Fred Meyer Midnight Special

Raviolicaponi

CAGiversary!
Today is Monday and tonight at 11:30pm Fred Meyers will open its doors for a midnight launch of Halo. If you buy a copy of Halo or Halo console you automatically get entered into a drawing that will happen at 12:30am during the opening for an Xbox360 4gb Console (2 per store). Also when buying Halo Reach you can get 50% off 1 of 10 selected Xbox 360 accessories. The ad only shows 4 of the 10 which are a 3 Month and 12 Month Live Gold cards, Halo:Reach wireless Headset and Halo:Reach controller. Its only for tonight.

Yeah, I was tempted to go for the console drawing even though I have no interest in Reach. But after stopping by a nearby GS store at 7:30 PM and seeing people waiting for the midnight launch there already, I figured Fred Meyer might be more crowded than I thought and my chances would be pretty low. I mean, if only 10 people showed up that would be pretty good odds. But I'm guessing it will be considerably more than that, even though I live in a small town with a FM that is participating. I'll be kicking myself if I find out only 5 people showed up though ;).

I went to FM and there was like 30 to 40 ppl there. But what really pissed me off is that people were showing up just for the drawing and not buying Reach. A group of kids came and none of them bought Reach, and others brought there mom and dad and all three got in on the drawing. I quitely complained to the employees and one of them said you had to buy Reach to get into the drawing and the other said you dont. So everyone including the homeless guy who showed up were all eligible. I complained to Fred Meyer and they apologized saying the ads were printed incorrectly and they sent me a $25 gift card.

bread's done
Back