Photo
- - - - -

Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

• Please log in to reply
837 replies to this topic

#61 Redrazorback

Redrazorback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:03 AM

So it appears the original Pinball FX has been delisted...along with all the DLC for it. So much for getting the rest of the achievements. Why didn't they give us a warning before they took it down? I had planned on buying the dlc tables then importing them into Pinball FX 2.

#62 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

So it appears the original Pinball FX has been delisted...along with all the DLC for it. So much for getting the rest of the achievements. Why didn't they give us a warning before they took it down? I had planned on buying the dlc tables then importing them into Pinball FX 2.

You can still buy all the old tables. You do it through Pinball FX2 now. One nice bonus is that all the tables have demos now, whereas before they didn't.

#63 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

I didn't know they added split-screen in part 2! You can only use it with the new tables, though. So I bought the new tables. Looking forward to playing them soon.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#64 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

I played a lot of multiplayer last night. It's pretty fun if you can get a good group. You basically get unlimited balls and it's a race to a pre-set score. You get a score penalty for each ball you lost (like 10%).

Fun times. We should get some people on here online and playing.

#65 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:40 PM

I didn't know they added split-screen in part 2! You can only use it with the new tables, though. So I bought the new tables. Looking forward to playing them soon.

I was wondering if it was only the new tables. Oh well. I'm looking forward to my hubby and I battling each other! We really like the game and ended up buying 4 of the old add-on courses. I would have bought Street Fighter II as well, but there's a glitch where you can't buy it. It's not even available on Xbox.com. If you try to buy through the console, it errors out.

I played a lot of multiplayer last night. It's pretty fun if you can get a good group. You basically get unlimited balls and it's a race to a pre-set score. You get a score penalty for each ball you lost (like 10%).

Fun times. We should get some people on here online and playing.

I was wondering what that 10% penalty meant. Tried to get in on a multiplayer game the other night but it seemed to glitch up and nothing happened.

#66 Redrazorback

Redrazorback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

You can still buy all the old tables. You do it through Pinball FX2 now. One nice bonus is that all the tables have demos now, whereas before they didn't.

I realize you can buy the old tables for Pinball FX 2, and I'm glad they've added demos, but does buying them through Pinball FX 2 unlock them in the first game? There were achievements specific to the dlc tables that I never got and I was hoping to be able to finish those up. I'm not sure thats possible now though.

#67 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

Okay, I've determined it's almost impossible to reach 100,000 Wizard score. Certainly, it can't really be accomplished on your own. You would have to have quite the roster of friends with quality scores to ever achieve 100,000 WS. It makes me sad, as I really liked that pinball wizard outfit.

#68 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

I realize you can buy the old tables for Pinball FX 2, and I'm glad they've added demos, but does buying them through Pinball FX 2 unlock them in the first game? There were achievements specific to the dlc tables that I never got and I was hoping to be able to finish those up. I'm not sure thats possible now though.

dlc is dlc. It'll work on both. I'm still able to get the achievements from pinball fx 1.

If anyone is up for multiplayer, I'd be down. I have most all tables.

#69 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

I'm also always down for some competitive play! I like the challenges addition here but again does anyone understand the tournament system? Is that when the dev decides to make a tournament maybe?
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#70 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:11 PM

You people are making me want to buy this. So now I need those freebie 800 points already.

Crunchewy.png

#71 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

We've gotten final approval, so there won't be another delay.

Also, Paranormal and Mars tables will be coming to PFX2. I'm not sure of the exact date, though.

As seen posted by a Zen Studios Rep! Also don't forget a Marvel table is coming, drool.
http://forums.xbox.c...7/ShowPost.aspx
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#72 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:39 AM

As seen posted by a Zen Studios Rep! Also don't forget a Marvel table is coming, drool.

:bouncy:

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#73 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

I was looking forward to buying this and the first game, but it seems like they've pulled the first game for no reason.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#74 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

I bought paranormal over on PSN this week. It's meh at best. Looking forward to the other though.

#75 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

I finally decided to buy this and it's fun, but like when I tried the first one a long time ago, I find the rules to be confusing, or perhaps more correctly, it's difficult to figure out what you are suppose to be doing. Reading the rule sheets is painful and not always really that helpful as they aren't clear either. Maybe it's just me. Still, it's pretty fun. Tonight for some reason, though, I see no scores of friends on any of the games. Yesterday when I played I could see friends scores and got notified as I went along who I was approaching in score and such which is very cool. Tonight there was none of that. Anyone else see this issue? I was online. Maybe just a temporary live issue?

Anyway, please add me as a friend so we can compare scores and perhaps play a multiplayer game. I'm "crunc is".

Crunchewy.png

#76 BlueWingX

BlueWingX

Master of Trivia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:19 AM

Man, do I love this game... So, couple of questions for everyone, just out of curiosity... First, what view does everyone use? Personally, I use 3, but that's mainly because it helps me see a little better on my SD tv.

Second, what are everyone's fav and least fav boards? I really like Secrets of the Deep, though I do better on Biolab (My score was ranked 23rd for a while. It's dropped down into the 40's since...) On the other hand, I really don't like Rome. Usually, I can't score above 1 million on that one. I have a hard time telling where it wants me to shoot a lot of the time...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mr. BlueWingX's Signature provided by onetrackmind

#77 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

I was looking forward to buying this and the first game, but it seems like they've pulled the first game for no reason.

The first game is still available as the Classic Pack within the Pinball FX2 menu. The free Pinball FX2 download is actually an a la carte menu for downloading any of the tables past or present. All the achievements are still available on older tables as well. So if you were looking to play the first game there's nothing stopping you from doing so.

#78 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

Man, do I love this game... So, couple of questions for everyone, just out of curiosity... First, what view does everyone use? Personally, I use 3, but that's mainly because it helps me see a little better on my SD tv.

Second, what are everyone's fav and least fav boards? I really like Secrets of the Deep, though I do better on Biolab (My score was ranked 23rd for a while. It's dropped down into the 40's since...) On the other hand, I really don't like Rome. Usually, I can't score above 1 million on that one. I have a hard time telling where it wants me to shoot a lot of the time...

View 6 for me as I like to see the whole table. Actually does anyone know if you can set a default view? I couldn't find the option, but it's annoying to have to scroll through the views each time I play a different table.

#79 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

I switch between 3 and 5. Mostly 3 though.

Fav board? Probably Buccaneer or Biolab.
Least fav? Street Fighter. I just can't get a high score to save my life. There are so many dead zones in the table. Way too many flipper shots result in hitting nothing and a ricochet straight into the gutter.

#80 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

Okay, I've determined it's almost impossible to reach 100,000 Wizard score. Certainly, it can't really be accomplished on your own. You would have to have quite the roster of friends with quality scores to ever achieve 100,000 WS. It makes me sad, as I really liked that pinball wizard outfit.

I was thinking the same thing. I've got one guy on my friend list that has played the game. I played all the original tables, including DLC tables. My wizard score is around 300. Even if I bought all the FX2 tables, I don't think I'd even reach the 5,000 wizard score. To get to 100,000, I'd need like 20 people on my friend list that put at least a little time into this game. We should maybe have a group of CAGs to friend up.

I either really stink at pinball, which I do, or I need to figure out these different tables. I read the descriptions for the different achievements and no idea how to get them. Either it is luck, or I need to read a guide to help me out.

#81 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I've got one guy on my friend list that has played the game. I played all the original tables, including DLC tables. My wizard score is around 300. Even if I bought all the FX2 tables, I don't think I'd even reach the 5,000 wizard score. To get to 100,000, I'd need like 20 people on my friend list that put at least a little time into this game. We should maybe have a group of CAGs to friend up.

I either really stink at pinball, which I do, or I need to figure out these different tables. I read the descriptions for the different achievements and no idea how to get them. Either it is luck, or I need to read a guide to help me out.

Shoot me a FR on Live. I've got a pretty good score, and so does a buddy on my list, so you'll definitely get a boost if interested.

#82 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

View 6 for me as I like to see the whole table. Actually does anyone know if you can set a default view? I couldn't find the option, but it's annoying to have to scroll through the views each time I play a different table.

Whatever view you choose for a table sticks, so the next time you play it you get that view. You could choose a different view for each table if you want. I wish there were some more choices for fixed views. I don't care for the scrolling, but I wish there were fixed views that showed a more direct from above view. The existing low-angle fixed views make it hard to shoot things in the upper portions of the some of the game playfields, and it's hard to play without a fixed view because the scrolling is so jarring. But worst of all is that the games are not intuitive at all. Like somebody else said, it's difficult to tell what you are suppose to be doing in many of the games. This is because the developers of this game are obviously (real) pinball fans, but probably have only Pinball FX 1 as experience in designing games. Oh well. Still fun, but I'd rather play Pinball Hall of Fame. I hope they make a sequel to that soon. Yesterday in fact.

Crunchewy.png

#83 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Yeah that was one of the main problems with the first, always having to switch to your preferred view. I usually use 4 as it's zoomed out enough to give me a warning if the ball is in danger but not too far so you can't see what's going on. I like the zoomed in views but like I said you can't tell where it's going most of the time.

My favorite board is Speed Machine but Buccaneer is a close second. My least fav is still Extreme, I just don't like the layout of that table at all. It is easier to play with the new physics though.

As for the rules of each table, like the original, there will be people helping you out there over on the xbox forums. Once I read a rule sheet of what to do for each mission on Speed Machine my score and fun for that table trippled. I kind of like not knowing everything about the table; you have to explore it and try to master the table, which is half the fun.

Edited by Spybreak8, 01 November 2010 - 06:14 PM.
grammer

#84 Techsticles

Techsticles

Nihilistic Mystics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

Woohoo I got the Pinball Wizard outfit over the weekend. I wish it didn't have that stupid looking belt though.

Just keep adding friends who play the game and if you get enough with decent scores eventually you'll unlock the Pinball Wizard outfit. In my case I had to add about 30 friends to unlock it. If you only have a couple tables it'll probably take you a hell of a lot more friends since one of the multipliers is the number of tables you've played.

#85 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:28 AM

I just sent some friend requests out to a few of you guys.

Posted Image

#86 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

Got and accepted your request Pure, and I just sent a bunch of requests out myself, so if you see one from crunc is, that's me!

Crunchewy.png

#87 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

This is a great game. Played it over the weekend with all the tables I had from the original version. Plus a few downloads Nightmare Mansion, Rocky and Bullwinkle and the Street Fighter Table.

I just picked up a 4000 points card so I think I am going to buy table pack for part 2.

What are the opinions on Excalibur and Earth Defense?

#88 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:09 PM

You might want to ask someone else because I like em all lol. I tend to enjoy Earth Defense a bit more just because it's easier for me to hit the places that need to be hit. Excalibur is neat as it has a varied board though.

#89 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

No one on my friend list is playing this, so feel free to add me (via PM) if you're trying to unlock the Wizard Outfit as i'd like it as well. Am just missing a couple of tables but will be purchasing them tonight. Gotta love the sf2 table and wait for it...Rocky & Bullwinkle.

#90 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

This is a great game. Played it over the weekend with all the tables I had from the original version. Plus a few downloads Nightmare Mansion, Rocky and Bullwinkle and the Street Fighter Table.

I just picked up a 4000 points card so I think I am going to buy table pack for part 2.

I really like playing Excalibur.

Posted Image