Photo
- - - - -

Extra Life Charity Gaming Marathon - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED - CHECK LIST

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#301 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

Met my goal. Pulled in $141. Not bad for less than 24 hours notice to ppl (thanks to David Whelan for his donation; every bit helps). Put in a good 15 hours and finally stopped at 9 am est (could've definitely done 24 straight if I didn't have a party to go to). Played Uncharted 2 online, Dead Space Ignition, Space Invaders Extreme, and Mirror's Edge. Damn good night of gaming!

Edited by Ardrid, 18 October 2010 - 12:13 AM.

#302 Pascual

Pascual

Cheap Arse Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

To anyone who donated to me (Thanks!) I have updated my extra life page with the winners and they are:

Dougherty, Kevin - Risk: Factions (XBLA)
Warwick, John - Space Invaders Infinity Gene (PSN)
Olivera, Daniel - Zen Pinball (PSN)
Wong, Joe - Gladiator Begins (PSP)
Olivera, Lautaro - After Burner Climax (PSN)
Ballesteros, Richard - RUSE
Hallaian, Kevin - Lara Croft and Guardian of Light (PSN)
Pettit, Chase - Young Thor (PSP Mini)

Please send me a private message on CAG and tell me your name and how much you donated (to prevent anyone trying to steal your winnings!) and I will email you back the code :)

#303 morph3us

morph3us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

just woke up .... man laying in bed after this, you close your eyes and still see video games..... will be nice to be on a regular sleep schedule again

#304 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

I think I'm more tired today than I was last night...

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#305 polymeric

polymeric

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

just woke up .... man laying in bed after this, you close your eyes and still see video games..... will be nice to be on a regular sleep schedule again

I hear ya, I felt the bed moving every time I shut my eyes! Thought the house was shaking until my wife assured me it was all in my head. I _think_ that's better :)

#306 liberaltugboat

liberaltugboat

Don't Tug on Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

Well, it was a great day!
I pulled in more then double my original goal of $200...
Had friends and family support through encouragement, donations and coming to hang and play with me.
My AMAZING wife stayed up until 5 AM with me to keep me company (we play Donkey Kong Country 3 and Bomberman Live together)
After crashing (took me about 2 mins after going to bed) and getting about 4 hours of sleep I am feeling pretty good.
We made a large contribution and everyone should be proud of themselves.
CONGRATS EVERYONE!
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/LiberalTugboat

Liberating the world... one Tug at a time.

#307 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

I'm still pretty tired, got about five and a half hours of sleep, but had to wake up 'cause I have a busy day today. We did awesome, good job everyone.
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#308 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:22 PM

My mother sent me a check for some reason. Does no good since mailing it into CMN won't get it in for this.

Dang, I wish I gave you more money so you could make it. :-(
Posted Image

#309 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

Dang, I wish I gave you more money so you could make it. :-(

Nah I appreciate it. I got an email from Extra Life that donations can be sent until November 15th. So I'm going to forward it in.

That puts me at $199, which is $51 short of my goal but not bad.

Thanks to everyone that donated. I'm still exhausted (I think I fell asleep a few times with my PSP in my hands but I still claim that as game time!), but had a good time all around.

I'll post a blog summary tomorrow sometime.

#310 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:03 AM

Congrats everyone that participated. I couldn't play 24 hours straight as I had work. Wished I could have played 24 hours though. That sounds like it would be fun to try.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#311 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

I feel sorry for BlueDotLounge. He has so many entries in his raffle. Impressive $964 donated. He's gonna have a fun time announcing all 201 prizes lol.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#312 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:10 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

More of the aforementioned goodies. Shipping won't be a problem be cause A) many of the other prizes will be sent on from the respective company and B) One specific company has pledged a certain amount so I could take care of shipping.

Thanks in advance for you patience. You can still donate. Still trying to decide on the cut-off time.

#313 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

More of the aforementioned goodies. Shipping won't be a problem be cause A) many of the other prizes will be sent on from the respective company and B) One specific company has pledged a certain amount so I could take care of shipping.

Thanks in advance for you patience. You can still donate. Still trying to decide on the cut-off time.

Sorry I didn't shoot you a message asking when you were ending the raffle. I had every intention on doing so, which is why I put the "unless clearly stated" part in the OP. It must have slipped my mind. Sorry!

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#314 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:42 AM

Think we can make it to $10,000 before the Nov 15th cut-off? If we do, I'll add this clock that KoeiTecmo offered to me:

#315 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

That's awesome.

Posted Image

#316 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:39 AM

Also, if we reach $10,000 before Nov 15th, I'll start the raffle early.

#317 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:57 AM

bluedotlounge,

We don't have to do anything special to let you know the amount we received in donations right? You'll just get that from our pages and such?

#318 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

I should be able to track off of you guys down. I'll be organizing my list this week, so if I run into any problems, I'll let you know.

#319 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

Also, if we reach $10,000 before Nov 15th, I'll start the raffle early.

I need to hurry and get some stamps to send in the check donations I still have.

#320 Shoagie

Shoagie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

Im thinking we're pretty much done. I havent seen the meter move for days.

#321 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:35 PM

Im thinking we're pretty much done. I havent seen the meter move for days.

I'm sure that bluedotlounge has taken notice.

Still, the donation period has almost ended, and the raffle will begin soon.

I will do mine soon, as mine will be much easier to run. Check the forums often!

#322 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:25 PM

Nice will do. Here's praying to winning Castlevania for the PS3.

fs_overall.png

#323 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

I just want to say, Good job everyone. Good luck with the raffle, it's not the real reason why everyone donated and what not, but it's a nice little perk to those who donated and helped raise money.

On a side note, having a dead PC sucks, posting this from my PS3.

Posted Image

#324 Shoagie

Shoagie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

I just want the raffle to be done to help my game shopping for the holidays. Theres a few things in there I wouldnt have to buy if I happen to win one.

#325 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:15 PM

I just want the raffle to be done to help my game shopping for the holidays. Theres a few things in there I wouldnt have to buy if I happen to win one.

Don't worry. Everything should be said and done by mid - late November.

#326 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:02 AM

Ok. Sorry about the spotty attendance. A couple awesome thing happened this week that kept me really busy:

-Got to stop by Astro Gaming, which if you checked out their site, produce some pretty kick as gaming audio accessories.
-Sold my first freelance piece to GamesRadar, which involved meeting Danny Trejo: http://www.gamesrada...comment_content
-Played 2.5 hours of Donkey Kong Country Returns at a press demo session hosted by Nintendo.

AND great news to CAGers...

-I stopped by KoeiTecmo's office to pick up review copies of Fist of the Northstar, both on PS3 and Xbox 360, both of which will be included in this raffle. Also got 2 Quantum Theories one for each console.

They also gave me two of the alarm clocks, and man, they're hilarious. BUT, I won't include them in the raffle unless we reach $10,000.

-Last but not least, Nintendo held a press-only mixer in S.F. to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of SMB and they let me take 7 commemorative t-shirts. So those will be available as well.

More updates shortly.

#327 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:37 AM

Posted Image

#328 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:43 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#329 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

do you live in the bay area?

Posted Image

#330 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

do you live in the bay area?

I do. Did you make a donation? We can do an in-person pick up if you win something