The Source Clearance: Borderlands-$9.96/Left 4 Dead 2-$14.96

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Thanks OP, anyone interested in borderlands, it will be dead after today so go for it.[/QUOTE]

More than likely. I'd wager Left 4 Dead 2 will be as well. Shame there isn't a single copy of Borderlands in stock here in Calgary. Guess I'll just wait for a sale on the upcoming GOTY edition.

Great prices, but not really feeling it. As of this moment, Edmonton area only has 1 left (at St Albert) according to online stock check.

Related story. Last month KingdomHearts DS was $10 I knew I was going to the mall called The Source to see if they could hold it for me the very helpful clerk said yes. I drive over and the sales lady told me how lucky I was that I called because she had 3 other people call about it and she said 2 of them were pushy enough to tell her not to hold it for me but sell it to them instead. I was shocked and thanked her for her loyalty of service.

For a game that hasn't even hit $20 at retail (not sure I've even seen it for $30) the $10 price tag makes me think they had pretty limited stock. No surprise then that there are none near me.

Too bad though, great game. Would have been easy to recommend anyone pick it up at $10 (even $20).

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Related story. Last month KingdomHearts DS was $10 I knew I was going to the mall called The Source to see if they could hold it for me the very helpful clerk said yes. I drive over and the sales lady told me how lucky I was that I called because she had 3 other people call about it and she said 2 of them were pushy enough to tell her not to hold it for me but sell it to them instead. I was shocked and thanked her for her loyalty of service.[/QUOTE]

I havent asked to put on hold before for that very reason:
1. I figured they might not respect the deal and sell it to someone else
2. It's kind of selfish for people who may go to the store before me (even though they probably don't deserver the chance :p)

1-I've never heard of this happening before.
2-I don't see it as being selfish, it's a good use of time management. I live rural area if I'm driving into town for 30 minutes I don't want to waste my time/gas and the item not be in-stock.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']1-I've never heard of this happening before.
2-I don't see it as being selfish, it's a good use of time management. I live rural area if I'm driving into town for 30 minutes I don't want to waste my time/gas and the item not be in-stock.[/QUOTE]

1- It happened to me before (at EbGames)
2- It's not a store policy, they're not even supposed to do that. I understand your situation and I don't blame you, but nonetheless to me you're still skipping someone's else hard earned place.

Showed up at my local Source pretty early this morning (had an optometrist appt nearby) and apparently someone had scooped up all the copies of LFD2 that morning, oh well

[quote name='maigoyume']Showed up at my local Source pretty early this morning (had an optometrist appt nearby) and apparently someone had scooped up all the copies of LFD2 that morning, oh well[/QUOTE]

Try PM at Wal-mart. They usually do it.

[quote name='scourdx']Try PM at Wal-mart. They usually do it.[/QUOTE]I might try this out, I guess I'd print out the web page? I remember that they didn't want to PM in the past by calling in the store to verify the deal.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']1- It happened to me before (at EbGames)
2- It's not a store policy, they're not even supposed to do that. I understand your situation and I don't blame you, but nonetheless to me you're still skipping someone's else hard earned place.[/QUOTE]

1-You've had some else call on the phone and tell the sales clerk not to hold the item but sell to them instead? These people were not in the store they called on the phone also.
2-No, I don't agree. The person on a phone calling the store is just as much a customer as someone in the store.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']1-You've had some else call on the phone and tell the sales clerk not to hold the item but sell to them instead? These people were not in the store they called on the phone also.
2-No, I don't agree. The person on a phone calling the store is just as much a customer as someone in the store.[/QUOTE]
2: Absolutely the person on the phone has equal rights. I can agree with policies of "we'll hold it for one hour" for a hot item, but certainly not "in-store first come first serve". Some of us are simply too busy, or too far, for that to be a viable option.

[quote name='BlamBlam']Snagged 3 copies of L4D2 today. Trade 2 and save $60 off Halo Reach? I think I might do that. :D[/QUOTE]Great, and now people who actually wanted to buy L4D2 for cheap to play and not hoard to abuse trade-ins got screwed. :whistle2:?

[quote name='No One']Great, and now people who actually wanted to buy L4D2 for cheap to play and not hoard to abuse trade-ins got screwed. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

I will cop to being a greedy a-hole. There was still at least 3 in Red Deer @ Bower mall when I was there earlier this afternoon.

AND Karma is a b**** after all. No duplicates apparently.:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlamBlam']I will cop to being a greedy a-hole. There was still at least 3 in Red Deer @ Bower mall when I was there earlier this afternoon.

AND Karma is a b**** after all. No duplicates apparently.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

If you'd participated/read a bit more on the forum, you'd have known that. It's been EB's policy for a while. Not that there isn't ways around that, but you're in the wrong website for that sort of discussion.
Generally we don't condone flipping/hoarding here, RFD may be more your style then. Good luck there, the competition is pretty fierce and they usually don't share deals until they've cleared out their local stock. But you'll fit in great if you don't have a job and can afford to drive around all day flipping/hoarding.

If you decide to stay and participate in a bit more helpful manner, then welcome to the forums.

[quote name='scourdx']Try PM at Wal-mart. They usually do it.[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the one who nabbed the copies at Oakridge (I assume that's maigoyume's local Source)? ;)

[quote name='BlamBlam']Snagged 3 copies of L4D2 today. Trade 2 and save $60 off Halo Reach? I think I might do that. :D[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I could facilitate your greed :roll: I guess I should think twice about openly posting such deals if we have the likes you of on the forum.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']If you'd participated/read a bit more on the forum, you'd have known that. It's been EB's policy for a while. Not that there isn't ways around that, but you're in the wrong website for that sort of discussion.
Generally we don't condone flipping/hoarding here, RFD may be more your style then. Good luck there, the competition is pretty fierce and they usually don't share deals until they've cleared out their local stock. But you'll fit in great if you don't have a job and can afford to drive around all day flipping/hoarding.

If you decide to stay and participate in a bit more helpful manner, then welcome to the forums.[/QUOTE]

In my defense if you look at my post history I've at least attempted to post deals to save people some cash, and this is only deal I've attempted to capitalize on like this.

Had no idea that it was so frowned upon. I realize now why people comment in such a negative tone when a deal that originated here appears on RFD. I'll definitely keep this in mind for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlamBlam']Snagged 3 copies of L4D2 today. Trade 2 and save $60 off Halo Reach? I think I might do that. :D[/QUOTE]

Why don't you sell your extra 2 copies to users here for cost, so as not to appear to be as much a douchebag?

[quote name='Eoyote']I'm glad I could facilitate your greed :roll: I guess I should think twice about openly posting such deals if we have the likes you of on the forum.[/QUOTE]

I usually say I know where there is stock blank city PM me if you would like to know. That way you can choose who gets the info.

[quote name='Norieaga']Wow, I fucking HATE hoarders. Excuse my profanity.[/QUOTE]
In order to hoard there would have had to have been enough in stock so I don't think that was the case here. Most places were sold out with only 1 copy scattered here and there.

Just called to one of the stores in Brampton and the guy said pretty much no where else has them left. He also said the actual products were discontinued. Can anyone confirm this? Are the actual games not being made/shipped anymore alas Mario galaxy and metroid prime trilogy, or is it just the source who's gonna stop receiving them?

It would make sense for Borderlands to be discontinued with the new edition with included DLC coming out soon. Not sure about LFD2.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I usually say I know where there is stock blank city PM me if you would like to know. That way you can choose who gets the info.[/QUOTE]

Didn't we have some kind of sub-sub-forum that needed approval to read? Did that die?

[quote name='Opopanax']Didn't we have some kind of sub-sub-forum that needed approval to read? Did that die?[/QUOTE]
Still exists, but may as well be dead for all the posting that happens there.

bread's done
Back