Photo
- - - - -

Darksiders $15, Mass Effect 2 & God of War 3 $18 and More - GameFly Weekly Deals

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#31 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:41 AM

Looking forward to Alpha Protocol for PS3. Thanks Cheapy.
Posted Image

#32 DragonJuggs

DragonJuggs

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:50 AM

Just a reminder for those looking to pick up ME2 used. If you want DLC you will have to pay an extra $15 to get on the "Cerberus Network."

#33 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:56 AM

I'm tempted to bite on Darksiders and GOW3, but I have a feeling some better deal will come along within the next few months and I'll still have not beaten even half way through of either.

If it matters, I'd say Darksiders is about twice as long as GoWIII.
Posted Image

#34 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

Good price for ME2, but I am hoping for a GOTY like they did with the first one.

you sir just saved me $17.99. thanks

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#35 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:06 AM

Thanks Cheapy, I finally gave in and picked up Dante's Inferno.

16Z462z.jpg

#36 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:11 AM

They also have Bioshock 2 (360) for only $17.99.
http://www.gamefly.c...Shock-2/135100/

16Z462z.jpg

#37 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

Just a reminder for those looking to pick up ME2 used. If you want DLC you will have to pay an extra $15 to get on the "Cerberus Network."

Actually, the used games from Gamefly comes with everything the new games do. If the code is still valid on the Network Card that came with new copies then everyone that buys a GF copy will get the DLC.

#38 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:16 AM

Dante's Inferno has great production value and at that price is well worth the pick up. It's only real weakness besides being a good GOW rip off is it is short.

I think the biggest weakness is that you can spam the cross and beat the game on hard. I platted it that way.

#39 zsciaeount

zsciaeount

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

Gonna finally bite on Alpha Protocol.

To anyone who doesn't already own it, Darksiders is an absolute steal at that price... very good game that borders on great. I had a lot of fun with it...

#40 Ravenous

Ravenous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

I knew GOW3 would dip... question is, will it go lower...

#41 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:41 AM

That's only if someone already used the code that came with the game. I'm not sure they would send that code with the disk for a rental, so I think there is a decent chance you'll get an unused code when buying used from GameFly.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with this?

#42 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:42 AM

I've already got all of these except for Alpha Protocol. Must resist.

#43 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:45 AM

That's only if someone already used the code that came with the game. I'm not sure they would send that code with the disk for a rental, so I think there is a decent chance you'll get an unused code when buying used from GameFly.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with this?

You will get the code. When you buy from GameFly they don't send you the code when you rent it. The case and manual will be unused (therefore the code too)

#44 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:49 AM

Good price for ME2, but I am hoping for a GOTY like they did with the first one.

Maybe....the ME1 platinum hits version only had, I believe, 1 DLC pack added in with it. Given the amount of DLC they've put out for ME2, and ME2's rapid price drop since launch....I'm thinking they might not go that route with ME2 and have decided to push the price down quickly to sell more units with the hope of selling more DLC on the backend. They might do something down the road (like just prior to ME3), but I wouldn't be banking on it in near term....or if they do, it may be more like the Fallout 3 GOTY. They'll sell 'plain' ME2 new at $30 and sell the one with all the DLC for $60

I've been playing through ME2 for a third time this week, and its an absolute steal at $18...and given the way gamefly works, the odds the Cerberus network (which gives you another member of your team and a few extra missions) code will still be unused as well.

#45 Geello

Geello

Walked into Mordor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:53 AM

Every time I try to play Mass Effect my saves corrupt. Still have ME2 sealed and waiting for when I can actually get through the first.

How is Alpha Protocol, worth it at this price?

Posted Image

#46 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:53 AM

After two pumpkin ales and a Guinness, these seems like really good prices for AP, Darksiders, and il Inferno

#47 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:03 AM

To anyone who doesn't already own it, Darksiders is an absolute steal at that price... very good game that borders on great. I had a lot of fun with it...

I'm in for Darksiders.
Posted Image

#48 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

Already have GoW3 from last time, and Darksiders from Gamestop. Thinking about Alpha Protocol and ME2 though.

#49 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

Almost ordered Dante but saw that there was tax. That was enough to draw me out of my less than sober-spell.

#50 slowpantz

slowpantz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:17 AM

Picked up Dantes and Alpha Protocol both fell in my buy range for them. Thanks Cheapy.
Check out a classy show, One man asking a series of woman the hard hitting questions! : letsaskalady.podbean.com
Also on iTunes! Subscribe today.

#51 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:18 AM

Couldn't resist Darksiders and Dante's any longer. Will resist Alpha Protocol for a bit longer though.

#52 brkptr

brkptr

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:32 AM

Thanks, I was wondering about Darksiders. It didn't get great reviews but the word of mouth (at least from people on here) has been pretty strong. It's worth $15 then? Looks like it's going for ~$20 used in most places so it's a deal from that point of view at least. I don't see too many people excited about it on this thread - is that just because everyone already has it?
Posted Image

#53 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:39 AM

I might get GOW and Darksiders for PS3. I need to expand my PS3 library.

#54 KnightofHearts

KnightofHearts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

Picked up Dante's Inferno after my 10% discount. Thanks Cheapy.
I Find Giants.
I Hunt Giants.
I Kill Giants.

#55 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:48 AM

If I had all the time in the world, I would buy every one of these games.

MjC

#56 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

Thanks, I was wondering about Darksiders. It didn't get great reviews but the word of mouth (at least from people on here) has been pretty strong. It's worth $15 then? Looks like it's going for ~$20 used in most places so it's a deal from that point of view at least. I don't see too many people excited about it on this thread - is that just because everyone already has it?

I absolutely recommend Darksiders, especially at $15. I bought it — for $20 on Amazon — and beat it about a month ago. I thought it was a great game. If you like the Zelda games, then you'll be right at home with Darksiders, since it follows a similar formula, and Darksiders is structured in such a way that always keeps the game interesting (there's always new stuff to obtain and explore). The only part of the game that I've heard people complain about is the final quest, but I thought it was fine, since I opened up all the teleport locations, and by that time, you have a certain mode of transportation that helps — plus, I liked going back to the places earlier in the game where I needed an item that you only obtained later in the game. Also, the ending of Darksiders was fucking awesome; I can't wait for Darksiders 2.

#57 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:52 AM

Nice, time to re-buy ME2, I traded it back into gamestop two weeks after launch since I knew the deals would come-a-running later down the line.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#58 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:53 AM

Tempted to bite on :ps3: Alpha Protocol and :ps3: GOW3. I'm under the impression that between the scratch resistant discs and what I've read on here about getting new cases that these are basically like new. I'm wondering if I'll see them for less than this price in that condition any time soon or if I should just pull the trigger...

#59 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:54 AM

I don't want to be an ass, but:
http://www.metacriti...-360/darksiders

83 isn't great? I think the game was universally praised, but it sort of got lost in the shuffle of "OMG BAYONETTA" and Mass Effect 2 coming out relatively soon after, plus it being a new IP. You sound convinced already, but I'm a staunch supporter of this game and dev team now because I loved it.
Posted Image

#60 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

It's a steal for Darksiders...
I should get Alpha Protocol, but I'll wait.