Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Coming back?

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I saw this when I googled for the episode that was on tonight..

http://www.tvtome.com/FreshPrinceofBelAir/

Under 'news':

March 06, 2005

Will Smith came to the creators of this show and My Wife & Kids show to announce a proposition about a spin-off of Fresh Prince about Will grown up and married with kids.

What do you think? Would you guys watch it? I know i'd tune in, I LOVED Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I loved Fresh Prince as well, and I'd definitely give it a watch, but this could go horribly wrong. I don't think the show would be the same without the rest of the cast members, and including them would just be weird.

Hmmm, I like him in movies better. I like when he gets a litty edgy like in Bad Boys1/2

I, Robot was one of my funnest DVD's of the year too....I enjoyed it.

We'll see how this goes though, could go really bad

I loved Fresh Prine - just watched it again last night for the first time in years. This thing MIGHT work, especially if Carlton is in there as the metrosexual "uncle" (since they were really cousins).

[quote name='seanw']I find it hard to believe that Will Smith would do episodic television.[/quote]

I agree. BTW, what ever happened to the original wife on the show. All of a sudden there was this other lady.... what happened?

i would only watch if uncle phil, jazz, and carlton were there. i dont really care about the rest of the characters. and will would have to wear his crazy neon colored volleyball player hats and all that stuff still

The dad didnt get along with her. It's in a VERY old TV GUIDE. The episode they changed the old wife for the new one they made a joke along the lines of" Jazz: Hey is it me or does your aunt look diffrent? ::everyone looks at the camera::

[quote name='opportunity777']What's next Urkel married to Laura w/kids? :p[/quote]

Don't rule it out, they did leave the show engaged.

I think it's a great idea. I've always thought it would be an interesting idea to see if a series could survive beyond the children becoming adults.

For example, I really enjoyed Boy Meets World - the perfect mix of dry humor and veiled "adult" humor disguised Disney-style with a clean family coating so the kids never got the adult jokes.

They rode out Cory and Topanga all the way into college and through at least one season of their married life. I would like to see a series that could pull off carrying the show into an all-new series. In the Boy Meets World scenario, the premise would have morphed from sitcom about a boy and his family/friends as he grows into a "Friends" - style show, and then as they have kids, etc. it would transition into a Growing Pains or Family Ties show and "Cory" would go from the kid in the show to the parent figure and their kids would take over as the main protagonists in the show.

Oh well, just a thought I've had from time to time. It would be interesting but probably a major challenge for writers to keep you interested over such a long period of time.

My favorite Boy Meets World "veiled" joke I didn't catch as a kid:

Feeny - "There's a first time for everything Ms. Lawrence" (Topanga).
Cory *half-heartedly* - "Trust me Mr. Feeny, that line won't get you anywhere."

[quote name='Mike23'][quote name='opportunity777']What's next Urkel married to Laura w/kids? :p[/quote]

Don't rule it out, they did leave the show engaged.[/quote]

Was that how the series ended?

Yeah, there's a lot of underlying sex jokes/references that I catch when I watch it now.

The dad didnt get along with her. It's in a VERY old TV GUIDE. The episode they changed the old wife for the new one they made a joke along the lines of" Jazz: Hey is it me or does your aunt look diffrent? ::everyone looks at the camera::

I actually have that episode on the PC.. Jazz stops by to give a baby pillow to Vivian and Will notices the wrong name is embroidered (sp?) on it. Jazz says "You know.. since you've had the baby, there's something different about you".. and Will looks at the camera.. that line was classic..

I want the episode where Will got shot. I have seasons 1, 3 and 4.. I want 5 and 6 :(

I highly doubt Will Smith would give up $20 million per film to do a decade old rehash. Of course, with the Friends cast as well as Tim Allen and Seinfeld getting $1 miillion per, you never know.

[quote name='Moxio']I'd definitely check it out. Seeing Carlton dance like an idiot would be funny stuff.[/quote]

It's not like the actor who plays Carlton has anything better going on. He's a security guard, I think.

peter griffin: "wasnt alfonso ribeiro in silver spoons??"

quagmire: "i think so"

Peter: "hey alfonso, were you in silver spoons?"

Alfonso Ribeiro(aka Carlton Banks):(as he is moving furniture out of peters house)"yes i was"

Did anyone else cry on that episode where Will's dad came back, but had to leave again? I remember crying like mad. Very good acting in that last scene.

[quote name='aTOH']Did anyone else cry on that episode where Will's dad came back, but had to leave again? I remember crying like mad. Very good acting in that last scene.[/quote]

I remember seeing that one. While I didn't cry, I do remember how unhappy Will Smith was. He did do a good job.

[quote name='aTOH']Did anyone else cry on that episode where Will's dad came back, but had to leave again? I remember crying like mad. Very good acting in that last scene.[/quote]

My Dad was killed that week I remember being even more bummed out when that crap happened.....damn sad episodes

Has anyone seen Will Smith's new rap video?

I couldn't believe it when it came on MTV: Hits the other day.....and even stranger than that.....

THE SONG WASN'T THAT BAD!

I mean its no "Wild Wild West", but I guess he still has SOME talent hidden up his sleeve ;)

[quote name='Backlash']Give me the gun Carlton![/quote]

I remember that episode. I'm sorry, but Carlton was being a pussy. His dad, Superman?

I think they're better off with a Carlton spinoff. He can have a wife and kids and his wacky neighbor/best friend/co-worker Screech would visit from time to time. Stefan Urkel would be their cool guy buddy who gets all the ladies and Carlton's wife have a group of gal pals that consist of Blossom and DJ from Full House. Hilarity Ensues.

bread's done
Back