Photo
- - - - -

Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

• Please log in to reply
823 replies to this topic

#91 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

This is a great game. Played it over the weekend with all the tables I had from the original version. Plus a few downloads Nightmare Mansion, Rocky and Bullwinkle and the Street Fighter Table.

I just picked up a 4000 points card so I think I am going to buy table pack for part 2.

What are the opinions on Excalibur and Earth Defense?

I bought both recently. They're like 200 points each. If you're on the fence, just do it. It's $2... ;)

I do prefer Excalibur more than Earth Defense.

#92 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

Seems like everyone is leaning towards Excalibur so I will buy this one first. I have 300 points right now that I really can't do much with and then buy the rest later. If anyone wants to add me to help them get the Wizard Outfit feel free.

#93 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:58 PM

I did the trials of all the add-on machines (including classic Pinball FX) last night. None of them jump out as that great - they all definitely feel like an old version of the game. However the trial isn't that long so it's hard to tell. I'll probably pick them up at some point, in large part because I love how this game handles high scores. Just need more of you folks to accept my friend request so we can compare scores! :) Of the ones I tried, certainly Excalibur and Earth Defense seem the most interesting, so I'll probably get those first.

#94 ruggles30

ruggles30

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

I could be retarded, but I was wondering if you guys would help me out...I just downloaded the Excalibur table this morning (200 points) and it will not show up on my FX 2 to play. Any thoughts?

#95 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

I had trouble getting the trials to show up within the game, and I think the problem proved to be that you can't navigate away from the download window within the game or the downloads stop. You can continue them later by starting tge download again and it will resume. Could that be the issue for you?

#96 Jobbercho

Jobbercho

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

I only have SFII and Nightmare Mansion, but I'll be buying more in the next couple days. Feel free to add me to boost your score.
Posted Image

#97 Techsticles

Techsticles

Nihilistic Mystics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

Looks like none of the Pinball FX2 avatar awards work after the dashboard update. This is the only game I have they are not appearing for.

#98 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Add me too, folks. I have all but 1 or 2 tables.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#99 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

Looks like none of the Pinball FX2 avatar awards work after the dashboard update. This is the only game I have they are not appearing for.

Yeah ditto, there is just an exclamation mark where the shirt is supposed to be. There is a thread over at the xbox Pinball FX 2 where others have said the same thing. Hopefully they fix it, I actually wanted to wear that sweet flame shirt.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#100 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:09 AM

Anyone looking to boost their Wizard score, please feel free to add me, too. I may send out a bunch of friend requests to some of you myself, since not one person on my friend list is playing this. I have 8 tables now, and will probably add a few more.
Posted Image

#101 Ginsburger

Ginsburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

So glad I checked this thread out - I totally forgot that this game came out last week. Going to jump online and download it right now and buy some tables that I didn't buy for FX1. Feel free to add me, I'm always down for a game.

I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but if there's enough interest, we could set up a pinball fx2 league. i'm in a real life league and it's fun as hell to have a pinball match to play every week. If people are down I'd love to set one up.

#102 BlueWingX

BlueWingX

Master of Trivia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:37 AM

So glad I checked this thread out - I totally forgot that this game came out last week. Going to jump online and download it right now and buy some tables that I didn't buy for FX1. Feel free to add me, I'm always down for a game.

I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but if there's enough interest, we could set up a pinball fx2 league. i'm in a real life league and it's fun as hell to have a pinball match to play every week. If people are down I'd love to set one up.

A league sounds like a pretty fun idea. I wish there was something like that for real in my area, but I have a hard enough time finding a good selection of pinball games in AZ. Usually, it's just the 1 or 2 that are in local theaters. Dave and Busters doesn't seem to have any... Gameworks has 2, I think, but they've almost always been broken when I've gone in. One day I'm headed to Vegas just to visit the Pinball Hall of Fame...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mr. BlueWingX's Signature provided by onetrackmind

#103 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:35 AM

A league sounds like a pretty fun idea. I wish there was something like that for real in my area, but I have a hard enough time finding a good selection of pinball games in AZ. Usually, it's just the 1 or 2 that are in local theaters. Dave and Busters doesn't seem to have any... Gameworks has 2, I think, but they've almost always been broken when I've gone in. One day I'm headed to Vegas just to visit the Pinball Hall of Fame...

It's very hard to find pinball machines around here...At least there's an Adams Family machine at my local pool hall. The rest are anywhere from 30-45 minutes away.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#104 ruggles30

ruggles30

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

That was it crunchewy....thanks for the help. Not sure why it would do that, but all I had to do was just leave the download window open until it was finished. Weird.
thanks!

#105 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

Add me too, folks. I have all but 1 or 2 tables.

Tried to, but it said your friends list is full.

Sent out friend requests to a few of you guys this morning. I'll be the guy at the bottom of your friends list leaderboard. :)
Posted Image

#106 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

A pinball league would be cool. I'd even get live for it!

Add me too. I don't know anybody who has this either. I'll add a bunch of you when I get the chance.

There's quite a few places in MN, and there's a group that meets every 3 weeks going to different places to play.

There's a bar/bowling alley 25 minutes away from me that has 40 games, including the 2 newest games, so I'm never at a loss for pinball.
Posted Image

#107 Redrazorback

Redrazorback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

Add me also if you're looking to boost your score. I have all but one table and will probably get it too eventually. I really enjoy the leaderboard competition in this game, and multiplayer has been fun the couple of times I've played.

#108 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

I've got some decent scores. My Biolab score is in the top 100, but I can't remember the exact position. Is there any way to see the leaderboards from the web? I wish you could. Among the friends on my list, as of last night, I had the high wizard score. Not sure if that's still the case. I've only got the 4 main games, but will be picking up the others soon so I ought to be able to get a pretty good wizard score. I think we ought to be able unlock the wizard outfits. Just need everybody to add everybody, and play more pinball! I'm at 7000 something and only have the 4 main games. There's, what, 6 or 7 more you can buy? Just buying them and playing them for 2 seconds each would put me up to 50k, let alone actually getting scores on them!

On Biolab, I'm still not entirely clear what you do to enable locks in this game. I think it might be ramp combos (loop, then ramp), but I'm not really sure. I just shot stuff like that and would end up with the locks enabled, whether that was really it or not! It's damned confusing. A lot of my points came from that main multiball. I must have played it 7 or 8 times and scored a lot of jackpots and super jackpots (I think it's shoot two ramps, then shoot that main, big shot for super jackpot, whatever the heck it's suppose to be.) Also played the modes (main shot multiple times to start), and got to and completed the wizard mode.

I hate that stupid little tilt-o-matic mini-playfield thing. It's just dumb. Wait. Wait. Wait. Press launch (no need to hurry). Then tilt to put it into that bendy tube thing. Hmm? That's part of the wizard mode??? The only challenging part of it is trying t figure out what the hell it's talking about in the instructions. I wasted 3 or 4 attempts because I didn't understand that it wasn't saying to "jump" right away. All you had to do was sit there and twiddle your thumbs for 10 seconds. Just wait until it says to jump, then press the A button (or flip the right stick - basically, launch the ball.) Then tilt left and right and put it in the tube at the lower left.

The wizard score thing is such a scam. I'm not really complaining here, just noting that the only point of it is to convince you to buy all the other games. It works. ;^)

#109 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

I was just thinking... this game could use Kinect in an awesome way. It could change your view of the table based on how you position yourself. I know a lot of folks here aren't fans of the kinect concept, but I really think that could enhance a game like this immensely. One of the problems is that it's hard to find a view that really lets you see everything you need to see. It's true in all video pinball games. If your view of the machine changed as you, say, leaned to the right so you could see a shot on the left better... well that would be incredible. I'm thinking especially of Pasha here, which has those shots at the top on the left and right that are hard to see and aim for. If I could just lean forward and left/right when needed to get a better view when I'm making those shots it would be fantastic.

#110 Danimal

Danimal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

The wizard score thing is such a scam. I'm not really complaining here, just noting that the only point of it is to convince you to buy all the other games. It works. ;^)

Yeah, and the worst part is that the avatar awards that unlock when your wizard score gets high enough don't even work. #-o Really hope they patch that up in the next few days.
Posted Image

#111 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, and the worst part is that the avatar awards that unlock when your wizard score gets high enough don't even work. #-o Really hope they patch that up in the next few days.

Doh! I hadn't tried to use them yet. It's perhaps worth noting, though, that other games have had such issues since the dashboard update, but I've read that people were able to apply their awards via the xbox.com web avatar editor. I'm going to try it....

EDIT: yep, I was able to add my Pinball FX 2 t-shirt to my avatar via the web. I wasn't, however, able to apply that gamerpic you unlock. Or maybe you just don't do that in the avatar editor? Probably not now that I think about it. In any case the t-shirt seems to have worked. Not sure if it's showing up on the xbox itself, but it shows up on xbox.com.

Edited by crunchewy, 04 November 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#112 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

Add me too. I don't know anybody who has this either. I'll add a bunch of you when I get the chance.

There's quite a few places in MN, and there's a group that meets every 3 weeks going to different places to play.

There's a bar/bowling alley 25 minutes away from me that has 40 games, including the 2 newest games, so I'm never at a loss for pinball.

I live in MN as well. I couldn't even tell you the last time I played a real pinball machine.

#113 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

I've got some decent scores. My Biolab score is in the top 100, but I can't remember the exact position. Is there any way to see the leaderboards from the web? I wish you could. Among the friends on my list, as of last night, I had the high wizard score. Not sure if that's still the case. I've only got the 4 main games, but will be picking up the others soon so I ought to be able to get a pretty good wizard score. I think we ought to be able unlock the wizard outfits. Just need everybody to add everybody, and play more pinball! I'm at 7000 something and only have the 4 main games. There's, what, 6 or 7 more you can buy? Just buying them and playing them for 2 seconds each would put me up to 50k, let alone actually getting scores on them!

On Biolab, I'm still not entirely clear what you do to enable locks in this game. I think it might be ramp combos (loop, then ramp), but I'm not really sure. I just shot stuff like that and would end up with the locks enabled, whether that was really it or not! It's damned confusing. A lot of my points came from that main multiball. I must have played it 7 or 8 times and scored a lot of jackpots and super jackpots (I think it's shoot two ramps, then shoot that main, big shot for super jackpot, whatever the heck it's suppose to be.) Also played the modes (main shot multiple times to start), and got to and completed the wizard mode.

I hate that stupid little tilt-o-matic mini-playfield thing. It's just dumb. Wait. Wait. Wait. Press launch (no need to hurry). Then tilt to put it into that bendy tube thing. Hmm? That's part of the wizard mode??? The only challenging part of it is trying t figure out what the hell it's talking about in the instructions. I wasted 3 or 4 attempts because I didn't understand that it wasn't saying to "jump" right away. All you had to do was sit there and twiddle your thumbs for 10 seconds. Just wait until it says to jump, then press the A button (or flip the right stick - basically, launch the ball.) Then tilt left and right and put it in the tube at the lower left.

Yeah, I just realized you were the friend request I received recently and how the hell did you get such a high score on Biolab?!?

I must be playing these tables wrong because I do decently but can never read the LCD scrolls fast enough to see what the hell I'm supposed to do before the ball is about to get lost. I mean I improved my game somewhat at least by someone here cluing me in on the table bumping to save my balls. Overall, I just keep hitting the ball and stopping it when I can but have a hard time figuring out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing unless there is something clearly flashing telling me where I'm supposed to go.
Spoiler

#114 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

Sent out friend requests to a few of you guys this morning. I'll be the guy at the bottom of your friends list leaderboard. :)

If that's the case I'll clear a spot on my friends list for you ;)

BTW, I have all the boards with the exception of the Rocky & Bullwinkle, Nightmare, and Excalibur. I'll probably be buying them soon but I need to make sure I have enough points to get the Dragon Age DLC on sale this week first.
Spoiler

#115 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, I just realized you were the friend request I received recently and how the hell did you get such a high score on Biolab?!?

Multiball over and over, plus going for those modes, but I'm not sure how much they factored in. Probably not insignificant, but getting lots and lots of jackpots and super jackpots is good. :) In any case shooting the main shot up there is safe and will get you modes, so you might as well shoot it. The hardest mode to complete is that damned skill shot one. Really sucks when you get to the second set and you have to get 4 skill shots instead of 3 (at least 4 - I got 3 but not 4 the second time). Ouch. Don't forget to bump to coerce the ball into the skill shot. Doesn't always work, but if it's going to be a miss you might as well bump the thing.

Second hardest mode is the 2-ball multiball one where you have to repeat shots. That is, shoot some shot and that shot lights for a period of time and you need to shoot the same shot again within the time limit. Two shots can be lit at a time. I forget how many you have to complete to finish the mode. The other modes are easy. The one about building your strength wasn't obvious to me at first. Just shoot the "stand up targets" that are lit. The easiest ones to hit are the weird face-with-three-eyes thing in the middle of the playfield. Hit that a bunch of times and you'll complete the mode.

Also worth noting about that weird face thing: During normal play one of the eyes is lit. If you hit the lit eye, some other shot on the playfield lights for a while. If you shoot that before it times out you get a kickback lit. That's worth doing. It's not worth trying to get it started, but if you hit it by accident and a shot gets lit as a result, go for that shot, especially if it's the left ramp, which is a relatively easy shot. I think the shots are left ramp, right loop and the upper loop (going to the right), but don't quote me on it. I usually don't bother trying to get that upper loop. It's hard to do that one.

The wizard mode is pretty straight forward. You have to complete (successfully) all the modes to get to it, then start the next mode and it will be the wizard mode. There's 3 stages to the wizard mode. To get the achievement you have to complete all 3 stages.

#116 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

I hit #34 on Pasha the other night with 105 million...

Still need to figure out Biolab, but the other ones at least I know what to do somewhat.

Love this game and can't wait for new tables.

#117 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

I wish I could have more than 100 friends, then I could add a few of you guys but unfortunately yeah I'm maxed out.

On Pasha, I just can't beat that Guards mini-game for the life of me. Also I can't seem to land the right ramp (near the bumpers) anytime I need to. All the other tables I have no problem haha. Finally got my best high score on Street Fighter (55M) but still didn't nab any achievements on that table!
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#118 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

I hit #34 on Pasha the other night with 105 million...

Still need to figure out Biolab, but the other ones at least I know what to do somewhat.

Love this game and can't wait for new tables.

I am quite aware of your 105 million. :) Good game! I haven't figured Pasha out yet. Some of it, but not all. I'm working on it. :)

#119 Ginsburger

Ginsburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

2D - what's the name of this place? I'm nowhere near MN but if I ever find myself there I'd like to know where the places to play are.

For all who have never been there and enjoy pinball, you have to check out either the Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame, or more importantly, PAPA. I went for the first time this year and it's incredible. For those not in the know, it's this private facility in Pittsburgh with ~300 perfect working machines that is only open to the public 2-3 times a year. It's the world series of competitive pinball. I didn't seed in any of the tourneys but still had a blast playing all the machines.

As far as the league goes, can we get a list of people interested so I can start putting something together?

Finally, does anyone own any machines? I'm in the process of restoring a World Cup Soccer '94. Once I'm done with that I'm shooting for an NBA Fastbreak, Congo or Johnny Mnemonic.

#120 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

Where's that at? The only place I know with a decent pinball selection is Spring Lake Park Mini-Golf course or the Midway during the State Fair (Adams Family!)