Darksiders $15, Mass Effect 2 & God of War 3 $18 and More - GameFly Weekly Deals

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having a 3 day used game sale with great prices and free shipping on the titles listed below. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 9/17.

:360::ps3: Darksiders (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Alpha Protocol (360/PS3) $17.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm gonna wait for sub 15 on Alpha and same on GOW. I want PS3 Dante.[/QUOTE]

I had both GOW3 and Dante's Inferno, the two games are too similar to own both, so I traded in Dante to Amazon.

I however kept Bayonetta. Not all button smashing games are the same, but GOW and Dante are.

[quote name='youngavatar']i just wanted to know is dante inferno gameplay and stages on the same level as bayonetta and how long is it?[/QUOTE]

Dante's Inferno has great production value and at that price is well worth the pick up. It's only real weakness besides being a good GOW rip off is it is short.

[quote name='vlv723']SOB. Should've waited longer for Dante's Inferno. Bought it for $20 a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
Same here...would have rather paid less, now that I have played the game.

I think I will pick up Alpha Protocol and God of War 3 though. They could go lower, but those seem like good price points for the two.

Dante's Inferno is a GOW rip off, but it is a good game. Its no GOW but it is definitely worth a play through. It can be platinumed/1000 in less than 20 hours.

Anyone recommend Alpha Protocol?

I played thorugh Alpha Protocol on hard... It is a good game, however it didnt live up to everyone trying to hype it as a modern day type of mass effect. For sub 20 dollars though its a very good deal in my opinion.

Had a $5 coupon sitting around so I picked up GoW 3 for 11 or so. I've already rented and beat it but it's a solid game for my collection, I think.

[quote name='Danimal']I'm tempted on ME2, even though I didn't finish (or particularly enjoy) the first one.[/QUOTE]

Why not? If it was the story component, then you won't like this one. If it was the combat, you may like this one. It's basically gears of war combat.

[quote name='Danimal']I'm tempted on ME2, even though I didn't finish (or particularly enjoy) the first one.[/QUOTE]

I felt the exact same way about the first one. I got bored quickly and didn't finish it. However, I absolutely love the second one and beat it within a week. It's one of the best games of the year and that's a good price. You should give it a try.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Anyone recommend Alpha Protocol?[/QUOTE]

I loved it. Didn't seem to be the common consensus though. The prospect of a Mass Effect 1 ish stealth RPG made me try it despite the poor reviews. Certainly wouldn't recommend it at $60, but I'd say it's hard to go wrong with this price.

AI can be pretty wonky at times and it's easy to break the game with certain talent setups. And on the flip side certain battles felt near impossible with specific talent setups. It's been a few months since I played it so I don't remember all the complaints I had, just that there were a lot of little things.

Biggest complaint most people seemed to have was the RPG shooter style combat. I don't mind dice roll shooters and this one wasn't all that big a deal because it didn't make much sense to go with certain guns, so you end up with more than enough talent points to max out at least one weapon quickly (add the fact I preferred stealth killing everything I was hardly shooting.)

I'm tempted to bite on Darksiders and GOW3, but I have a feeling some better deal will come along within the next few months and I'll still have not beaten even half way through of either.

Shouldn't have made God of War 3 a day one purchase would have never thought we would see the deals we have on this game. Sony games like this (uncharted prime example) took forever to drop and I figured GoW3 would have been the same.

Regardless great deal for holdouts and I'm tempted by Alpha Protocol I'll give it a few days and think about it.

Just a reminder for those looking to pick up ME2 used. If you want DLC you will have to pay an extra $15 to get on the "Cerberus Network."

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']I'm tempted to bite on Darksiders and GOW3, but I have a feeling some better deal will come along within the next few months and I'll still have not beaten even half way through of either.[/QUOTE]

If it matters, I'd say Darksiders is about twice as long as GoWIII.

[quote name='TMStar']Good price for ME2, but I am hoping for a GOTY like they did with the first one.[/QUOTE]

you sir just saved me $17.99. thanks

[quote name='DragonJuggs']Just a reminder for those looking to pick up ME2 used. If you want DLC you will have to pay an extra $15 to get on the "Cerberus Network."[/QUOTE]
Actually, the used games from Gamefly comes with everything the new games do. If the code is still valid on the Network Card that came with new copies then everyone that buys a GF copy will get the DLC.

[quote name='FiendCameron']Dante's Inferno has great production value and at that price is well worth the pick up. It's only real weakness besides being a good GOW rip off is it is short.[/QUOTE]

I think the biggest weakness is that you can spam the cross and beat the game on hard. I platted it that way.

Gonna finally bite on Alpha Protocol.

To anyone who doesn't already own it, Darksiders is an absolute steal at that price... very good game that borders on great. I had a lot of fun with it...

[quote name='DragonJuggs']Just a reminder for those looking to pick up ME2 used. If you want DLC you will have to pay an extra $15 to get on the "Cerberus Network."[/QUOTE]

That's only if someone already used the code that came with the game. I'm not sure they would send that code with the disk for a rental, so I think there is a decent chance you'll get an unused code when buying used from GameFly.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with this?

[quote name='DarkonJohn']That's only if someone already used the code that came with the game. I'm not sure they would send that code with the disk for a rental, so I think there is a decent chance you'll get an unused code when buying used from GameFly.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with this?[/QUOTE]

You will get the code. When you buy from GameFly they don't send you the code when you rent it. The case and manual will be unused (therefore the code too)

[quote name='TMStar']Good price for ME2, but I am hoping for a GOTY like they did with the first one.[/QUOTE]

Maybe....the ME1 platinum hits version only had, I believe, 1 DLC pack added in with it. Given the amount of DLC they've put out for ME2, and ME2's rapid price drop since launch....I'm thinking they might not go that route with ME2 and have decided to push the price down quickly to sell more units with the hope of selling more DLC on the backend. They might do something down the road (like just prior to ME3), but I wouldn't be banking on it in near term....or if they do, it may be more like the Fallout 3 GOTY. They'll sell 'plain' ME2 new at $30 and sell the one with all the DLC for $60

I've been playing through ME2 for a third time this week, and its an absolute steal at $18...and given the way gamefly works, the odds the Cerberus network (which gives you another member of your team and a few extra missions) code will still be unused as well.

Every time I try to play Mass Effect my saves corrupt. Still have ME2 sealed and waiting for when I can actually get through the first.

How is Alpha Protocol, worth it at this price?

[quote name='zsciaeount']Gonna finally bite on Alpha Protocol.

To anyone who doesn't already own it, Darksiders is an absolute steal at that price... very good game that borders on great. I had a lot of fun with it...[/QUOTE]
I'm in for Darksiders.

bread's done
Back