Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance: First Trailer online! (2/2012)

fuck that, the first one was a goddamn abomination against celluloid the likes of which Michael Bay aspires to. This has shit written all over it. In shit.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It's being directed by the dudes behind Crank/Crank 2 so I'm definitely in!!![/QUOTE]

Sooooo... Ghost Rider will have to get his VENGEANCE to the kingpin otherwise the WORLD WILL BLOW UP?

I hardly remember the first one, if that's any indication of what I thought about it, other than that I really, really hated the female lead in the movie. I remember there were a couple cool concepts, but the execution of the film was entirely lacking. Hopefully they can make a better movie this time around that a little more truthful to the characters, is dark and atmospheric, and kicks ass. I would love to see the Blade people work on this franchise. I think even the people who made Constantine could make this one better.

The first one was a god awful abomination. It pretty much fucked Ghost Rider up. Here is a hint; get rid of Nick Cage, and base it off anything Garth Ennis has done on good ol' GR.

Saying that, I am glad Mendes is gone and emo Blackheart as well. Nice to see the Crank director aboard. At least we know the action won't suck this time.

Why so much hate against the first movie? It wasn't so bad...is it because Nick Cage was in it? I could think of other movies that were worse than this. Personally I would love to see Daredevil 2 being made instead of this movie. But to be honest, I think unless GR2 had some reference/connection to the avengers movie, then I don't think fans will care.

Mendez is a terrible actress but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching her onscreen.

Ghost Rider was horrible however.

Apparently GI Joe is coming back too - I enjoyed the first one so I'm excited about that.

Never saw the first one. Nick Cage as Johnny Blaze was a major turn off. I still have the first appearance of Ghost Rider (Marvel Spotlight #5) and in pretty damn good condition.

Unless they tie this one in with all the other Marvel movies I'll probably pass.

I only say this because I think he is to old for the part and does not fit it at all, but if Nick Cage is in it count me out. I only saw the first one because I am a Ghost Rider fan, atleast when it comes to the one that was in the cartoons in the 90s. I thought I would give it a chance just becuase I read that Nick Cage was a big Ghost Rider fan and was so much of one he had a Ghost Rider tattoo. Thought the same then as I do now just after that last one I don't know if I care to see this one.

I like Nic Cage, and I didn't mind the first one; wasn't my favorite superhero movie but I don't think it was the worst either.

Worst part though was
when the Caretaker went into Ghost Rider mode and rode with Johnny Blaze, only to go back to human form right before the big battle and say some shit about how he was saving that for one last ride. Seriously? You power down after one shot of riding in the desert? Gtfo

[quote name='lolwut?']I like Nic Cage[/QUOTE]

I wish I could like the guy but... even in The Rock he sucked. Gone in 60 seconds might be his only decent performance that I can think of... So are you saying you like shitty movies? lol

[quote name='VipFREAK']I wish I could like the guy but... even in The Rock he sucked. Gone in 60 seconds might be his only decent performance that I can think of... So are you saying you like shitty movies? lol[/QUOTE]

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess that you've never seen Raising Arizona, Bringing Out The Dead, Leaving Las Vegas, Matchstick Men, Red Rock West, Adaptation, Birdy, Moonstruck, or Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (he is fantastic in this movie).

Nicolas Cage is fucking awesome and people who have only seen Ghost Rider or The Rock or Gone in 60 Seconds or those Wicker Man videos on Youtube should probably add a few of the above to their Netflix queue before they say shit like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
not_the_bees.jpg

They stopped making Fantastic Four movies after the 2nd one. I'm sure the producers will learn this same lesson.

I walked out of the first one. I waited until he changed into Ghost Rider and he started cracking jokes. The Spirit of Vengeance doesn't make quips.

[quote name='Xevious']They stopped making Fantastic Four movies after the 2nd one. I'm sure the producers will learn this same lesson.[/QUOTE]

A reboot of the FF is in the works. ATM it's called Fantastic Four Reborn.

[quote name='Rodimus']A reboot of the FF is in the works. ATM it's called Fantastic Four Reborn.[/QUOTE]

I just don't get it.... the FF movies were "ok"....they don't need a reboot. But then again 1 bad movie, it's reboot the entire damn series...example spiderman.

I actually liked both Fantastic Four movies.

They should reboot everything and have like one producer handle all the Marvel movies. I think they have too many cooks in the kitchen. Makes it hard to tie all the movies together. Pay all the actors by the line and cast unknowns. No more superstars. Then they could have a nice string of cult classics all tied together, rather than trying to make summer blockbuster movies and failing miserably because the goal is top dollar, not top quality.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess that you've never seen Raising Arizona, Bringing Out The Dead, Leaving Las Vegas, Matchstick Men, Red Rock West, Adaptation, Birdy, Moonstruck, or Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (he is fantastic in this movie).

Nicolas Cage is fucking awesome and people who have only seen Ghost Rider or The Rock or Gone in 60 Seconds or those Wicker Man videos on Youtube should probably add a few of the above to their Netflix queue before they say shit like this.[/QUOTE]

He was also decent in 8MM.

[quote name='Gden']Am I the only person who liked him in Knowing? The movie was terrible, but he was good in it[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the ending to Knowing... That whole life tree was bs:bomb:

Everyone dying in the firestorm/flare was sad :cry:

I just watched it here at work, so I couldn't have sound...

Well, I may go see it because it's from the Crank people, but I tried not to laugh while watching it. It seems kinda terrible.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Why so much hate against the first movie? It wasn't so bad...is it because Nick Cage was in it? I could think of other movies that were worse than this. Personally I would love to see Daredevil 2 being made instead of this movie. But to be honest, I think unless GR2 had some reference/connection to the avengers movie, then I don't think fans will care.[/QUOTE]

that ,movie was beyond horrible nick cage was a huge part of why ( his hair and monotone acting)were very big reasons why that movie sucked. he basically sleep walks through the whole thing like a bored uninterested zombie. im all for a new ghost rider flick especially if it leads to a midnight sons arch but not with nick cage in the lead.

Interesting trailer and the first one was OK...not great, but decent. I am sensing a possible reboot of how Ghost Rider is done, with a different costume and perhaps a little more action and less storyline. Not sure if that would be good or bad (depends on how great the action is I suppose) but I can see it going in that direction for the sequel.

what was the last good movie nick cage was in?

matchstick men?

wicker man was hillarious and so was that recent movie about exorcism during the crusades with hellboy... uhh ron pearlman thats his name

that movie was so bad its funny

[quote name='giantqtipz']what was the last good movie nick cage was in?

matchstick men?

wicker man was hillarious and so was that recent movie about exorcism during the crusades with hellboy... uhh ron pearlman thats his name

that movie was so bad its funny[/QUOTE]

Season of the Witch looks interesting, although I cannot personally say if the movie was good.

[quote name='ITDEFX']gotta love that pissing fire ending holy shit! :D[/QUOTE]

The directors might as well come out and piss on a mint condition 'Marvel Spotlight #5'

This movie would be better if he spent 90%+ of the screen time as Ghost Rider. Instead I'm sure we'll get plenty of time spent with Cage sulking or some shit.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']fuck that, the first one was a goddamn abomination against celluloid the likes of which Michael Bay aspires to. This has shit written all over it. In shit.[/QUOTE]

Well atleast if michael bay had done it the special effects would have been better.

But yeah ghost rider was a fucking joke of a excuse of a pathetic turd of a movie. I remember sitting in the theater during a fight scene and I realized I was sitting there staring at the screen thinking "When I get home I need to do some laundry oh and I need to stop at the store and get a couple things. I wonder if the new episode of dexter is on tonight"

I cant get excited about this at all really nor do I really care mostly because I dont like nic cage, he cant act and he is painful to watch.

This already has 2 strikes against it. 1) The movie has 3 fucking writers and 2) its going to be in 3d. Those are 2 signs of a mediocre at best movie.

[quote name='gargus']Well atleast if michael bay had done it the special effects would have been better.

But yeah ghost rider was a fucking joke of a excuse of a pathetic turd of a movie. I remember sitting in the theater during a fight scene and I realized I was sitting there staring at the screen thinking "When I get home I need to do some laundry oh and I need to stop at the store and get a couple things. I wonder if the new episode of dexter is on tonight"

I cant get excited about this at all really nor do I really care mostly because I dont like nic cage, he cant act and he is painful to watch.

This already has 2 strikes against it. 1) The movie has 3 fucking writers and 2) its going to be in 3d. Those are 2 signs of a mediocre at best movie.[/QUOTE]

he was good in that movie where he was an alcoholic and dying of course maybe that movie was good because i couldnt wait to see him die........

bread's done
Back