Amazon - Pre-order Kinect & an Additional Game, Get a $30 Video Games Credit

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

How do you all know Joy Ride is horrible if it isn't out yet?

#32 jim2011

jim2011

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

Have Kinect pre-ordered on an old ECA order; I'll just add a game to it and assume I'll end up having to email Amazon to get the $30 manually added to my account.

I did the same thing. I'm getting 20% off Kinect and Dance Central already. Is there any harm in contacting amazon now to have the $30 credit promotion applied or should I wait?

#33 Hupperware

Hupperware

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

Sweet! Sold!

Browsing Netflix like you're friggin' Yoda, worth the price of admission.

#34 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:09 PM

I'm getting kinect. gf must have dance central so this is a good deal in my book. Got denied with that ymmv microsoft store deal for $99. this is the next best deal.

The amazon GC chain continues with Reach then Kinect

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#35 whotheheck

whotheheck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

How do you all know Joy Ride is horrible if it isn't out yet?

You can play it now if you have a Microsoft store nearby.

#36 Moravagine

Moravagine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:26 AM

I did the same thing. I'm getting 20% off Kinect and Dance Central already. Is there any harm in contacting amazon now to have the $30 credit promotion applied or should I wait?

As you are not supposed to receive the credit until 2 days after everything ships, they will likely just inform you of this fact. However, I suppose there is a minimal chance of getting a CSR who misreads the promotion and just takes $30 off your order.
Posted Image

#37 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

The selection of games are for 6 year olds. Do they plan on having, ya know, good games available anywhere around launch?

#38 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

Honestly, I don't think I would even take Kinect if Amazon paid me to take it from them.

Lie... or dumbass move considering you could sell it on ebay.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#39 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

Bravo! :applause:

Yeah, great work. I was going to post something to the affect of, "Wish this applied to the 250gb+Kinect bundle." And my conclusion before this great post, even with the Dell deals and tax and everything, was to stick to the 250gb+Kinect bundle and Dance Central that I have pre-ordered. I'm glad that this excellent analysis confirms that. But I'd still love to get a $30 credit with my current order. Who wouldn't?
Posted Image

#40 zeddic

zeddic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

Did anybody take advantage of this promo after Oct 9, 2010? I went on the link a few days before launch and placed me orders from that page but I never got the credit and when I asked amazon, they told me I didn't qualify because I placed the order after the cutoff date. I did click the link above (which worked at the time) and saw the promo but did not see any cut-off dates...