Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep $29.99 @ Target (In-store)

renoBeguH

CAGiversary!
Sale lasts from 9/12-9/25.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is on TPC (Temporary Price Cut) for $29.99.

The price has been confirmed that it is not YMMV. It should be $29.99 nation-wide.

Before you try and use target.com to verify the price, keep in mind that the online prices do not match the in-store prices all the time. I have had plenty of customers (or "guests" for those familiar with Target lingo) argue with over prices/promotions of various items the site has but the stores do not (and vice-versa). The game is still listed for $39.99 on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal! When I went to my target yesterday I didnt even see the game and there was a price cut area with no copies, that might have been it.

I actually just picked the game up today at Target because I saw this deal. I believe the tag said it was though 9/25.

[quote name='slidecage']wasnt this game 29.99 everyplace if you figured in the 10 buck gift card they were offering.[/QUOTE]

No.

So... You're telling me I reserved this game on Amazon for full price 39.99 two day shipping months ago, but Amazon's shipping sucks so much I didn't get the game till today, when I could have gotten the game $10 cheaper on the same day I received it.

I thought amazon give people a 10 buck gift code if you got this game making the game 29.99 if you figure in the code...

could of swear the game had a preorder 10 buck code

I may have to go by and take a pic of the price tag and match it at best buy since I may have possibly found what i'll use my $20 Halo gift card on. Now i'll have 2 games to take time away from doing college work XD.

If anyone is purchasing this game and NOT using the Square Enix code that comes with it, let me know and maybe we can work something out :).

[quote name='slidecage']I thought amazon give people a 10 buck gift code if you got this game making the game 29.99 if you figure in the code...

could of swear the game had a preorder 10 buck code[/QUOTE]

They did. I got mine and used it.

[quote name='Trullyn']If anyone is purchasing this game and NOT using the Square Enix code that comes with it, let me know and maybe we can work something out :).[/QUOTE]

What does the code do?

I saw this TPC price for KH: Birth By Sleep at a local Target (SF Bay Area), which actually had it in stock.

I pre-ordered this on Amazon with FSSS and it is finally shipping.

[quote name='Jhuntley']So... You're telling me I reserved this game on Amazon for full price 39.99 two day shipping months ago, but Amazon's shipping sucks so much I didn't get the game till today, when I could have gotten the game $10 cheaper on the same day I received it.[/QUOTE]
I got my copy from Amazon today as well, for some reason, it took a little bit longer to receive it since I usually get pre-ordered games from Amazon a couple of days after the release date. But, I was disappointed when I saw that it didn't come with the slipcover or the decals. After I heard that the decals were inside the case (I haven't opened it yet so I'm not sure) and the slipcovers came with copies at Target and Wal-Mart, not the Amazon ones, I rushed out to Target because I remembered seeing them there on release day. I was glad that they had 3 copies left, with the slipcovers, so I got one and they were on sale for $29.99. I will keep the cover and return the game tomorrow to Target, I really needed that slipcover, it is really cool and has different artwork than the regular cover. :cool:

[quote name='bryan78']I got my copy from Amazon today as well, for some reason, it took a little bit longer to receive it since I usually get pre-ordered games from Amazon a couple of days after the release date. But, I was disappointed when I saw that it didn't come with the slipcover or the decals. After I heard that the decals were inside the case (I haven't opened it yet so I'm not sure) and the slipcovers came with copies at Target and Wal-Mart, not the Amazon ones, I rushed out to Target because I remembered seeing them there on release day. I was glad that they had 3 copies left, with the slipcovers, so I got one and they were on sale for $29.99. I will keep the cover and return the game tomorrow to Target, I really needed that slipcover, it is really cool and has different artwork than the regular cover. :cool:[/QUOTE]

There are no slipcovers on the ones Amazon shipped out :cry: I actually like it when games have slipcovers.

Is the narrative something that plays a big roll into the enjoyment of KH? I want another good PSP game but I didn't play the PS2 games.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Is the narrative something that plays a big roll into the enjoyment of KH? I want another good PSP game but I didn't play the PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

The story is the biggest thing for me. Even though this is a prequel, there are a lot of moments that are huge in relation to the later games that you may not realize if you haven't played KH1 and 2.

It's still fun though. You just may miss some of the universe of KH.

[quote name='bryan78']I got my copy from Amazon today as well, for some reason, it took a little bit longer to receive it since I usually get pre-ordered games from Amazon a couple of days after the release date. But, I was disappointed when I saw that it didn't come with the slipcover or the decals. After I heard that the decals were inside the case (I haven't opened it yet so I'm not sure) and the slipcovers came with copies at Target and Wal-Mart, not the Amazon ones, I rushed out to Target because I remembered seeing them there on release day. I was glad that they had 3 copies left, with the slipcovers, so I got one and they were on sale for $29.99. I will keep the cover and return the game tomorrow to Target, I really needed that slipcover, it is really cool and has different artwork than the regular cover. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yes, the decals are in the case.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Is the narrative something that plays a big roll into the enjoyment of KH? I want another good PSP game but I didn't play the PS2 games.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes I don't even know what's going on and I've beaten all the games in the series so far.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Sometimes I don't even know what's going on and I've beaten all the games in the series so far.[/QUOTE]

You and me both. I'm kinda beginning to hate these spin off games. I just want them to make KH3 already. I was gonna hold off on Birth by Sleep but for $30 I'm gonna try to pick it up. Thanks OP

I was going to wait on this, but couldn't resist the price when I went Sunday to pick up Professor Layton (which they didn't have). Now I just have to get around to actually beating all my KH games.

Hmm I bought it last week at target. Anyone know that if I took the receipt in if they would refund the difference or am I out of luck?

I just got home from Target and was about to make a thread about this deal myself. :D

I got my copy of the game from Amazon.com yesterday which had the decals inside the case, but no slipcover (I didn't even know there was a slipcover variation). After finding a clearance copy of Assassin's Creed for PSP on an endcap(woo!), I took another look at the PSP section and noticed KH: BBS with the slipcover for $29.99. I picked up the last copy and plan to keep the slipcover and return the sealed game later (because I already opened my Amazon copy).

Here's a picture of the slipcase/receipt:

KHBBSSale.jpg

Argh, my Target was sold out. Well, they had 1 left but the slipcover was in crappy condition. :( Waiting for a restock I guess.. anyone know how long the $29.99 sale is lasting?

[quote name='zohar']Argh, my Target was sold out. Well, they had 1 left but the slipcover was in crappy condition. :( Waiting for a restock I guess.. anyone know how long the $29.99 sale is lasting?[/QUOTE]
Price tag states 9.12-9.25

[quote name='outphase']Price tag states 9.12-9.25[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll update the OP with this.

My local target, wilkes-barre pa, had 2 copies left at 6 pm today, i snagged one fo them so they had the display copy left. oh yeah my copy has the slip cover.

[quote name='zohar']Anyone know what day Target restocks games?[/QUOTE]

There is no certain day of when Target restocks merchandise. It varies by store. To put it in the simplest way possible, some Targets receive trucks (random merchandise on every truck) every weeknight, some three times a week, and so on. Any video game that is already past its street date is immediately stocked on the shelves when it arrives. However, the employees responsible for handling these operations don't always put them out.

Your best bet is to call any local Targets in the morning to see if more copies have arrived and then, you can request for it to be put on a 24-hour hold. You can also ask the electronics salesperson to check if there are any copies of it in the backroom just in case the backroom team hasn't pulled it yet. And if that's not enough, they can also check the inventory of the same item at other Target stores in the district (nearby Targets) and you can also request to put the game on hold at any store that may have it available.

Hope that helps! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back