(DEAD) 12 Months Xbox live + plus Noble 6 helmet $29.99

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#61 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

You people are making this shit way to damn complicated by overthinking it.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#62 gangstachaldo14

gangstachaldo14

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

It works for gold members too, I'm gold, got the error, got an email eventually, and now my membership says expires 11/9 and under renewal it says 40% off 29.99 12 months gold.

But again I tried it so many times I got like 6 emails, anyone know if they'll just charge once or all 6 times? I'm sure this must have happened to someone else. No one just tries once lol.

#63 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:12 PM

you can do it via xbox.com in your account settings

What is sad is that they remove the card but you can still use it to buy points on live. The card does not show up on the payment thing but once you go to buy points it gives you the old cc info to buy it. So this beats the purpose of making you safe. I called MS and they told me it was removed and i proved it was still able to charge with it removed. They told me they would look into it that was over a year ago and many calls since. So i warn you once the card is on you can remove it but if it gets hacked it can still charge things.

Also if you remove the card and go to silver after about 4-6 months they suspend the account for not having a card to renew in the future. They suspended a older tag my nephew used often. They will not even let me use it online and give me bs about it. The way they work boggles my mind.

My question is if i am paid until nov and i do this deal do they charge me right away or in nov when it goes active? I called MS and they kept trying to tell me about other stuff not related to my question. They also had no clue about gold members getting helmet.

#64 gangstachaldo14

gangstachaldo14

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

What is sad is that they remove the card but you can still use it to buy points on live. The card does not show up on the payment thing but once you go to buy points it gives you the old cc info to buy it. So this beats the purpose of making you safe. I called MS and they told me it was removed and i proved it was still able to charge with it removed. They told me they would look into it that was over a year ago and many calls since. So i warn you once the card is on you can remove it but if it gets hacked it can still charge things.

Also if you remove the card and go to silver after about 4-6 months they suspend the account for not having a card to renew in the future. They suspended a older tag my nephew used often. They will not even let me use it online and give me bs about it. The way they work boggles my mind.

My question is if i am paid until nov and i do this deal do they charge me right away or in nov when it goes active? I called MS and they kept trying to tell me about other stuff not related to my question. They also had no clue about gold members getting helmet.

Well it says it'll charge once your current subscription is expired, so I'm guessing that means it'll charge whatever card is on the account when that happens.

#65 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

It works for gold members too, I'm gold, got the error, got an email eventually, and now my membership says expires 11/9 and under renewal it says 40% off 29.99 12 months gold.

But again I tried it so many times I got like 6 emails, anyone know if they'll just charge once or all 6 times? I'm sure this must have happened to someone else. No one just tries once lol.

I would call the bank to see if there is 6 auth for that price. I had that happen on stores online and it would charge but get errors. The email makes me think it went through but the live side has a bug which does not effect the changes to account and billing since you got the emails. I just wonder if they charge right away or as the membership expires and renews for the next year.

#66 SpockBlocker

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

I'm currently on a 12 month gold card, and the deal is on my dashboard, got an error when doing it, but the confirmation email came, and my membership on xbox.com shows good through july 2012. It worked...even though I got an error. I'm guessing they'll charge the $29.99 to my card in July 2011 when my current gold expires?

#67 AquaKnight

AquaKnight

Defender of the Seas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

Actually it's not agreeing to pay the next year, if you click the thing and have the window pop up, it says $29.99 for the 1 year, and word for word right after that it says "Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price annual membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends."

So just cancel it before it expires, simple as that.

I want to believe this, but I don't trust Microsoft..

Are you sure we can remove the credit card as a method of payment after we purchase the year for $30?
Defending the seas 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

#68 killer9

killer9

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

yes u can

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#69 oyla10

oyla10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

You shouldn't have to remove the credit card, just click auto-renewal to "no". You probably will have to wait until after it tacks on this year, which is after your original expires.

#70 SpockBlocker

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

When I did the deal on the dashboard, I got an error, so I clicked it 3 times...I got 3 confirmation emails, but they all say the same date, so I know I'm not getting 3 years for that price, but are they going to charge me 3 times for 1 renewal?

#71 rayne117

rayne117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

So current gold members who already have the service can renew for $39.99 as a special deal, but Silver members can now get a year for $29.99 plus a Halo Reach avatar helmet?

Thanks a lot, Microsoft.

Edit: Looks like it's for Gold members too.

What in the world makes you think you are entitled to anything?

Exactly! We're not only cheap gamers, we're also asses.

"Good enough for me," I say; Life's too short to dwell on $5.

#72 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

The ad says they won't charge your card until your current sub expires.

#73 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

After your subscription is renewed at the $30 price, just do this to turn off the auto renewal for the following year: http://majornelson.c...to-renewal.aspx

I used my Discover card so incase they screw something up I can easily dispute it

I would also suggest the rest of you guys wait until the evening so that it gives MS some time to fix their system (although we get the confirmation email for the $30 offer, we didnt get the option to download the free helmet)

IF YOU HAVENT SIGNED UP YET THEN WAIT TIL THE EVENING UNTIL MS HAS FIXED EVERYTHING -- they'll probably leave the promo up for a few days anyways so waiting til the evening shouldnt be a problem

#74 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

Well it says it'll charge once your current subscription is expired, so I'm guessing that means it'll charge whatever card is on the account when that happens.

Thanks for that info i did not go on live to check it out yet. I do not trust MS through from past experiences but this is to good to pass up on.

I will wait for people to say they are getting the helmet ok then i will submit it.

#75 alpha064

alpha064

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

I hit confirm like 3 times, and got an error every time. I hope I don't get charged that many times...
Posted Image

#76 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

When I did the deal on the dashboard, I got an error, so I clicked it 3 times...I got 3 confirmation emails, but they all say the same date, so I know I'm not getting 3 years for that price, but are they going to charge me 3 times for 1 renewal?

You should only be charged once -- incase you do get charged more than once (which I doubt would happen) you can just dispute it with your CC

You'll probably have to do it over once again anyways after MS has fixed the system so that you can get the free helmet lol

If you're worried about it just turn off your auto renew right now to cancel the promo and then sign up again in the evening once MS has fixed the problem (http://majornelson.c...to-renewal.aspx)

#77 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

I had pre renewed my on Aug 31 for $39.99. Mine doesnt expire till Feb 2011, so anyway I call MS and tell them I had pre renewed for $39.99 and now its one sale for $29.99. They checked and changed it for the $39 to th $29 no problem. I dont think I get the avater thing but I really dont care about that. I just want the cheapest year I can get, lol. and as far as paying full price the next year, turn auto renew off after your new sub kicks in.

#78 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

You should only be charged once -- incase you do get charged more than once (which I doubt would happen) you can just dispute it with your CC

You'll probably have to do it over once again anyways after MS has fixed the system so that you can get the free helmet lol

If you're worried about it just turn off your auto renew right now to cancel the promo and then sign up again in the evening once MS has fixed the problem (http://majornelson.c...to-renewal.aspx)

That means people can get the helmet free then. They pre purchase it get the helmet then cancel the order when they get the code. I will be buying it to stay cause mine ends nov anyways.

I tried to see my renew date from major link and i get errors.

Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
  • This site may be experiencing a problem.
  • The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.
You can:

• You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or try again later at this site.

Anyone have a clue what to do?

#79 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

Hmm, so the free gold weekend is this weekend, but we don't know when this $30 gold price will change, do we? Does MS usually run these promos for a week or so? Really need new gold and this price is perfect... once I get paid.
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#80 gangstachaldo14

gangstachaldo14

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

Great news to all those including myself who got multiple emails. I just called xbox and after waiting a whopping 20 minutes to get on the phone with someone (yea I know, excellent service), he assured me I'm only getting billed once and that you can turn off the renewal and not pay $60 for the second year. This is coming straight from xbox live service reps.

#81 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

Great news to all those including myself who got multiple emails. I just called xbox and after waiting a whopping 20 minutes to get on the phone with someone (yea I know, excellent service), he assured me I'm only getting billed once and that you can turn off the renewal and not pay $60 for the second year. This is coming straight from xbox live service reps.

Nothing on the helmet?

#82 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

That means people can get the helmet free then. They pre purchase it get the helmet then cancel the order when they get the code. I will be buying it to stay cause mine ends nov anyways.

I tried to see my renew date from major link and i get errors.

Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

• This site may be experiencing a problem.
  • The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.
You can:

• You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or try again later at this site.

Xbox.com --> click "Sign in" on top right --> click "Marketplace" top right

You'll see "My Account" in the middle of the page then pick "Membership Level"

#83 gangstachaldo14

gangstachaldo14

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Nothing on the helmet?

He didn't know, but he said they would only charge once regardless so my best bet by putting 2 and 2 together is just do it again once the error code thing is fixed to get the helmet, you can only get charged once so I'll probably do the same.

#84 alpha064

alpha064

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

Good to know, I would've flipped if they charged me three times.
Posted Image

#85 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

Remember everyone that jumps on this "deal" you'll be set up for auto renewal at the new higher gold price that takes affect later this year.

#86 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

The Major Nelson post is over a year old and some of the links have gone bad since then.

#87 gangstachaldo14

gangstachaldo14

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Remember everyone that jumps on this "deal" you'll be set up for auto renewal at the new higher gold price that takes affect later this year.

Yea, it should be stressed to everyone to cancel auto-renewal once this is done. I highly doubt anyone wants to pay $60 for 1 year of gold.

#88 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

Xbox.com --> click "Sign in" on top right --> click "Marketplace" top right

You'll see "My Account" in the middle of the page then pick "Membership Level"

Yeah that is when i hit that sign in error i pasted. The webpage title was continue and that is where it asks to verify account login to login again. It just goes to a error page and no way to login. I am wondering if they are having issues or me. I will try when i get back from dinner i guess.

#89 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

MS taking a dump on loyal paying customers once again.

Blows my mind.

It blows my mind that gamers constantly berate Microsoft, Activision, Sony etc, for being evil, greedy, and screwing customers. What company doesn't treat new customers different than existing ones? Every week I get awesome promotions for Comcast by mail. They are limited to new customers. I'm an existing customer. It's as if they are taunting me. Same thing goes for promos offered by Direct TV, Dish, Verizon, Netflix, and Gamefly. Does it suck? Yes. Is it fair? No. Did Microsoft do anything unique? Hardly.

p.s. Same goes for Activision. Electronic Arts, Bethesda, and Capcom (just to name a few) have all operated in ways that can be viewed as greedy and short-sighted.

Edited by paddlefoot, 14 September 2010 - 09:04 PM.

#90 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

Nice guess it's time to pay for my last two years of x$b$o$x$ l$i$v$e$ and then cross my fingers that the next generation console comes out and it's not some asshats charging us ridiculous amounts for online play when every other system it is free (:ps3::wii::ds::psp:)