Photo
- - - - -

Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

• Please log in to reply
821 replies to this topic

#781 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

First, I'm not pleased with the Civil War table. The ramps are too steep and the talking gets old.

Anyway, to settle a past disagreement... Laura Shigihara confirms that she did not voice the Plants vs. Zombies table:

wouldn't it be funny if they used the recorded clips and didn't let her know so they wouldn't have to pay her for it?

#782 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Right, a Boba Fett pinball table, *SHUT UP & TAKE MY MONEY!*

This is a good read: http://kotaku.com/59...ables/gallery/1

Edited by Spybreak8, 06 February 2013 - 09:50 PM.
new article

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#783 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

So I decided to play some FX 2 today and oh hey check it out, Zen Pinball Classic tables. Checked out their site and in December this was posted.

Zen Classics is now available for Pinball FX2 on Xbox LIVE® Arcade! Download Now!
Posted Image

Niiiice! (Is it sad that I have their game on 3DS too, although I haven't picked up the Marvel tables with that device.

Also while checking out my achievements I unlocked and the ones I don't have with FX 2 I stumbled across some Star Wars table achievements. OH!
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#784 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I can't wait to pick up the Star Wars table(s?) for Windows 8. Got confirmation on their site that Win8 was a supported platform for the table.

Trying to spread pinball across more devices instead of just the 360.

#785 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I don't know why I want it, because I'm not a fan of their games, but I am drawn to the Star Wars license. Is the Star Wars game going to be an add-on to FX2 or a standalone title?

#786 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

I don't know why I want it, because I'm not a fan of their games, but I am drawn to the Star Wars license. Is the Star Wars game going to be an add-on to FX2 or a standalone title?

Like all of their tables, it is an add-on.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#787 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

It is an add-on, but the PFX2 shell is free. You don't need to buy any other tables to get Star Wars.

sig.gif

#788 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Picked up the Star Wars tables and tried them out a bit this morning. For the most part, I like them, but I'm not crazy about the Boba Fett Table. Maybe it's because I'm terrible at it. There's a flipper on the left side that I've stopped using because every time I use it, it knocks my ball straight into the right-hand drain. Every single frikkin time. Also, when the ball drops into the left inlane, it rolls down so quickly that it's easy to have it roll right past your left flipper and out. I lost several balls that way this morning. Then again, I've got slow old-man reflexes, so maybe most people won't find either of those things to be an issue.
Posted Image

#789 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Nice! I'll have to check em out after work.

#790 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

picked it up today for my desktop/laptops. so far have only played the empire strikes back and the boba fett tables. like the empire strikes back one more.

#791 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

I like the Empire one the least - it reminds me of xmen. Doesn't seem like there's much to do. While I don't like watching anything clone wars related, I like the table. The boba fett one isn't too bad either.
Posted Image

#792 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

the Empire one... it blew my mind when I went into jedi training and it switched to that first person view and I was trying to block the laser shots!

somehow, it seems like they the voice samples aren't the real ones. it's like they used fake voice actors to say the lines. that definitely doesn't sound like Harrison Ford.

Edited by dirtyvu, 28 February 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#793 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

Sooo was sick today and played a lot of the Star Wars tables. I'd rank them Ep V, Clone Wars, Boba Fett in my eyes. Yah Boba Fett, I just don't like it as much as the others but they all bring something fun to the table. My main thing with any pinball table is long long drawn out lines of dialogue and for whoever decided to have Boba Fett mouth off at the beginning every single time is an idiot, yeah that got old fast. One of that table's saving graces though is the WHIP ball save that can be activated fairly easily. Really crazy with some of these multiballs too.

After reading the rule sheets and knowing what to do, yeah wow these tables are pretty fun.

#794 ShirtSizeXXXLXT

ShirtSizeXXXLXT

Fluffernutter 4LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

the Empire one... it blew my mind when I went into jedi training and it switched to that first person view and I was trying to block the laser shots!

somehow, it seems like they the voice samples aren't the real ones. it's like they used fake voice actors to say the lines. that definitely doesn't sound like Harrison Ford.

That is really weird seeing how Zen was talking about how every sound effect and voice sample were at their dispose whenever they needed them.

ShirtSizeXXXLXT.jpg

If you have a Gameboy Micro for sale, I would like to buy it from you!

#795 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I am a big Star Wars fan and Empire is by far my favorite movie of all time so I was super excited when Zen announced the Star Wars license.

Each table is great in its own way. My favorite is the Empire table even though I think its the hardest table of the grouping. I like how easy it is to start an scene from the film and all the interactive things that pop in the center of the table during some of the scenes. I love scene two with the AT-AT but its very hard to complete. I have only finished it once. Right now I'm trying to master each scene. So far I can handle Scene one and Scene four. I can usually finish those if I start them. Overall great art design on the table and sound effects, except for the voice acting.

The Clones Wars Table is probably my third favorite and not because I don't like, but I love Empire and Boba Fett a little more. I think this table is the easiest for big scores and is most forgiving. There are a lot of ramps everywhere and its easy to start missions. I like the upper section of the table with the clone trooper training but I think its pretty easy to complete. Whats very cool is when the gunship comes on screen and you have to load troops (the ball into the ship via a ramp) and then hit ramps to make the gunship move to avoid enemy fire. I think the sound effects and voice acting for this table is perfect. I love that they even got the annoying narrator from the clone wars series.

Finally the Boba Fett Table, at first I didn't really like it that much but after some time playing it I think its awesome. The bounty missions are really easy to start up and I love you can choose to work for Vader or Jabba. There is also an ammo element to the table that lets you collect missiles for you rocket pack and shoot them at the table cause it to shake without tilting the table. The whip ball save is also very cool and easy to get. There are four ramps on the table that are all easy to hit. I really like that the table design has been split between Empire and Jedi.

Overall I think these tables are excellent editions to Pinball FX and I can't wait to see the rest of them.
I hope they do more character specific tables and ones based off the films.

Add me as a friend if you want to compare scores and add to your Wizard totals. I have all the tables except for Ms Splosion Man, Mars, Marvel Civil War and the New Classic Pack.

I plan to get the classic pack and the Ms Splosion table soon.
I have Mars and Civil War on PS3/Vita and I not a big fan of Civil War.

#796 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Late to the party. I have the Star Wars and Plants vs Zombies pins. What are the best other pins? Feel free to add me for some score comparisons.

#797 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

By the way new tournament is up.

The next Star Wars Pinball tournament has begun on PSN & XBLA! Play the Boba Fett
table for your chance to win prizes!

#798 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

That is really weird seeing how Zen was talking about how every sound effect and voice sample were at their dispose whenever they needed them.

a number of sources have confirmed it. google is your friend.

http://www.polygon.c...fx2-zen-pinball

"The Empire Strikes Back uses a mix of audio and voice work pulled from the film when possible, but resorts to Lucasfilm-approved soundalikes when necessary."

http://www.gamesrada...pinball-review/

LucasArts gave Zen full access to the original score, dialogue, and likenesses from the series, but the voice clips are done by sound-alikes who are hit-and-miss.

#799 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

I like that tournament. I haven't played in one in ages. Bobba Fett is a tough table to get a high score on.
Posted Image

#800 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

LucasArts gave Zen full access to the original score, dialogue, and likenesses from the series, but the voice clips are done by sound-alikes who are hit-and-miss.

The Indiana Jones Ride at Disneyland is the same deal. Harrison Ford did not want to be involved so they used sound-alikes.

#801 Jessiklutz

Jessiklutz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Late to the party. I have the Star Wars and Plants vs Zombies pins. What are the best other pins? Feel free to add me for some score comparisons.

The Marvel: Avengers Chronicles 4-pack tends to get pretty high review scores. I think it's been on sale a few times for 400 points.

#802 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

PIcked up the Star Wars tables today after waiting forever for them to go on sale. Liking all 3 although I find the Empire scenes hard to complete. I need to read the rules for all of them.

Hopefully the rest of the tables go on sale soon so I can round out my collection.

#803 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

Isn't the thread title desperately in need of an update?

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#804 chembree

chembree

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Not much going on here recently, is anyone still playing? ... I was thinking maybe a few of you might have some room on your friend list -- I sorta (REALLY) want that Pinball Wizard robe.... I have all 40 Tables. !0,880 wizard score and 262 Superscore....There hasn't been much activity in the last few months, and I don't want to throw out friend requests without asking! -- I'm known as the 'King of Edmond'...

#805 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

Nope not for a month now I think.

#806 Jek Porkins

Jek Porkins

The Big Man in Orange

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

Not much going on here recently, is anyone still playing? ... I was thinking maybe a few of you might have some room on your friend list -- I sorta (REALLY) want that Pinball Wizard robe.... I have all 40 Tables. !0,880 wizard score and 262 Superscore....There hasn't been much activity in the last few months, and I don't want to throw out friend requests without asking! -- I'm known as the 'King of Edmond'...

I still play from time to time.  I have the robe, but feel free to friend me and take down my high scores!  =)

RedSix, Standing By!

Posted Image

#807 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Well look it here.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=vdEMGRYoBDg

Dec 18th

#808 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

Figured I'd check out the game, oh hey new update gives us access to cloud saves because when I went back into Epic Quest I had an option to start a New Game or Continue Game, (it loaded my previous game data which I thought was pretty cool). Also finally pulled off the Captain America achievement on the Avenger's table, god what a lucky trick. Anyone pick up the new table?

#809 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

PIcked up Doctor Strange table and I like it. Not my top table, but still pretty good.

Posted Image

#810 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

Finally got Epic Win and I Killed Everything., plus new high score!