Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 3 Move Poll - Vote Now

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: What are your plans when the PS3 Move gets released?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What are your plans when the PS3 Move gets released?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:56 AM

Aw c'mon cheapest, why would you buy a $200 system for crappy waggle and SD graphics (you got your HD display now afterall)? If you got the PS Eye already, you just need to pay $50 + a game to try it out.

The only way I would have the PS Eye is if I got it on clearance from Kmart for $4. That's all it's worth to me. As for paying $50 for a controller and game I'll probably use once or twice and never touch again, no thanks.

But if Gamestop puts out some sort of trade promo around the same time I find some cheap trading fodder that gets decent values BEFORE the bonus then I might consider it. But paying $50 AND for a game AND for whatever other junk Sony says I 'need' for it, Fuck no.

As for the HD display, the $40 Acer monitor that was clearly used was not that good of an investment, but it's under warranty till 2012 or so. So if it goes I can just have it repaired in warranty. I wish I could say the same for my now out of warranty slim PS3. :roll: A one year warranty on a $300 piece of hardware versus a 3 year warranty on a piece of hardware I paid $40 for. Hmmm. Something seems a bit skewed here.

But that's neither here nor there on this topic.

Fuck I posted a link to this poll on the official Sony PS3 forums and they deleted my post in under an hour. Seems Sony has a self esteem problem or something.

Sony(much like some here at times:lol:)doesn't like when you post stuff that might be taken negatively about them. I've found out firsthand every time I post in one of their firmware
Spoiler
threads.:lol:

I'm not complete against it but it seems like MS and Sony are just trying shove this crap down our throats simply because Nintendo's found so much success with it.

:applause: Monkey see, monkey do. But what Sony and MS both fail to realize is that their prices are restrictive. For another $100 versus the Sony bundle for JUST the controller/camera/whatever, you can have a Wii system with a complimentary first set of controllers with the system.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#32 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

It'll take more light gun games for me to buy the move.
Posted Image

#33 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

It seems the PSN exclusive RTS Under Siege will have Move support as well. You can watch a video and read more details about this here:

http://www.joystiq.c...latinum-trophy/

#34 petersa1d

petersa1d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

Sony needs a banging launch for the move, they dont want a upset like the pspgo, plus, or home

#35 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:48 AM

The only way I would have the PS Eye is if I got it on clearance from Kmart for $4. That's all it's worth to me. As for paying $50 for a controller and game I'll probably use once or twice and never touch again, no thanks.

But if Gamestop puts out some sort of trade promo around the same time I find some cheap trading fodder that gets decent values BEFORE the bonus then I might consider it. But paying $50 AND for a game AND for whatever other junk Sony says I 'need' for it, Fuck no.

Hmm, I thought you got the PS Eye for $15 at Kmart on clearance (because I was posting about it myself when I got that deal). Oh well, I just thought it's a little crazy to say you'd buy a $200 Wii over a $99 bundle that has the same stuff the Wii has.

The only thing I think is shitty about the bundle though is that there's no controller + game bundle w/o camera and w/o the nav controller. Anyway, I hope they come out with more bundles later that have a pack-in game that I actually would want to play.

#36 Romis

Romis

Honor Among CAGS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:11 AM

I just don't have any interest in the whole control concept, I fell into the Wii hype and have two games total I played one of which came with it..

I just don't see it as 'new' and 'exciting' why not focus time perfecting something totally new, more voice control of the unit for operating it, movie playback, and online media

#37 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:40 AM

Hmm, I thought you got the PS Eye for $15 at Kmart on clearance (because I was posting about it myself when I got that deal). Oh well, I just thought it's a little crazy to say you'd buy a $200 Wii over a $99 bundle that has the same stuff the Wii has.

The only thing I think is shitty about the bundle though is that there's no controller + game bundle w/o camera and w/o the nav controller. Anyway, I hope they come out with more bundles later that have a pack-in game that I actually would want to play.

However, I was speaking from the perspective of a new buyer, in that for an additional $100 over the cost of the Move bundle someone could buy a Wii and have a system to play with motion controls.

It still seems to me like both MS and Sony are trying to play catch up with these motion control devices they're both coming out with now. I liked it alot better last gen when all three companies seemed to want to differentiate themselves from each other a bit more.

Posted Image

#38 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:49 AM

However, I was speaking from the perspective of a new buyer, in that for an additional $100 over the cost of the Move bundle someone could buy a Wii and have a system to play with motion controls.

It still seems to me like both MS and Sony are trying to play catch up with these motion control devices they're both coming out with now. I liked it alot better last gen when all three companies seemed to want to differentiate themselves from each other a bit more.

I look at it like a Wii HD with eventually better games, which in the beginning is what everyone was asking for. Not to mention motion controls that seem like they will work better.

#39 Ch33pSh33p

Ch33pSh33p

Cheap is <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:52 AM

I liked the Wii so I'm looking forward to trying out the Move but as others have pointed out, future game releases will reflect it's success. The actual system itself appears to be accurate from reviews I've read so it'll be up to the games to utilize it to it's full potential, right now I'm looking forward to the upcoming Time Crisis the most.

"The cops are here, sucks for them." - Trevor (GTA V)

Gaming Blog | Free games & gift cards! | gaming forum

#40 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:56 AM

I look at it like a Wii HD with eventually better games, which in the beginning is what everyone was asking for. Not to mention motion controls that seem like they will work better.

I've never even tried a Wii system or any of it's games and judging by the games I've seen for it most wouldn't hold my interest outside of 10 minutes.

Even though I've finally conceded that I do like how the PS3 looks when playing on an HD display, it still comes down to the games for me. If the games are fun and challenging(but not frustratingly so), then I'll buy a system based on that.

But I've hated motion controls every time I've played a game that used them(Lair, Heavenly Sword for some parts), so that's really why this is a no buy for me. Although the price is definitely another stumbling block.

Posted Image

#41 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:28 AM

Getting the bundle and navigation controller costs $130. Is it really worth it if I already own a Wii. Sports Champions doesn't really excite me. Any thoughts?

I need a new signature.

#42 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:33 AM

I've never even tried a Wii system or any of it's games and judging by the games I've seen for it most wouldn't hold my interest outside of 10 minutes.

Even though I've finally conceded that I do like how the PS3 looks when playing on an HD display, it still comes down to the games for me. If the games are fun and challenging(but not frustratingly so), then I'll buy a system based on that.

But I've hated motion controls every time I've played a game that used them(Lair, Heavenly Sword for some parts), so that's really why this is a no buy for me. Although the price is definitely another stumbling block.

You haven't missed much. The only games that I really like are 1st party Nintendo games (Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario). And each one had motion controls that sucked and were totally tacked-on just for the sake of tacking them on (except for Metroid Prime, that actually used the controls fairly well, though it doesn't have 1:1 tracking).

Also, you shouldn't base your opinion on the sixaxis type motion controls because they're nothing like what the Move is, or what the Wii is. It's really fun for the tennis and bowling games with a group of friends. I am also interested to see how it works with first person shooters, like Killzone 3, but with real 1:1 motion tracking. However, it eventually becomes tiresome when you have to point the controller at the screen for a long gaming session. So it will be pretty nice that the motion controls are supposed to be optional on the PS3 (there are so many games I really wish the Wii developers would have allowed you to use the classic controller and not the Wiimote).

#43 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:39 AM

Getting the bundle and navigation controller costs $130. Is it really worth it if I already own a Wii. Sports Champions doesn't really excite me. Any thoughts?

It's really hard to say for sure (at least in my opinion). If you're like me, you never turn the Wii on anymore. Sometimes when my friends come over, I want to play some kind of party game, but I don't have any for the PS3. So for me, I think it will be nice to have some kind of game like this to play with my friends as kind of a casual game.

Also, the motion tracking is much more accurate than the Wii, so I can't wait to play some kind of bowling game (that was one of my favorites with the Wii).

However, if you play your Wii all the time, I don't see too much value in getting this (unless you're sick of the Wii and want more grown-up games and have HD motion controls).

#44 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:40 AM

I'm going to get one move controller, and am looking forward to some of the games like time crisis razing storm which also comes with time crisis 4 and deadstorm pirates on the disc.
Posted Image

#45 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:06 AM

I just hope the developers really make an effort to get creative with the implementation of Move. I don't want this to turn into another situation where it's obvious that the motion controls are forced and feel gimmicky. Wii games have been suffering from that since the beginning.

There's a real potential for this hardware, but it has to be done right...plain and simple.

#46 Kahuna

Kahuna

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:12 AM

I'll be buying it after seeing Time Crisis, I'll be buying it at Amazon since I've seen they sell the gun attachment with the nav controller and the Move controller. Not getting it on day 1. Probably a few days after, I want to play RE5 with Move controls. Looks fun.:bouncy:

Edited by Kahuna, 09 September 2010 - 07:27 AM.

#47 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:30 AM

Been looking to get a 2nd PS3 for a blu-ray player for the living room so I'll probably see if there are any good holiday console bundles featuring the move. It's too bad they didn't throw a free navigation controller in with the console bundle, maybe the stores will for black friday.

Guardian_owl.png

#48 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:32 AM

I bought the camera with SingStar (disappointing game) and never used it (the camera.) So my best option with Move is to buy things individually. What I've done is ordered 2 wand parts and one nunchuk at 20% off, and Sports Champions at 10% off.

#49 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:32 AM

Can't believe how many people are picking this up, considering the lack of great, engrossing looking launch titles and how the Wii ended up flopping after the craze died because of lack of titles. You people are taking a big gamble on this one, and personally I would go after the Kinect before I went for the Move simply because M$ has more power to pump out bigger, better titles if they feel the need. Sony may struggle early on with titles.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#50 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:56 AM

I'm getting it. Not at launch, but somewhat close. Echochrome 2 and Siege compel me.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#51 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

Can't believe how many people are picking this up, considering the lack of great, engrossing looking launch titles and how the Wii ended up flopping after the craze died because of lack of titles. You people are taking a big gamble on this one, and personally I would go after the Kinect before I went for the Move simply because M$ has more power to pump out bigger, better titles if they feel the need. Sony may struggle early on with titles.

Looks like maybe we're all in for a little surprise. Seems even games like Start the Party are already on backorder from BestBuy. Same goes for Sports Champions.

Posted Image

#52 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

How are they gonna simulate the pedal in Time Crisis? How did they for older games?
Posted Image

#53 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

It's probably because whereas the tech demos of the move show great potential, the tech demos for the Kinect mainly show the devices limitations. (Ex. miming the movements of a steering wheel to turn the car, but having no method to control gas, braking, or shifting).

Guardian_owl.png

#54 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

It's probably because whereas the tech demos of the move show great potential, the tech demos for the Kinect mainly show the devices limitations. (Ex. miming the movements of a steering wheel to turn the car, but having no method to control gas, braking, or shifting).

Another thing is the fact in addition to all the wii-like titles they have non-casual titles like KZ3 and RE5 with optional Move support. M$ has yet to show if any non-casual games will support Kinect, which I think is a big mistake. Certainly, going to be interesting to see how both pan out in the next year.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 vherub

vherub

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

need for re-calibration is annoying

#56 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

:spam:

#57 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

How are they gonna simulate the pedal in Time Crisis? How did they for older games?

If I remember correctly, I think you just pointed the gun down to reload in the PS2 ones. Or was there a button on the side? I dunno, but I remember them being a lot of fun on the PS2.
Posted Image

#58 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

For developers, the nice thing about the Move is that it's pretty easy to integrate the controller into titles they're already working on while with the Kinect it seems like you would have to make a game from the ground up. Most if not all 1st/2nd party games from here on out will probably have Move support and I suspect most shooters will too.

Here's a list of the 54 Move titles
http://en.wikipedia....layStation_Move

I want a PS3 Slim (my fats worries me), so buying the 320gb bundle isn't a huge investment compared to the 250. I'm also pretty excited about Resident Evil 5, No More Heroes, Oddworld and Time Crisis.
Posted Image

#59 raistlin

raistlin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

I've gotta give it to Sony with the way they are marketing the Move. Check out this new site that they just launched-

http://www.yaybuttons.com/

#60 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:32 AM

If I remember correctly, I think you just pointed the gun down to reload in the PS2 ones. Or was there a button on the side? I dunno, but I remember them being a lot of fun on the PS2.

Yep, in ye olden days of Lethal Enforcers you pointed the gun down or to the side and pulled the trigger to reload. Though I suppose you could do any number of motion actions to simulate it, like pointing the move controller up and slamming the butt of the wand down into your hand to simulate popping in a new clip.

Guardian_owl.png