(DEAD) 12 Months Xbox live + plus Noble 6 helmet $29.99

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#91 SpockBlocker

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

So, where's the free helmet? I didn't get an email with a code or anything...

#92 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

Yeah that is when i hit that sign in error i pasted. The webpage title was continue and that is where it asks to verify account login to login again. It just goes to a error page and no way to login. I am wondering if they are having issues or me. I will try when i get back from dinner i guess.

Works fine for me -- are you using the correct email and password (has to be the same email thats linked to your Xbox Live ID)

Double check: turn on your Xbox then hit the Xbox button -> Settings -> Account Management -> Windows Live ID and it'll show you your email that you need to login with on Xbox.com

#93 wune

wune

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

Why was everybody freaking out about this not being for Gold members? That doesn't make any sense for ms to do that.

#94 whodat

whodat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:01 PM

Glad I waited to renew. Wondering if I should pay with a prepaid card because I do not keeping my card on file for any website.

#95 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

Pretty sure this is for everyone, not just Silver users. I saw it on my dashboard, and I have a 3-month Gold subscription I got Labor Day weekend.
Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us

#96 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

Why was everybody freaking out about this not being for Gold members? That doesn't make any sense for ms to do that.

They are doing that, now.

#97 jcmeadows

jcmeadows

Even I'm embarrassed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Pretty sure this is for everyone, not just Silver users. I saw it on my dashboard, and I have a 3-month Gold subscription I got Labor Day weekend.

Correct it is for everyone. Im a 7 year gold member and my gold doesnt run out till Feb 2011 and i just renewed, wont be charged $29 till Feb.

#98 digi7

digi7

Sensual Seduction

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

I'd like to know that as well...

#99 Rogy21

Rogy21

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

So did ANYONE who did this (I just set up my renewal) get the Noble 6 helmet? I mean I want the Xbox Live for 29.99, but the helmet was the extra kick that made me do it. Damn you Microsoft...

#100 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:13 PM

Yeah that is when i hit that sign in error i pasted. The webpage title was continue and that is where it asks to verify account login to login again. It just goes to a error page and no way to login. I am wondering if they are having issues or me. I will try when i get back from dinner i guess.

Try using a different browser. I've been getting that error in Internet Explorer for the last couple weeks for some reason, but it works perfectly fine in Chrome.
Posted Image

#101 PolarKryos

PolarKryos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

Went to cancel the auto-renewal and noticed this message below.

We don't want you to miss out on all the fun!

And because you have been a loyal member, we want to give you an opportunity to set up your upcoming Gold renewal into a low price.

Click here to set up your upcoming Gold renewal at only $39.99!

Looks like they are offering $40 guaranteed for next year, not $59.99, as long as I don't cancel auto-renew that is. Might not be such a bad idea since next years deals probably won't be $30 anymore because the standard price is rising.

#102 Michael Essien

Michael Essien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

whoa, why don't the UK get offers like these. It's like £32/$50 for just 12 months alone. :(
Marriage is a three ring circus:
engagement ring,
wedding ring,
and

suffering. :bomb:
------------------------
If i helped you out in anyway, please subscribe to my YouTube channel :)

#103 spiky32kobe

spiky32kobe

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

So no1 has been able to get their helmet right? I also got 2 emails so hopefully i dont get charged twice =(

#104 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

huh, I hit confirm, and it went through. Thought I used the wrong CC info so went back and hit the CC again. confirmed again. got 2 emails, one to confirm the 40% deal I just got and this one.

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to 12 Months of Gold for 40% off. This renewal goes into effect on Wednesday, September 14, 2011. Here is a description of the service:

Did I sign up for another year at $29.99?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#105 JustinTheGamer

JustinTheGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

^

#106 Rogy21

Rogy21

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

I'll be calling Microsoft about my helmet when I get back from class. Speaking of, I should study for my Math quiz.

#107 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

It blows my mind that gamers constantly berate Microsoft, Activision, Sony etcorgor being evil, greedy, and screwing customers. What company doesn't treat new customers different than existing ones? Every week I get awesome promotions for Comcast by mail. They are limited to new customers. I'm an existing customer. It's as if they are taunting me. Same thing goes for promos offered by Direct TV, Dish, Verizon, Netflix, and Gamefly. Does it suck? Yes. Is it fair? No. Did Microsoft do anything unique? Hardly.

p.s. Same goes for Activision. Electronic Arts, Bethesda, and Capcom (just to name a few) have all operated in ways that can be viewed as greedy and short-sighted.

How does it blow your mind that people dont like being taken advantage of?

BTW, I posted that before we found out gold members could jump on this too.

Just because every company operates like that doesn't make it right.

#108 Apostle22

Apostle22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

my gold expires in january and i signed up.....checked my acct mgmt page and it says auto renewal 29.99 after 1/11.......

apostle22.jpg

Dangerboy.png

#109 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

I have been reading this thread and it's still not clear if current members get a year of gold for $30 or not. I could care less about the damn helmet. They have been giving away a lot of those on twitter and I have never cared to try and get one. They also had them at comic-con and I didn't care for them then either. My gold expires soon so I need to renew soon but I refuse to pay more than $30 a year, I never have since 2006 and I am not about to begin doing so even after the price increase.

Edit: Above post seems to confirm $30 for current gold members
Posted Image

#110 Rogy21

Rogy21

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

Lol, did anyone else notice that the deal is mysteriously gone from the dashboard?

#111 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

I was able to renew my sub at this price. It failed when I hit confirm to buy, but my email says it succeeded so I guess I'll assume that was correct.

SteamWidget.PNG

#112 tkim83

tkim83

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:49 PM

how difficult is it to remove your credit card from the microsoft system? I don't want it to autorenew at the 59.99 price...

Quite hard as I just found out.

You basically can't remove your CC info while your under the 1 year subscription plan. It is possible to turn off auto renewal though (although kinda hard to find.... had to google to find out)

#113 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

I've been waiting for this to be 29.99. thanks op!

#114 NateN34

NateN34

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

Lol, did anyone else notice that the deal is mysteriously gone from the dashboard?

Deal is still there. But I am just wondering how I get my Avatar Noble 6 Helmet. Went to Halo Waypoint, Marketplace, and Avatar Customization. Have not tried Halo: Reach yet, as mine is sitting at my house, which I am not going to be at for a week

#115 RawrrSlayer

RawrrSlayer

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

Awesome! I just got my first 360 for my Birthday :D
So Very In!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#116 AshDOG

AshDOG

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

Here is the email I got:

Dear <Name Goes Here>,

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to 12 Months of Gold for 40% off. This renewal goes into effect on <Date your current Xbox Live account expires>. Here is a description of the service:

Act Now: Get a 12-month Gold membership today for just $29.99. As an Xbox LIVE® Gold member, access the best in gaming and entertainment. Enjoy playing games online with friends, video chat, and Gold-only discounts. Stream Netflix movies, tune into music from Last.fm, and connect with friends on Facebook and Twitter – right from your TV! For only $29.99 plus applicable taxes, your 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership helps you get the most out of your Xbox experience. Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price annual membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends. Pricing details can be viewed in the Account Management area of your gamer profile. For information about changing or canceling your membership and your membership refund policy, go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Did you know that with Xbox LIVE® Marketplace on the Web, you can now buy Microsoft Points, purchase games, download game demos, and rent videos directly on Xbox.com to use on your console? All you need is a Silver or Gold account, an Xbox 360 with Internet access and a storage device, and you're ready to get points, queue up game and video downloads to your Xbox 360 and more, all from the convenience of your PC. You can even renew your subscription and easily manage your account online. Just visit this site: http://marketplace.xbox.com. See you on Xbox LIVE!

Thank you for using Microsoft Online Services.

Xbox LIVE Team

#117 AshDOG

AshDOG

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

Btw I replaced the date with the < >. So it looks like they don't charge you till you run out of Xbox Live. In my case, 2012! LOL

Still trying to figure out how to get the avatar item though. :(

#118 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

huh, I hit confirm, and it went through. Thought I used the wrong CC info so went back and hit the CC again. confirmed again. got 2 emails, one to confirm the 40% deal I just got and this one.

This mail is confirmation that you have successfully renewed your subscription to 12 Months of Gold for 40% off. This renewal goes into effect on Wednesday, September 14, 2011. Here is a description of the service:

Did I sign up for another year at $29.99?

this is what my account says. I wonder if I will get $29.99 when it auto renews in 1 year.

Posted Image

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#119 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

wait how do you get the helmet? I don't really care, but since they said I'd get one I want it now. I just bought the gold on the dashboard.

#120 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

im a little reluctant based on the wording. it says it charges when youre current sub expires with auto-renewal and the next year at the then current price.
im a little worried this will lock me into the following year for the full $60 which i obviously dont want to do.
also will i have to leave my CC info attatched to my account until it charges me ? im not cool with leaving my cc info in the account that long.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image