(DEAD) 12 Months Xbox live + plus Noble 6 helmet $29.99

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#1 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

Xbox Live is going to have a free gold weekend running from September 17th - 20th. In addition they will be offering a special upgrade price of $29.99 and a free Halo Reach Noble 6 avatar helmet. Details can be found on your console Xbox Live Spotlight.

Edit: Looks like the offer is for silver and current gold member as well. Sorry about the confusion.

Edit: Information about the Helmet Code and Auto Renewal questions from Post 277

Im on the line with m-soft now......code will be emailed in 4 to 6 weeks from the date of the order. So, i ordered yesterday so the code will get to me on a month or so.

My current gold subscription expires in Nov 2011. This extra year i just bought wont show up until the current sub expires, that is when my card will be charged.

All rather complicated if u ask me. Long story short....wait to get the helmet code, then cancel auto renew

Edited by guinaevere, 15 September 2010 - 05:58 PM.

#2 ZCG

ZCG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

Cool news for us new console owners. Thanks blueweltall =)

#3 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:53 PM

So current gold members who already have the service can renew for $39.99 as a special deal, but Silver members can now get a year for $29.99 plus a Halo Reach avatar helmet?

Thanks a lot, Microsoft.

Edit: Looks like it's for Gold members too.

Edited by animalspinners, 14 September 2010 - 06:26 PM.

#4 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

Just like MS to screw everyone else that is on XBL. I understand that it promotes Silver members to switch to Gold, but it would have been nice for everyone to be included.

#5 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

So current gold members who already have the service can renew for $39.99 as a special deal, but Silver members can now get a year for $29.99 plus a Halo Reach avatar helmet?

Thanks a lot, Microsoft.

Yeah, that does kinda blow.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#6 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

FYI, this sounds like it's ONLY for Reach owners, since the wording is sketchy. The article is written from the perspective that gold benefits will be unlocked for Reach MP.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#7 Adobe Jones

Adobe Jones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

anyone seen any old 12 month cards in this price range?

#8 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

I want a Noble 6 avatar helmet :(

#9 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

Just like MS to screw everyone else that is on XBL. I understand that it promotes Silver members to switch to Gold, but it would have been nice for everyone to be included.

Exactly.

At least make the damn helmet free to all Gold members for that weekend.

From what I remember, the Noble 6 helmet isn't unlockable in game like the other helmets, so this is one of the few ways to get it. It was given away at events like PAX and ComicCon. For us Gold members, we're out of luck.

#10 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

I might bite if I like reach. For some reason, I selected free ship and got it overnighted for free! Free release day, I'm not complaining BestBuy
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

Man, I was hoping this deal was for current gold members. I don't care about the helmet, but that's a great price for Gold. :(

#12 htown01

htown01

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

Damn, that's a good price for gold. Fortunately I am set for 3 years :)

These damn guys were giving out Noble 6 codes every 43rd minute of the hour, but they were only giving out 3 codes at a time.

It was impossible for me to get one, as every time I typed them in to the "Redeem Code" page on Xbox.com, it said the code had been redeemed :bomb:

I don't know if they'll give out any more soon.

#13 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

my gold just ran up. guess I'll get in on this.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#14 bananafish900

bananafish900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Perfect, we're having a family get together/Halo Reach party this weekend. Now we can play online instead of just locally. I'm assuming Reach has the same split screen/live capability that halo 3 does?

The avatar helmet doesn't bother me so much. My son can grab one for his account.

#15 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy I activiated a 1 month card two days ago to download the RE5 DLC 40% off. Now I'm pissed.

#16 h0mi

h0mi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:35 PM

Exactly.

At least make the damn helmet free to all Gold members for that weekend.

From what I remember, the Noble 6 helmet isn't unlockable in game like the other helmets, so this is one of the few ways to get it. It was given away at events like PAX and ComicCon. For us Gold members, we're out of luck.

And people sold these on ebay for $30. I still have my 2 codes (tried and failed selling them, sigh).

#17 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

And people sold these on ebay for $30. I still have my 2 codes (tried and failed selling them, sigh).

I think I have a beatles avatar shirt code somewhere here, if you wanna trade lol

#18 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

Thanks a lot, Microsoft.

Bummer...I would have gotten in on this.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#19 tigerpants

tigerpants

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

me too, and my gold runs out in early oct. i wonder if i can call and have them cancel my gold now, so that i could sign up for this. still kicking myself for letting that 2x 1 years go at dell for $60.

#20 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

got an ad on my spotlight, $39.99 offer. Hopefully this is legit.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#21 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

me too, and my gold runs out in early oct. i wonder if i can call and have them cancel my gold now, so that i could sign up for this.

If u try this, please let us know how it goes. I want to try this too, but I gotta get going to get to class.

#22 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

I saw this deal earlier this morning however whenever I tried to purchase it, I got an error.

#23 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

I saw this deal earlier this morning however whenever I tried to purchase it, I got an error.

It is not active until September 17th.

#24 burger96

burger96

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

Awesome, i hope this is legit, my live expires on 9/17.

#25 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

I'm a gold member and I'm seeing the promotion on in the spotlight section on the xbox dashboard...now I've only used prepaid cards in the past and this promotion requires you to give MS your credit card info and turn on auto renewal...it says that my credit card "will be charged only after your current subscription expires", which for me would be some time in November

#26 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

MS taking a dump on loyal paying customers once again.

Blows my mind.

#27 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

I'm now getting the Gold offer too -

It states "BUY YOUR NEXT GOLD NOW! Save 40% and get a free Halo Reach avatar helmet. Get 12 months for $29.99! Our best deal EVER on Xbox Live Gold!"

My Gold expires on 10/6, not sure if it's going to show up to people who are paid well in advance.

It's also letting me buy it right now, as well. It won't charge you until your current subscription expires, according to MS. Unsure as to how you get the helmet, though.

#28 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

While it does suck that MS won't give the existing customers some discounts I can why they did it with so many people jumping on this console deal they have

#29 PolarKryos

PolarKryos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

It is not active until September 17th.

Where do you see the date for when it starts officially?

Btw, I discovered this via my dashboard as well. Perfect timing cause I'm riding on free trials atm. ^^

#30 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

I'm now getting the Gold offer too -

It states "BUY YOUR NEXT GOLD NOW! Save 40% and get a free Halo Reach avatar helmet. Get 12 months for $29.99! Our best deal EVER on Xbox Live Gold!"

My Gold expires on 10/6, not sure if it's going to show up to people who are paid well in advance.

It's also letting me buy it right now, as well. It won't charge you until your current subscription expires, according to MS. Unsure as to how you get the helmet, though.

Excellent!!!

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png