what everyone was asking for. Not to mention motion controls that seem like they will work better.

I liked the Wii so I'm looking forward to trying out the Move but as others have pointed out, future game releases will reflect it's success. The actual system itself appears to be accurate from reviews I've read so it'll be up to the games to utilize it to it's full potential, right now I'm looking forward to the upcoming Time Crisis the most.

[quote name='raistlin']I look at it like a Wii HD with eventually better games, which in the beginning is what everyone was asking for. Not to mention motion controls that seem like they will work better.[/QUOTE]
I've never even tried a Wii system or any of it's games and judging by the games I've seen for it most wouldn't hold my interest outside of 10 minutes.

Even though I've finally conceded that I do like how the PS3 looks when playing on an HD display, it still comes down to the games for me. If the games are fun and challenging(but not frustratingly so), then I'll buy a system based on that.

But I've hated motion controls every time I've played a game that used them(Lair, Heavenly Sword for some parts), so that's really why this is a no buy for me. Although the price is definitely another stumbling block.

Getting the bundle and navigation controller costs $130. Is it really worth it if I already own a Wii. Sports Champions doesn't really excite me. Any thoughts?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've never even tried a Wii system or any of it's games and judging by the games I've seen for it most wouldn't hold my interest outside of 10 minutes.

Even though I've finally conceded that I do like how the PS3 looks when playing on an HD display, it still comes down to the games for me. If the games are fun and challenging(but not frustratingly so), then I'll buy a system based on that.

But I've hated motion controls every time I've played a game that used them(Lair, Heavenly Sword for some parts), so that's really why this is a no buy for me. Although the price is definitely another stumbling block.[/QUOTE]

You haven't missed much. The only games that I really like are 1st party Nintendo games (Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario). And each one had motion controls that sucked and were totally tacked-on just for the sake of tacking them on (except for Metroid Prime, that actually used the controls fairly well, though it doesn't have 1:1 tracking).

Also, you shouldn't base your opinion on the sixaxis type motion controls because they're nothing like what the Move is, or what the Wii is. It's really fun for the tennis and bowling games with a group of friends. I am also interested to see how it works with first person shooters, like Killzone 3, but with real 1:1 motion tracking. However, it eventually becomes tiresome when you have to point the controller at the screen for a long gaming session. So it will be pretty nice that the motion controls are supposed to be optional on the PS3 (there are so many games I really wish the Wii developers would have allowed you to use the classic controller and not the Wiimote).

[quote name='Josh5890']Getting the bundle and navigation controller costs $130. Is it really worth it if I already own a Wii. Sports Champions doesn't really excite me. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It's really hard to say for sure (at least in my opinion). If you're like me, you never turn the Wii on anymore. Sometimes when my friends come over, I want to play some kind of party game, but I don't have any for the PS3. So for me, I think it will be nice to have some kind of game like this to play with my friends as kind of a casual game.

Also, the motion tracking is much more accurate than the Wii, so I can't wait to play some kind of bowling game (that was one of my favorites with the Wii).

However, if you play your Wii all the time, I don't see too much value in getting this (unless you're sick of the Wii and want more grown-up games and have HD motion controls).

I'm going to get one move controller, and am looking forward to some of the games like time crisis razing storm which also comes with time crisis 4 and deadstorm pirates on the disc.

I just hope the developers really make an effort to get creative with the implementation of Move. I don't want this to turn into another situation where it's obvious that the motion controls are forced and feel gimmicky. Wii games have been suffering from that since the beginning.

There's a real potential for this hardware, but it has to be done right...plain and simple.

I'll be buying it after seeing Time Crisis, I'll be buying it at Amazon since I've seen they sell the gun attachment with the nav controller and the Move controller. Not getting it on day 1. Probably a few days after, I want to play RE5 with Move controls. Looks fun.:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Been looking to get a 2nd PS3 for a blu-ray player for the living room so I'll probably see if there are any good holiday console bundles featuring the move. It's too bad they didn't throw a free navigation controller in with the console bundle, maybe the stores will for black friday.

I bought the camera with SingStar (disappointing game) and never used it (the camera.) So my best option with Move is to buy things individually. What I've done is ordered 2 wand parts and one nunchuk at 20% off, and Sports Champions at 10% off.

Can't believe how many people are picking this up, considering the lack of great, engrossing looking launch titles and how the Wii ended up flopping after the craze died because of lack of titles. You people are taking a big gamble on this one, and personally I would go after the Kinect before I went for the Move simply because M$ has more power to pump out bigger, better titles if they feel the need. Sony may struggle early on with titles.

bread's done
Back