Buy 2 Used games, get 1 for $1 at GoHastings - Use Code GOHASTMMS

bugeeker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Enter promo code "GOHASTMMS" at checkout when you buy 3 used games at GoHastings.com to get one of them marked down to $1. NOTE: Code only works when entered in ALL CAPS, as written! If you enter "gohastmms" it will NOT work.

Games must be "Used," as opposed to "Previously Viewed" or anything else. The cheapest game will be marked $1. Thus, if you want 6 games, you'll probably want to do two separate orders, one with the most expensive 3, the other with the cheapest 3.

I just today used this code to get Brutal Legend, Heavenly Sword, and Infamous for a total of $34.10, shipped.
The last used games I bought from GoHastings arrived in about a week, and were all in very good shape and complete w/ box & manual.

I think this promotion is good till 9/30. Enjoy!

Wait. They need a code for this now? Is there anything else as a bonus compared to the ongoing one for almost a year (I know they keep setting expiration dates but I've been taking advantage of this since the start of the year as they keep re-doing it immediately after expiration..)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271382 (Since expired deal which keeps being renewed by goHastings)
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=storead (Store Ad so you can walk-in and get this deal too without coupon or code)

Trade in values are so low on gazelle now that there isn't much I've seen that is flippable ... the only decent one would be a trade to amazon/noram ... Madden 11 for ps3. gohastings allows 3 Madden 11's, so that's $36 X 3 ($108 credit for $78 spent).... but my concern is that you will only get it if you get manual and case ... if you don't get those, gazelle is only offering around $20. So, you're risking $18 to possibly get $30 in amazon credit. Not worth it to me ... maybe to you?

They just have to do this sale when I just got Reach lol. I think I will pass on this sale for now but for anyone wondering. I've ordered 3 times from them and ALL 3 times I've gotten my games complete and in great condition. I would use them if i didn't have games to already play! The frequency of these B2G1 sales are so often that I'm sure we will see one either late Sept/early Oct.

EDIT: didn't notice it would last till the end of Sept. Well maybe in Oct we will see another B2G1 lol

[quote name='Drakee']Wait. They need a code for this now? Is there anything else as a bonus compared to the ongoing one for almost a year (I know they keep setting expiration dates but I've been taking advantage of this since the start of the year as they keep re-doing it immediately after expiration..)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271382 (Since expired deal which keeps being renewed by goHastings)
http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=storead (Store Ad so you can walk-in and get this deal too without coupon or code)[/QUOTE]

Odd, right? The last time I bought from them was using the first deal you mention and it was automatic, but this time it didn't work until I put in the code.

The second deal is nice and you save on the still-annoying (though reasonable) shipping, but alas, there are no stores near me.

I think they may take this route more often since people were using coupon codes in conjunction with the B2G1 (this way it's impossible to decrease their profit regardless of what you try.) First shipping, now this. Damn you, GoHastings.

Yeah, when I ordered from them back in January, shipping was a mere $4.99 for the 3 games. This month, it jumped to $6.84.

You're probably right about the coupon code blocking. Last month, they had the "crazy 20% off entire purchase" deal which was pretty sweet if you managed to stack it.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Trade in values are so low on gazelle now that there isn't much I've seen that is flippable ... the only decent one would be a trade to amazon/noram ... Madden 11 for ps3. gohastings allows 3 Madden 11's, so that's $36 X 3 ($108 credit for $78 spent).... but my concern is that you will only get it if you get manual and case ... if you don't get those, gazelle is only offering around $20. So, you're risking $18 to possibly get $30 in amazon credit. Not worth it to me ... maybe to you?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're aware of this, but most people buy games to umm play them. Just saying.

Heck, the way some of you guys talk about flipping makes me think you'd be better suited on the stock exchange.

[quote name='rp71284']Not sure if you're aware of this, but most people buy games to umm play them. Just saying.

Heck, the way some of you guys talk about flipping makes me think you'd be better suited on the stock exchange.[/QUOTE]

I flip games as well. I'll buy them at a discount or it has to come with a GC, then I sell it back, buy another game at a discount with the GC, then repeat so on and so forth. But I DO play them. For example, I had no real interest in Reach until I saw it came with a $20 GC, so I pre-ordered thinking I'd play it for a week then sell it, but to my surprise it's actually quite awesome and I think I may keep it for awhile. What I'm going to do next is flip more games with another $40 I have. You'd be surprised how many people do this. I mean you can play the games for basically free and make some money.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']I flip games as well. I'll buy them at a discount or it has to come with a GC, then I sell it back, buy another game at a discount with the GC, then repeat so on and so forth. But I DO play them. For example, I had no real interest in Reach until I saw it came with a $20 GC, so I pre-ordered thinking I'd play it for a week then sell it, but to my surprise it's actually quite awesome and I think I may keep it for awhile. What I'm going to do next is flip more games with another $40 I have. You'd be surprised how many people do this. I mean you can play the games for basically free and make some money.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah that I have no problem with. I was referring to somebody buying 3 of one game, to trade to Amazon (who only has a 7-day window). I do what you're talking about as well. No reason to keep a 1-player game around once you've beaten it.

Anyway, there are some really good deals to be had. I can finally get Tiger Woods & Madden 11 for a reasonable price, along with another random cheap game as well.

Actually on top of the automatic B2G1, GoHastings has used B2G1 codes in the past. It seems that they tend to do the code a few months in between the code less versions (I'm guessing in hopes that people who don't know about it will spend more than necessary.)

[quote name='boom!']what's the difference between USED and PREVIOUSLY VIEWED? which is worst?[/QUOTE]

Used are trade ins. Previously viewed are their ex-rentals.

I wanted to build up my DS library with this, but most of the titles I want are out of stock. For the lower priced ones the deal is much less attractive when the $7 shipping makes up much of the savings :bomb:

[quote name='henry00x']Code didnt work for me[/QUOTE]

make sure the games are listed as used i got caught up with that as well when i went to add in heavy rain but i clicked for the used version instead of previously viewed and all is good. thanks for the post op i was able to get three games ive been wanting for a long time now.

Usually it's the shipping that kills it for me, but the one game I've been waiting for (GH5 for PS3) is finally at a low enough price...now I just can't find a third game, lol.

[quote name='rp71284']Not sure if you're aware of this, but most people buy games to umm play them. Just saying.

Heck, the way some of you guys talk about flipping makes me think you'd be better suited on the stock exchange.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time, from these sales, I'll buy 2 games that are flippable and then that will cover the cost of the third .... so I'm getting a game for free. Sometimes I'll buy 3 b/c I want them and they also have a decent value ... then I'll turn around and trade them on goozex. I'm poor ... so ... I have to be resourceful.

[quote name='rawrker']
I wanted to build up my DS library with this, but most of the titles I want are out of stock. For the lower priced ones the deal is much less attractive when the $7 shipping makes up much of the savings :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend checking back in a week; two of the three games I bought yesterday had been out of stock earlier this month, and I was pleasantly surprised to see them available now. This deal should be good till the end of the month.

And you're right that the deal gets better the pricier the games you buy are.

GOHASTMMS

doesn't work for me. I put 3 used things in my cart and nothing.....

Is that the right code entered at top of my post?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='horriblehager']GOHASTMMS

doesn't work for me. I put 2 used things in my cart and nothing.....

Is that the right code entered at top of my post?
[/QUOTE]

you need to add 3 used games since its a buy 2 get 1 for $1.

ok I bit. I didn't on the last one, but with this opportunity I couldn't help it.

Valkyria Chronicles
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

for 51.49 USD shipped.

Sigh and FFXIV is coming in 2 weeks... Stop it with these great deals!

GOHASTINGS used to be a paradise for me. Until I placed 3 orders a couple of months ago and received a game that was chewed by a dog (no kidding) and I did not received another 3 games from my orders.

Yep, previous to that I was in love with the site, and did not wanted to believe this could happen when I read about experiences from other people here.

Customer service is non existent. When I asked them to send me the games I was missing, their answer was, send whatever games you did receive and when we get them back we will refund the amount of your purchase. Which is a pretty useless response in my opinion. I didn't wanted less games, I wanted more games. Amazon has spoiled me with their excellent support I guess.

In closing. I hope this doesn't ever happen to any of you. Cause it sucks...

Much like other companies, GoHastings is pretty much YMMV. Take for example how I've bought a number of games from them and the worst thing that's happened is that one of the games I bought was a PS3 case with a hole in it. My friend on the other hand has bought a few times from them and has had to call their customer service department a few times.

[quote name='Xellos2099']wow madeen used is quite expensive at 53 bucks even with buy 2 get 1 for one dollar.[/QUOTE]

Price went up by a ton ...

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I received one of those we-missed-you-please-come-back 20% coupons.
Any chance this will stack?[/QUOTE]

One coupon at a time, so no.

[quote name='ploppsdman']... there isn't much I've seen that is flippable ... the only decent one would be a trade to amazon/noram ... Madden 11 for ps3. gohastings allows 3 Madden 11's...[/QUOTE]

So, just for fun, I made an excel worksheet to crunch the numbers to calculate best candidates for flipping with this deal. This is totally just for reference; if you actually try it, remember you are NOT getting free money, you are rather turning some real money (spent at GoHastings) into a (sometimes) larger amount of Amazon Credit usable only at Amazon.com. Anyway, here are the numbers for a handful of PS3 games only, based on buying 3 of the same game on GH and trading in to Amazon, including the 6.84 shipping costs.

UFC 2010, Super Street Fighter IV, and Infamous were the only ones in my list that yielded a net gain in credit, netting $11.41, $10.21, and $5.22, respectively.

The document with the numbers on a number of other games is here. I couldn't paste a table in these comments, sorry.

bread's done
Back