(DEAD) 12 Months Xbox live + plus Noble 6 helmet $29.99

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#31 oyla10

oyla10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

I'm a gold member and it worked for me in the spotlight! I clicked on it and confirmed...then it gave me an error message. I just got an e-mail that confirmed my purchase though!

"This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to 12 Months of Gold for 40% off. This renewal goes into effect on Tuesday, October 05, 2010. Here is a description of the service:"

#32 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

I wonder if people who are expiring in 2010 are getting the offer. I've been silver for a few weeks, but it does suck to offer this to select people. I would be surprised if it is silver only although didn't they have a silver to gold upgrade offer in the past too.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#33 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

Thank you OP, I've been waiting on a deal to renew.
gwensigol8.png

#34 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'm a gold member and it worked for me in the spotlight! I clicked on it and confirmed...then it gave me an error message. I just got an e-mail that confirmed my purchase though!

"This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to 12 Months of Gold for 40% off. This renewal goes into effect on Tuesday, October 05, 2010. Here is a description of the service:"

Did they give you the helmet, as well?

#35 Ruitakim

Ruitakim

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if I buy this deal, it says it turns on auto-renewal, I'm assuming I can just turn it off after my prepaid cards expire and I start getting the 29.99/year gold?

#36 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

I'm now getting the Gold offer too -

It states "BUY YOUR NEXT GOLD NOW! Save 40% and get a free Halo Reach avatar helmet. Get 12 months for $29.99! Our best deal EVER on Xbox Live Gold!"

My Gold expires on 10/6, not sure if it's going to show up to people who are paid well in advance.

It's also letting me buy it right now, as well. It won't charge you until your current subscription expires, according to MS.

Same with me, so this isn't just for silver members. I've got a year and a half left...with the price of gold going up soon, I think I'm going to jump on this.

Edit: Bah, keep getting an error code.

Posted Image

#37 oyla10

oyla10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

Did they give you the helmet, as well?

I'm not seeing it yet. I don't know where it would be. I searched in hats, awards, marketplace for reach, odst, and 3 but I didn't see it anywhere. I haven't received reach in the mail yet, but maybe it is included as an award in that game.

#38 oyla10

oyla10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

Surely they wouldn't, but I wonder if we could stack this...

#39 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:34 PM

how difficult is it to remove your credit card from the microsoft system? I don't want it to autorenew at the 59.99 price...

#40 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

how difficult is it to remove your credit card from the microsoft system? I don't want it to autorenew at the 59.99 price...

you can do it via xbox.com in your account settings

#41 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

hope the deal starts working by tonight. Probably want to play some online when I get off work.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#42 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

Shows up on the SPOTLIGHT section now for gold members

"GET 40% off on your next gold + free Halo Reach Avatar Item 12 Months for only $29.99"

Posted Image

#43 Outrun9

Outrun9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:46 PM

has anyone been able go get this with ms points? or you must use a credit card?

#44 courtneydorsett

courtneydorsett

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

The deal says specifically that it's $29.99 for a year plus another year at the full price. Not sure if you can cancel after the first year.

#45 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

I just tried it and got an error. Let's see if I get a confirmation email or something.

#46 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

i just tried and got error message, mine expires in a bout 6 days. Didnt someone earlier say they got an error AND email confirmation?

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#47 AquaKnight

AquaKnight

Defender of the Seas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

The deal says specifically that it's $29.99 for a year plus another year at the full price. Not sure if you can cancel after the first year.

Just like Microsoft to pull this.

Has anyone actually done any of these deals and settled it without any problems in the past?

A lot of people just say 'oh take off the credit card' or 'its not that hard to do', but has anyone actually done it, and had no problems after a year?

Just wondering...
Defending the seas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

#48 gangstachaldo14

gangstachaldo14

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

Ummmmmmm I've been trying to get it to work with constant errors, and 15 minutes later I got like 10 confirmation emails, they're not going to charge me 10 times are they? This happen to anyone else?

#49 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

I got the error, but I also got the email confirmation

How do I get the helmet? lol

#50 The Dude 419

The Dude 419

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

It is not that hard to shut off, though it is harder than it should be. You just have to remember to do it. All the info you need can be found here in the first two posts:

http://forums.xbox.c...1/ShowPost.aspx

#51 KueMan10

KueMan10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

Ya guys. I don't know if this is worth it. It looks by buying this, you agree to also pay the $59.99 (the new Xbox Live price) for the next year. Overall you'd be paying about $90 for two years. May be more worth it to wait for any $30 deals from a retailer.

#52 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Maybe they'll email a code for the helmet around the 17th? Or maybe you have to open up Halo Waypoint for the Helmet to unlock?

#53 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

I got the error, but I also got the email confirmation

when does your current gold expire if you are gold?

How long after did you get email conf?

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#54 dark-star

dark-star

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

I don't recall any prepaid cards for much less than $30, so this may be as good as it gets. Hopefully I will see the deal when I get home later.

/edit just saw all the hoopla about a full-price 2nd year...meh..

#55 The Dude 419

The Dude 419

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

I get the error code but I also got the email confimation. So I checked my Membership level and it has changed to auto-renew on 9/12/2011, renews to 12 months of gold for 40% off

#56 gangstachaldo14

gangstachaldo14

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

Actually it's not agreeing to pay the next year, if you click the thing and have the window pop up, it says $29.99 for the 1 year, and word for word right after that it says "Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price annual membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends."

So just cancel it before it expires, simple as that.

#57 Mad dog

Mad dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy I activiated a 1 month card two days ago to download the RE5 DLC 40% off. Now I'm pissed.

Make a new account... duh.

#58 Gorge

Gorge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

So wait this is 29.99 for one year and 59.99 for the next? WTF.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 foolcrowley

foolcrowley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

Ya guys. I don't know if this is worth it. It looks by buying this, you agree to also pay the $59.99 (the new Xbox Live price) for the next year. Overall you'd be paying about $90 for two years. May be more worth it to wait for any $30 deals from a retailer.

Just got confirmation email "Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price annual membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends."

So it seems you can still tack on a retail renewel card on the cheap and not have to pay their standard price

#60 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

I just bought a 12 month subscription card and activated it a couple of days ago. I knew I should have waited.