Extra Life Charity Gaming Marathon - RAFFLE WINNERS ANNOUNCED - CHECK LIST

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#31 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

Here's my giveaway list so far, though I'm still trying to decide on the format in which to dole them out. Most of these will be sent from the game companies themselves to save on shipping. Any publisher that's not "TBA" are confirmed items.

1) EA - Madden 11 2GB USB stick, Dead Space 2 t-shirt (medium), and 3 Bulletstorm t-shirts
2) Activision - Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock 2GB USB stick (guitar shaped) and a limited ed. DJ Hero 2 t-shirt (large; 1 out of 100)
3) Nintendo - Professor Layton and the Unwound Future t-shirt (large) and a retail copy of Kirby's Epic Yarn
4) Sony - Killzone 3 t-shirt (medium), a Kevin Butler nametag t-shirt (large), and a God of War hoodie (large)
5) NIS America - Trinity Universe artbook and Sakura Wars artbook
6) Konami - Lucha Libra mask
7) XSEED Games - Ys Seven retail copy
8) Square Enix - TBA
9) Disney Interactive - Disney Interactive 2GB USB stick
10) Microsoft - TBA
11) Sega - Sonic Adventure XBLA code and a retail copy of Vanquish
12) LucasArts - TBA
13) Capcom - Monster Hunter Tri shwag collection
14) Natsume - 3-animal Harvest Moon plushie collection and a collection of 6 horsies
15) NamcoBandai - Enslaved t-shirt (large) and notebook
16) Atlus - PSN DLC game code TBA
17) D3 Publisher - PSN/XBLA DLC game code TBA
18) 2K - Mafia II promo t-shirt
19) Funimation - Anime DVD TBA
20) Warner Brothers Interactive - TBA
21) Aksys Games - 10 Gladiator Begins PSP full game codes
22) Ubisoft - PSN/XBLA DLC game code TBA
23) VIZ Media - Anime DVD TBA
24) Ignition Entertainment - TBA
25) THQ - They're on board, but still haven't decided what to give away.

Edited by bluedotlounge, 28 September 2010 - 11:44 PM.

#32 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

Yeah. Do what you can, but we don't want anybody to go broke sending out these prizes!

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#33 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

I'm down to help.
https://www.hospital...3054753A7EF44 D

PSN: frostybroc

fs_overall.png

#34 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

I'm down to help.
https://www.hospital...3054753A7EF44 D

PSN: frostybroc

Added. Thanks!

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

#35 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:17 PM

Has anyone contacted any local Gamestop or gaming places to help sponsor us? I was thinking of calling my local game stop and Play and Trade. What are your thoughts? t

fs_overall.png

#36 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Has anyone contacted any local Gamestop or gaming places to help sponsor us? I was thinking of calling my local game stop and Play and Trade. What are your thoughts? t

I typically have trouble getting big chain stores to donate or sponsor anything. I'm sure there are limits to what the managers are allowed to do.

Your best bet would be a local/smaller store. You can try somewhere like Gamestop, but don't feel disappointed if they turn you down.

#37 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

Hey guys,

I was already collecting donations, and I'd be honored to join Team CAG. Here is a link to my donation page.

https://www.hospital...216B7C2DF273C 6

My Gamertag is WaltJay.

Thanks for putting this team together!
Posted Image

#38 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Hey guys,

I was already collecting donations, and I'd be honored to join Team CAG. Here is a link to my donation page.

https://www.hospital...216B7C2DF273C 6

My Gamertag is WaltJay.

Thanks for putting this team together!

Glad to have you!

#39 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

Looks like I'll be playing a mix of Monster Hunter Tri, MAG, and LBP GOTY, thats unless I pick up Castlevania by then.

fs_overall.png

#40 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

Just joined Team CAG. I'm Ultimate Matt X on XBL and TheUMX on PSN. I'm going to Korea until the 10th, but I'll do the best I can to get donations between now and then.

#41 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

Just hit quite a few people up for donations so hopefully something pans out. As far as the games I'll be playing I figure quite a bit of Halo Reach will be a part of it. I'll probably move to the PS3 for awhile though and do some SSFIV and Uncharted. I have a lot of games though so if anyone wants to donate and play something just let me know.

Here is my donation page:

https://www.hospital...439DE3B4FB68DB2

#42 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

I attended Ubisoft's DLC-centric press event yesterday, so I told all the PR reps about Extra Life and gave me a pile of Outland t-shirts. If you haven't read up on this game, please do so. It's an Ikaruga platformer.

#43 doctorfaustus

doctorfaustus

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Alright, it's friday and that means it's also payday for a lot of people! Let's get some donations!

Donate 30 dollars today and get the gift of your choice! Check the OP for a list of my gifts!
[thread=80647]Click for crappy trade list.[/thread]

24 Hour Gaming Marathon for Charity! EXTRA LIFE OCTOBER 2011

Low Budget Blog- Featuring Review: Helsing's Fire (iPhone) and Star Wars: Cantina (iPhone Review)

#44 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

I'm signed up

Nick Varrasse

XBL: Hell M0nkey
PSN: Burning God
Wii: No clue

Oh and my donations link. (I'm very disorganized today)

https://www.hospital...5338EEA3F411037

Edited by Hell Monkey, 01 October 2010 - 09:26 PM.

#45 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

Here's a very minor tease, one of the Bulletstorm tees I'm giving away: http://yfrog.com/0ldsc04093waj

#46 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:46 PM

Thanks everybody! Everyone who has signed up should be on the list.

Rules for all prizes coming very soon! Then we'll kick advertising up a notch for the last week +.

#47 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

Wow I didn't realize so many of my friends were cheap uncaring Fuck's. I've had school teachers and law enforcement both decline to donate even a flat $5. Makes me rethink some people.

#48 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

Wow I didn't realize so many of my friends were cheap uncaring Fuck's. I've had school teachers and law enforcement both decline to donate even a flat $5. Makes me rethink some people.

It's probably the way we are doing it.

A lot of people still see gaming pretty negatively, even if it is for a good cause.

Unhealthily starving yourself for charity, then binging on an amount of food at the end of the fasting period that would make a sumo wrestler blush? That's OK. Enjoying a game and raising money for charity? No!

How dare you think that money raised through gaming is just as good as money raised through other means!

#49 PepsiDriver

PepsiDriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

Hooray! I hit my $200 goal yesterday! I was shocked!

Here's what I did, I just typed out a pretty good message and sent it to over 200 people that I actually know on Facebook.

My friend's mom donated $20, which put my money to $100, but then...

A friend I went to high school with donated $100!!! A super generous guy! My jaw dropped!

So try that out, it worked wonders in only 24 hours.

I am also going to challenge myself. For every game I beat from now until the end of the marathon, I will donate $5-$10

Posted Image

#50 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:42 PM

Hooray! I hit my $200 goal yesterday! I was shocked!

Here's what I did, I just typed out a pretty good message and sent it to over 200 people that I actually know on Facebook.

My friend's mom donated $20, which put my money to $100, but then...

A friend I went to high school with donated $100!!! A super generous guy! My jaw dropped!

So try that out, it worked wonders in only 24 hours.

I am also going to challenge myself. For every game I beat from now until the end of the marathon, I will donate $5-$10

Very, very nice.

I plan on hitting up my mom's workplace, which is full of nurses and doctors. Last year they helped out quite a bit. I might even try to hit up my own boss.

#51 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

Hey everyone. My full name is Jacob Eidelberg and I have just joined TEAM CAG. My PSN ID is jacobeid, just like my CAG username. My XBL name is take5giantsteps, but I no longer have a gold account and I don't plan on playing any xbox games during this time.

My goal is $120. I have put up a message on facebook, sent an e-mail to family, posted here on CAG, as well as to a discussion board in my comic book class at OSU. The hospital I chose is Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, which I visited several times as a child.

Let's get some donations going!

Edit: To entice some donations, I'll offer up some prizes.

If you donate $20, you'll get the choice between a code for either Alan Wake: The Signal, or the Halo Reach recon armor code. Obviously these are only available to the first two people who donate, and the first to claim them. Right now I'm at a solid $64. Nearly half of my donation goal already. Come on CAG!

Edited by jacobeid, 04 October 2010 - 12:24 AM.

#52 bluedotlounge

bluedotlounge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

OK! I finally decided on a format suited to my giveaways. Here is how it will go:

For $1 you spend, you get 1 ENTRY into my raffle, and you actually get bonus entries if you spend more:

$5 will get you 6 entries
$10 will get you 12 entries
$20 will get you 25 entries
$50 will get you 75 entries

I estimate to have about 75 items to give away so if you spend $50, you could theoretically win all of these! After the end of the marathon, the raffle will be held through random.org, which will keep everything legitimate and transparent.

Here is my donation page: https://www.hospital...1547A8692F648 8

Here are the confirmed items to date (will be updated as new items are confirmed):

1) EA - Madden 11 2GB USB stick
2) EA - Dead Space 2 'faceplate' black t-shirt (large)
3) EA - Dead Space 2 'faceplate' black t-shirt (medium)
4) EA - Bulletstorm 'Japanese monster' dark green t-shirt (x-large)
5) EA - Bulletstorm 'Japanese monster' blue t-shirt (x-large)
6) EA - Bulletstorm 'Japanese monster' black t-shirt (x-large)
7) EA - Crysis 2 'I Love NY' white t-shirt (large)
8) Activision - Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock 2GB USB stick (guitar shaped)
9) Activision - DJ Hero 2 limited edition 'obsession never ends' white t-shirt (large; #31 out of 100 made)
10) Nintendo - Professor Layton and the Unwound Future black t-shirt (large)
11) Nintendo - Photo Dojo media tournament black t-shirt (medium)
12) NamcoBandai - Enslaved 'Monkey' black t-shirt (large) & Enslaved notebook combo
13) Sony - God of War III zip-up hoodie sweatshirt (large)
14) Sony - ModNation Racers promo Mod-car
15) Sony - SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 olive t-shirt (large)
16) Sony - Kevin Butler 'VP, PS3 Softball Team' black t-shirt (large)
17) Sony - Kevin Butler 'VP, First Person Shooter Relations' black t-shirt (large)
18) Sony - Kevin Butler 'VP, First Person Shooter Relations' black t-shirt (large)
20) Sony - Kevin Butler 'Director of Rumor Confirmation' black t-shirt (large)
21) Sony - Kevin Butler 'Director of Rumor Confirmation' black t-shirt (large)
22) Sony - Uncharted 2 black t-shirt (large)
23) Capcom - Dead Rising 2 ZQ (Zombie Quarterly) magazine
24) Capcom - Resident Evil 'L.S. Kennedy' staff dark navy t-shirt (large)
25) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (medium)
26) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (medium)
27) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (large)
28) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (large)
29) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (large)
30) Ubisoft - Outland 'boss' black t-shirt (large)
31) XSEED Games - Ys Seven PSP game
32) Sega - Sonic Adventure XBLA game code
33) Sega - Vanquish Xbox 360 game
34) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
35) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
36) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
37) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
38) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
39) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
40) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
41) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
42) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
43) Aksys Games - Gladiator Begins PSP game code
44) Natsume - Harvest Moon 3-animal plushie collection
45) Natsume - Harvest Moon 6 horsie plushie cavalry
46) 2K - Mafia II promo t-shirt
47) 2K - Mafia II 2010 pin-up calendar
48) 2K - Mafia II pin-up baseball style long-sleeved white (with black sleeves) t-shirt
49) Konami - Lucha Libre wrestling mask
50) Disney Interactive - 2GB USB stick

Many more to come. I'll be taking in game company donations right up until Friday, the 15th, the day before marathon. Don't worry about shipping costs as most of these will be sent directly from the game publisher.

Edited by bluedotlounge, 04 October 2010 - 05:40 AM.

#53 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:08 AM

Major prize update to the original post.

Contact me if anything needs to be changed!

I blogged it. - http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=16893

And like I said in the blog post, thank you EVERYBODY.

#54 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hey everyone, thanks to the great support I've received from friends and family, I am currently only $6 away from my goal. That's $114 in under 24 hours. This is great, and because of it, I've raised my donation goal to $200. Unfortunately, none of the donations have been from CAG!

Who wants those codes?!

#55 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

So if we donated to our own cause post it here for the raffle?

fs_overall.png

#56 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

So if we donated to our own cause post it here for the raffle?

You have a few options :

You can donate directly to the person who has the prize that you want to win. For example, if you want to donate $3 to bluedotlounge's raffle, you would donate to his page, and you would earn 3 entries. You would then need to post in this thread that you donated to him and under what name you did.
OR, because you are participating in the marathon.
You could donate the $3 to your own account, which would earn you 3 entries.

I'm pretty sure this is what we settled on. If we didn't give participants a chance to win anything, most people would then only donate, and we would probably miss out on a few people who would do better raising money.

I'm 99% sure this is how it will work. But if bluedotlounge says something different, listen to him. The big raffle is his baby.

Edited by DrMunkee, 05 October 2010 - 12:36 AM.

#57 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

Alright, well I donated $5 to my own cause. When I come around some more money I'd be more than happy to share with others.

fs_overall.png

#58 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

I just cracked the $300 mark today; I already met my first two goals that I set, so I put it up pretty high ($480). Glad to see everyone in on this charity; it should be a memorable event on the 16th! :)

Also, how about some front-page love for Team CAG, Cheapy?
And a namedrop on the podcast?
And a shout-out on Twitter and Facebook?
And a TV ad?
And a direct mail campaign? ;)
Posted Image

#59 DrMunkee

DrMunkee

Logical AND dreamy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

I just cracked the $300 mark today; I already met my first two goals that I set, so I put it up pretty high ($480). Glad to see everyone in on this charity; it should be a memorable event on the 16th! :)

Also, how about some front-page love for Team CAG, Cheapy?
And a namedrop on the podcast?
And a shout-out on Twitter and Facebook?
And a TV ad?
And a direct mail campaign? ;)

Don't forget the movie trailer, billboard, and plug on Letterman.

I'll ask him for a front page plug tonight. He probably won't mind. It's for a good cause, and now that loads of prizes are up for grabs, more people should participate.

#60 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

In my attempt to find more easy stuff to donate that would entice some low donations, I've found a few more things.

I have a Square Enix Registration Code for Kingdom Hearts BBS and Final Fantasy XIII (PS3 if it matters) that I haven't used. I also have decals for the PSP from birth by sleep. Only $7.50 to take one of these!