(DEAD) 12 Months Xbox live + plus Noble 6 helmet $29.99

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#121 I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

X-Men Forever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:19 PM

Will you be charged now or at auto-renewal?

And I agree with the post above. There was fine print I couldn't read on my TV. (get it for 29.99*)
Anybody know what the "*" says?

Also, I'm never giving my CC info to Microsoft. Too many have been stolen.

#122 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

Sort of a kick in the pants to dedicated gold subscribers to offer this so soon after offering other members a last minute renewal fro $39.99 for the year. It makes zero sense as to why they can't offer this to those they've already made so much money from already.

Spose its all just business. Tis truly why I never buy direct from MS to begin with. Bass-ackwards marketing.

#123 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

How does it blow your mind that people dont like being taken advantage of?

BTW, I posted that before we found out gold members could jump on this too.

Just because every company operates like that doesn't make it right.

Sarcasm in the first sentence. It wasn't meant to be humorous, instead merely suggesting your initial comment was slightly exaggerating the supposed offer (at the time).

My post needs to be taken as a whole and not just the first sentence. I am simply pointing out that it shouldn't blow your mind that Microsoft is offering savings exclusive for new customers. Offering the same discounts to both would be the exception, not the rule.

#124 AshDOG

AshDOG

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:20 PM

Yeah when I go to Membership Level it says the same thing for me too.

Now I'm guessing we will get an email later with the code for the helm?

#125 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

dates in the subject title are wrong- I got Gold for 29.99 today (9/14)

plus tax.

#126 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

Sort of a kick in the pants to dedicated gold subscribers to offer this so soon after offering other members a last minute renewal fro $39.99 for the year. It makes zero sense as to why they can't offer this to those they've already made so much money from already.

Someone in this thread said they e-mailed MS and got the renewal rate switched from $40 to $30 by bringing up this offer with customer service. Plus, what's to stop you from canceling your existing "$39.99 charge at next renewal" and replace it with this offer via your account management settings?

#127 AshDOG

AshDOG

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:28 PM

I twittered Major Nelson on the helm. Lets see what he says.

#128 GeddyThePolack

GeddyThePolack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

I might have done this....if my 8th Xbox hadn't just broken. Wow I can't wait to get that complimentary 1 month card.

Posted Image=fail

#129 FeuerFrei

FeuerFrei

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

Will you be charged now or at auto-renewal?

And I agree with the post above. There was fine print I couldn't read on my TV. (get it for 29.99*)

Offer not available for users currently on a promotional online Gold subscription. Your card will be charged for renewal only at the end of your current subscription terms.

*One year subscription at $29.99 for the first year with auto renewal at the then current annual price following year one.

Also, it's not working at all for me, but I'm still on the 3 months for $9.99 promo. Anyone else have a promo plan and having trouble? :(

#130 Maizrim

Maizrim

Geezer Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

I had the deal go away from the dashboard (after purchase) as well - here is where I originally saw the deal when someone posted about it via Twitter.

http://twitpic.com/2og582
You've been mostly dead all day.

#131 I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

X-Men Forever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

Just found out Newegg recently had the 12 month card for sale for $29.99 also w/ free shipping. Maybe they'll do it again.

#132 overblood

overblood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

I was able to do the 29.99 deal and my gold dosn't run until march next year so this deal is available for for origanal gold members

#133 ieatpoptarts

ieatpoptarts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

The fine print reads:
"*One year subscription at 29.99 for the first year with auto-renewal at the then CURRENT ANNUAL PRICE FOLLOWING YEAR ONE"

Meaning you will be charged $69.99 for the next year after you paid $29.99

No worries, you can just turn auto-renewal off. I've done it several times before.
Posted Image

#134 I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

X-Men Forever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

No worries, you can just turn auto-renewal off. I've done it several times before.

Err but it states this offer applies with having auto-renewal?

Idk I'm confused about the whole thing. I'm going to wait and see if newegg puts the card up at $29.99 again.

#135 OblivionScamp

OblivionScamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

ya i agree i am silver now and happier than ever, was gold for 4 years and they just lost me a few months back, sick of paying for abuse and now with a price hike coming in november i don't even think i would bite at 30 bucks now. This "deal" is a blatent attempt by M$ to get your credit card on file so they can lock you in to an auto renewal for 70 bucks in a year...crooks....love the games though that is why i am keeping the system and just running steam for my online gaming for FREE.

#136 NateN34

NateN34

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

Bah....................if they try charging me after 1 year is over, then I will just cancel my credit card.

#137 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image

The fine print reads:
"*One year subscription at 29.99 for the first year with auto-renewal at the then CURRENT ANNUAL PRICE FOLLOWING YEAR ONE"

Meaning you will be charged $69.99 for the next year after you paid $29.99

Not sure why everyone is making a big deal or getting confused. That line is there to tell you that the $30 promo is only good for 1 year so after that it'll be renewed at the regular price (which will be $60)

After it renews your account at the $30 rate, you have 1 year to turn off the auto renew option so that you wont be charged for the 2nd year at the full price...

Confirmation email clearly says: "Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price annual membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends."

#138 I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK

X-Men Forever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

Not sure why everyone is making a big deal or getting confused. That line is there to tell you that the $30 promo is only good for 1 year so after that it'll be renewed at the regular price (which will be $60)

After it renews your account at the $30 rate, you have 1 year to turn off the auto renew option so that you wont be charged for the 2nd year at the full price...

Confirmation email clearly says: "Your membership will automatically renew to a standard price annual membership at the then current price, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends."

Ah ok thanks. Deleting that post.

#139 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

Sarcasm in the first sentence. It wasn't meant to be humorous, instead merely suggesting your initial comment was slightly exaggerating the supposed offer (at the time).

My post needs to be taken as a whole and not just the first sentence. I am simply pointing out that it shouldn't blow your mind that Microsoft is offering savings exclusive for new customers. Offering the same discounts to both would be the exception, not the rule.

Sorry, didnt catch the sarcasm... thought you were in bed with MS or something, lol.

I get where you're coming from. I just hate (paying for) LIVE to begin with. Should be free. Paying to play games that you already purchased is very annoying.

Seems like everything now is out to get your wallet. DLC that should be in the game, auto-renewal, LIVE in general.

#140 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

First thing I saw on the dashboard today, I'm getting the 29.99 for a year + free helmet offer. My gold expires 10/2. Might have to hop on this. I haven't played ODST, and am seeing no indicator that is a prerequisite. Hell, I haven't played Halo 3 in over a year either.

If you people can't find it, its right in the "Spotlight" section for me.
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#141 ieatpoptarts

ieatpoptarts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

Did anyone get their helmet yet?
Posted Image

#142 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

Did anyone get their helmet yet?

I just got the email confirming the 12 months but nothing about the helmet yet, great deal especially since I really wanted that helmet but didn't want to pay those ebay prices for the code

#143 blackhole82

blackhole82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:09 PM

I think if you take advantage of these "deals" through Xbox live you get locked into auto renewal. That kind of stuff doesn't happen with the cards. I guess you can always jump through hurdles to cancel if you decide to in the future though.
Posted Image

#144 Crimson_Nepenthe

Crimson_Nepenthe

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

Edit

Edited by Crimson_Nepenthe, 14 September 2010 - 10:26 PM.

#145 JustinTheGamer

JustinTheGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

So... no helmet?

#146 ieatpoptarts

ieatpoptarts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:17 PM

I just got the email confirming the 12 months but nothing about the helmet yet, great deal especially since I really wanted that helmet but didn't want to pay those ebay prices for the code

Yeah, I heard they're selling for $10-$20
Posted Image

#147 Crimson_Nepenthe

Crimson_Nepenthe

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, I heard they're selling for $10-$20

Really that much geez over a stupid avatar helmet lol was just a bonus for me.

#148 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

Ok guys here's the low down, If you do this and you already have live you will NOT be charged until after your current subscription runs out. At that time MS will charge your card $30 for a year which will also put you in a auto renewal state. You can remove your CC info from MS thru xbox.com under your accounts settings but I'm guessing (have live till 2013 so not doing this) they are going to hard lock that CC info until they are able to charge. Once this happens you'll then be able to remove the auto renewal and CC info. As for the avatar item I'm guessing that you won't get an e-mail until this weekend.

#149 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:23 PM

I think if you take advantage of these "deals" through Xbox live you get locked into auto renewal. That kind of stuff doesn't happen with the cards. I guess you can always jump through hurdles to cancel if you decide to in the future though.

Is it really that much of hurdle to cancel? In any case, I think this promotion is a shitty slap in the face. It's like apologizing beforehand for increasing their fees by indirectly coercing you to buy a year's subscription anyway.

#150 Crimson_Nepenthe

Crimson_Nepenthe

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

Seriously... Its not that difficult to turn off Auto Renewal took me 2 Minutes of Reading and 1 minute to turn it off under your profile on Xbox.com