(DEAD) 12 Months Xbox live + plus Noble 6 helmet $29.99

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#271 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

The best thing about this deal is my subscription expired yesterday, and my new credit card has not arrived yet...So that means, I will renew with my card that expires this month, and I will not go through the hassle of removing the card from the xbox live system, so it wont auto renew !!!

Same. Well, my AMEX expires in January... so no need to worry! That's the only reason I'm jumping on this, because it was a pain in the ass to remove my CC info last time.
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#272 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

They keep your CC# and info stored and when I wanted to cancel I had to call to cancel the auto renew and remove the CC from XBL. That was a year or so ago not sure if you still have to call now though.

So do B&M stores. If you need to return something at Best Buy and you've lost your receipt, they can look up the transaction via your CC# in their systems.

I'd be shocked if their in-store databases weren't linked to their website in some way, making it just as likely that your info can be compromised by a hacker.

#273 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:21 PM

Fellow CAGS, might I offer a suggestion that takes MS auto-renew out of the question? I have a credit card that let's me create a free online code for each transaction for shopping online for only a certain amount of money for example the $30 for this 12 month deal. The online code is ONLY good for $30 so if Microsoft tries to charge more or tries to auto-renew for $60 it will decline. It's a free service from my credit card that is on it's website. You should check to see if your card offers the service.
The end of an era, RIP Amazon.
(As of Sept. Amazon charges tax in the state of PA)

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#274 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

This is a fantastic deal- $30 will be the new half price pretty soon. :P Can you pick up more than one twelve month renewal with this?

#275 bigwightdog

bigwightdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

Fellow CAGS, might I offer a suggestion that takes MS auto-renew out of the question? I have a credit card that let's me create a free online code for each transaction for shopping online for only a certain amount of money for example the $30 for this 12 month deal. The online code is ONLY good for $30 so if Microsoft tries to charge more or tries to auto-renew for $60 it will decline. It's a free service from my credit card that is on it's website. You should check to see if your card offers the service.

This is good advice. Its worked for me as well. Also, I'm confused about those saying they didn't get the offer because they are gold. I am and I did. I have two consoles though and the one where I am playing Reach it offered and the other did not...so maybe the offer shows up under certain circumstances?

#276 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

Im on the line with m-soft now......code will be emailed in 4 to 6 weeks from the date of the order. So, i ordered yesterday so the code will get to me on a month or so.

My current gold subscription expires in Nov 2011. This extra year i just bought wont show up until the current sub expires, that is when my card will be charged.

All rather complicated if u ask me. Long story short....wait to get the helmet code, then cancel auto renew
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#277 Apostle22

Apostle22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

We do know that the family plan is coming and you can supposedly merge the family members into one unified plan. I wished I had details on that.

I have a very bad feeling that this will all be tied to one console. If it isnt, whats stopping someone and 2 other friends from splitting the cost? I seriously doubt MS hasnt thought of that. I'm hoping, but not holding my breath, for it to be multi console.

apostle22.jpg

Dangerboy.png

#278 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

Is it possible to do this on xbox.com? for some reason when i put in my debit card info on my console it wouldnt accept it.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#279 SpockBlocker

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

Wait, will we get the helmet code now, or after the new subscription actually goes on? I don't renew to this $29.99 deal until July...

#280 Ruitakim

Ruitakim

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

RE: Xbox Live Deals.

Has anyone been to Target lately?

Posted Image

Went to target and got this deal, although had to talk to the manager for them to honor it, they said it was a system glitch and that I could only buy 1. So probably a big YMMV and you probably need to be the first one at your target since I think they took off the ad after I got the deal. (This is South Plainfield, NJ Target)

#281 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

Wait, will we get the helmet code now, or after the new subscription actually goes on? I don't renew to this $29.99 deal until July...

Congratulations on asking the same question that make sup 90% of this thread. With the only difference this time being that the answer to your question is two posts up from yours.
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#282 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

That's an understatement.

yeah, but they have to honor the price that is shown. I got a software program for $20 at walmart once because someone forgot to put the new $50 price tag on.

I'm going in an hour hoping this mistake is still there. might stock up
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#283 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

how long does it take MS to reply to email? I sent one last night and still nothing. I love how they made me loose over a month of sub and i paid for the 12 month on there dashboard so it was not cheap. Has anyone else got there sub date change from the date of signup for the 12 month deal?

#284 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

I updated the OP with the relevant information about the helmet code and auto renewal from post 277. If people continue to ask about the helmet code and such, you may now smack them over the head for not reading the OP.

I had the deal go away from the dashboard (after purchase) as well - here is where I originally saw the deal when someone posted about it via Twitter.

http://twitpic.com/2og582

Not there any more...

The photo you were looking for no longer exists

Also, I keep checking on xbox.com and the spotlight upgrade offer is still for 39.99. I assume that's because I'm only a silver member, as my gold ran out a couple weeks ago.
gwensigol8.png

#285 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

I updated the OP with the relevant information about the helmet code and auto renewal from post 277. If people continue to ask about the helmet code and such, you may now smack them over the head for not reading the OP.

Not there any more...

Before smacking me in the head...

1) Soon to be Expired Credit Card:
I got this $29.99 deal this morning. My new subscription renewal doesn't start until January 2011. My confirmation says that my my credit card won't also be charged until that same renewal date of January 2011 also. However, I realized that my credit card expires December 2010. Would updating my card be a problem? Seems some people say they lose they're renewal confirmation for updating their accounts.

2) Cancellation of Subscription Renewal:
Since my credit won't be charged until the renewal date of January 2011, if I have 2nd thoughts and want to cancel this renewal because I found it cheaper somewhere else, can I still cancel it through Microsoft or Xbox.com before that date?

Thanks for kind slap.

#286 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

This deal is perfect for me. I got a $10 subscription for 3 months during Labor Day weekend, and in December I can renew for a year for $30. $40 for 15 months of Live is not bad at all, and enough to finally get me back on the service. Not having to pay until the renewal? Also nice.
Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us

#287 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Im on the line with m-soft now......code will be emailed in 4 to 6 weeks from the date of the order. So, i ordered yesterday so the code will get to me on a month or so.

My current gold subscription expires in Nov 2011. This extra year i just bought wont show up until the current sub expires, that is when my card will be charged.

All rather complicated if u ask me. Long story short....wait to get the helmet code, then cancel auto renew

say you get your code in oct 2010 and cancel auto renew in dec 2010. does that cancel this $29.99 since it hasnt started yet?

#288 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

I was heading over to Target shortly anyway. I'll check out that glitch with the $19.99 year of Live. My hubby needs his account renewed.

#289 Aughiskie

Aughiskie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

I'm not seeing this offer under my Spotlight section. I'm in the U.S. like I imagine most of you are. Was this a limited time? or will it not appear until after the free weekend? I'm seeing posts of other gold members able to take advantage of this, so I can't understand why it isn't showing up for me. Is there another way in which I can take advantage of this, other than through my dashboard? Xbox.com still wants me to pay the original price.

#290 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:54 PM

Nice price, but I don't have to renew until 2013 or so. I'm good for awhile.

:beer:

#291 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

Alright last night it wouldnt accept my debit card, but just tried again now and it was saved. Now my membership says its good until jan 2011, renewal 12 months of gold for 40% off, renewal cost 29.99. I am not sure if im locked into 29.99 price, or 40% off the new 60 dollar price when it actually has to renew my gold. Either way its a good deal.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#292 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

they offered a discount and the 20 gift card but I don't go to target much so I just said no. Then they took off the sign. . Maybe should have pushed harder. They also had a sign above the card itself that clearly said 49.99
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#293 Donavadam

Donavadam

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

I did the 29.99 deal yesterday and got the e-mail. I've gone into my account since then to see when its good through, and it says 9-14-11, problem is I just bought a 1 month subscription on Monday. Anybody else have anything like this happen?

#294 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

I did the 29.99 deal yesterday and got the e-mail. I've gone into my account since then to see when its good through, and it says 9-14-11, problem is I just bought a 1 month subscription on Monday. Anybody else have anything like this happen?

I guess me and you are the only ones having the problem. I got swindled out of 3 month sub i signed up for. There was a bit over 1 month left on it and i did this offer and seemed to void my credit i had already. Xbox Live will not get back to my email since last night so who knows what is going on. I bet they even charged me right away cause the renew date was the same date i submitted it. I will not trust these dashboard deals anymore the helmet was the reason why i did it. I hope they reply back and credit me my time back. The thing clearly said it renews it at that price when your current sub expires. This is not the case for me and i am a bit mad at it. :bomb:

#295 mikespit1

mikespit1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

Possibly already asked, but would I be able to use a one-time virtual card from my CC website for this deal and not have MS with a valid CC of mine on file? I've heard that virtual cards can be used after their expiration/one-time use is burned. Anyone have experience?

I'd like to get in on this deal since my Dell cards are stuck in production.

#296 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

I am a silver member at the moment and I would like to upgrade to gold.....Will my credit card be charged right away when i sign up?

#297 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

I am a silver member at the moment and I would like to upgrade to gold.....Will my credit card be charged right away when i sign up?

Yes

#298 Tom Jane

Tom Jane

I want my kids back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

I swear I'm a bloody idiot. I went to Spotlight and then to all sub menus and didn't find this deal anywhere. Am I missing something? :lol:
I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.

#299 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

Not showing up in my spotlight either; this deal is racist.

#300 CelticSooner

CelticSooner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:43 PM

I looked around the dashboard for the deal last night. Nothing but a bunch of Halo: Reach ads popped up.